Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Deary me, you've made a right c**t of yourself here.

Do you understand what the phrase 'best odds' means? It means the best odds available on the market. There was other bookies looking to rip people off by offering 9/2 last week aswell, but i never listed them because they weren't the best odds on the market. If you want to list the worst odds you can do worse than 9/2, betway will give you an overly tight 4/1. On the other hand the worst odds on a no vote are an eye watering 1/9 on with bet victor, but again i never listed them because they aren't the best odds on the market.

Here's the updated best odds on the market for your benefit pal.

Yes vote - 5/1 ( bet victor, coral )

No vote - 1/5 ( betfair )

To sum it up, after all the debates and bluster over the last week, the odds haven't changed at all. Just like public opinion then.

Don't gamble mate.

No that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Can anyone see the difference between a 2 horse race and a 20 horse race? Which would you rather bet on? This is a 2 possible out come event, not a 20 possible outcome event. The only comparable football bet is a one off league cup tie. Not on the odds of the match, but on the odds of qualifying for the next round.

Groves/Froch had identical odds to YES/NO on Betfair, I don't remember watching that fight and thinking at any point that Groves had no chance, we're not even close to the weigh in yet, plenty of time for YES to get under the skin.

At the moment YES have the 6 on a dice and NO has the rest, would anyone with significant assets put them all on No in those circumstances?

Edited by ayrmad

Groves/Froch had identical odds to YES/NO on Betfair, I don't remember watching that fight and thinking at any point that Groves had no chance, we're not even close to the weigh in yet, plenty of time for YES to get under the skin.

So you're citing an example of something that the bookies got right as an argument against this? Why don't you cite an example of something that was odds against winning?

Is your point that things that are really, really, really likely to happen, sometimes don't happen? Well, thanks for this unexpected revelation.

Edited by Lex

Your best odds in the OP had WH offering 5/1. They're now 9/2. Awkies.

Dear me :lol:

Some bookies have went out, some have came in. The only relevant comparison is the best odds on the market. I'm surprised you're struggling with this tbh.

So you're citing an example of something that the bookies got right as an argument against this? Why don't you cite an example of something that was odds against winning?

Is your point that things that are really, really, really likely to happen, sometimes don't happen? Well, thanks for this unexpected revelation.

There won't be a ref to step in and halt proceedings prematurely.

1/5 shots get beaten all the time, in fact they lose approximately 1 in every 6 shots, we aren't even near kick off yet.

Edited by ayrmad

There won't be a ref to step in and halt proceedings prematurely.

1/5 shots get beaten all the time, in fact they lose approximately 1 in every 6 shots, we aren't even near kick off yet.

So do 1/100 shots. Im not sure what the point is here.

If people think Yes is value at 5 to 1 go for it. I think its a pretty poor bet though. You ll see 5 to 1 shots in the racing today much more likely to win than Yes.

So do 1/100 shots. Im not sure what the point is here.

If people think Yes is value at 5 to 1 go for it. I think its a pretty poor bet though. You ll see 5 to 1 shots in the racing today much more likely to win than Yes.

Which of todays papers will we find a 5/1 shot in next Autumns racing that is more likely to win than YES?

Not quite next Autumn but Australia is around 5 to 1 to win the Derby in June.

That is much more likely to happen than Yes winning.

If it lines up in the Derby?

The list of horses high up in the following seasons Classics have a terrible record for pulling out.

Thanks for trying.

Dear me :lol:

Some bookies have went out, some have came in. The only relevant comparison is the best odds on the market. I'm surprised you're struggling with this tbh.

None of the three best price bookies you cited in your OP have lengthened their odds on Yes. One has shortened.

How embarrassing for you.

5KWCnO5.gif

Edit: 2 HAVE. 9/2 AT LADDYS. UNBELIEVABLE JEFF.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

None of the three best price bookies you cited in your OP have lengthened their odds on Yes. One has shortened.

How embarrassing for you.

Posted Image

Edit: 2 HAVE. 9/2 AT LADDYS. UNBELIEVABLE JEFF.

Do you want me to provide every single book makers odds? Or shall i continue to provide best value only?

Like I said if your desire is to find the worst odds to get ripped off go to bet way, they will take your money for 4/1.

If you want the best odds, you can get 5/1. Really surprised how badly you're struggling here.

Do you want me to provide every single book makers odds? Or shall i continue to provide best value only?

Like I said if your desire is to find the worst odds to get ripped off go to bet way, they will take your money for 4/1.

If you want the best odds, you can get 5/1. Really surprised how badly you're struggling here.

I'm not struggling, I'm laughing my cock off that two of the three examples you provided in the OP have shortened the odds on Yes, after you were giving it the "get on it now, it'll only get worse" chat.

Stinger.

I'm not struggling, I'm laughing my cock off that two of the three examples you provided in the OP have shortened the odds on Yes, after you were giving it the "get on it now, it'll only get worse" chat.

Stinger.

I cited them as they were the best odds available, they no longer are. What part of this don't you get? 5/1 is still the best odds, you'll get it at two high street bookmakers.

Only one bookie will give you such generosity with 1/5 on for no however: bet fair.

The high street bookies you seem so keen on - Laddies and W Hill - are both offering a tear inducing 1/7 on for no.

I don't list them though, because they aren't best value. That's the point of this thread, not bizarre musings on individual book makers.

Ladbrokes were 5/2 previously. Until a flood of money forced them to push out Yes.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-yes-vote-odds-at-longest-1-3185408

"5/1 is the biggest they've ever been"

Exactly why taking that position is sensible at the moment, a lay later on and it's free money.