Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Did you find anyone to take it? Just in case.. ^_^ My usuals have closed the books..

No :(

Bet365 did have it before 10 but didn't realise they were going to pull it.

Might still be OK. 45 would be a 10 point win so im still hopeful

Those No voters are just pathetic. No matter the result weve gotta move on and get more devo as promised. Or we will be back here quicker than anyone expected.

Thing is, I don't give a shite about more devo of the sort that being promised. Really, what's the big deal about being responsible for housing benefit? It's like your dad paying you to cut the grass and taking the same amount off your pocket money.

Ach I don't think we are going to do it and I'm absolutely devastated. Spoke with a very prominent labour peer and he Is immensely certain it's a no. I think we've had a good run but up against the media and the bullshit we just weren't strong enough :(

The Yes side have done very well in this campaign. The referendum was premature because the SNP won power by a quirk of the d'Hondt system on an anti-Labour protest vote and due to the collapse of the Lib Dems and didn't really have a proper mandate for it. Cameron and co went for it because they thought they could kill the issue stone dead with a landslide No. Another 15 or 20 years or so of squabbling over the West Lothian question and the Barnett formula is on the cards if No wins it and once the older generation has departed stage right you'll probably wind up getting what you want.

Let the Yes seethe begin :)

There will be no seethe from this Yes voter I can assure you, it's the democracy thing you see. And perhaps the good ship UK will indeed limp into port but it's fatally holed below the waterline. The mould is broken, the dam is breached, the mirror is shattered and Gordon Brown's gonads which he injudiciously placed on a chopping board will start to feel gey tender in the coming months.

I'm old enough to remember 1979 and all that, but I'm still young enough to see things come around again. Sure there will be disappointment but no dismay. And remember veikbe, if it is to be your night then there's way of accepting victory as well as defeat - I have to say you've made a poor start.

Thing is, I don't give a shite about more devo of the sort that being promised. Really, what's the big deal about being responsible for housing benefit? It's like your dad paying you to cut the grass and taking the same amount off your pocket money.

Surely the grass should be cut to earn the pocket money in the first place?

10pm: Polls close after what is expected to be one of the highest turnouts in British electoral history. There have even been reports this evening that a polling station in Falkirk closed early because it had already had a 100% turnout.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/scottish-independence-referendum-live-updates-7790319

The Yes side have done very well in this campaign. The referendum was premature because the SNP won power by a quirk of the d'Hondt system on an anti-Labour protest vote and due to the collapse of the Lib Dems and didn't really have a proper mandate for it. Cameron and co went for it because they thought they could kill the issue stone dead with a landslide No. Another 15 or 20 years or so of squabbling over the West Lothian question and the Barnett formula is on the cards if No wins it and once the older generation has departed stage right you'll probably wind up getting what you want.

Aye the battle may be lost be think it's only a matter of time till the war is won.

Even 45% is well beyond what I though was the Yes celling.

I think people think it is a exit poll and there is none. So think the bookies have overrated imho

Indeed. All polls bar one have indicated a win for NO at fifty-odd per cent. YES has always needed the polls to be wrong, through first time voters and/or higher turnout, so not sure this You Gov poll tonight really changes anything as such.