Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Not that you're biased or anything? I thought it was a neutral and pretty dull interview. It'll be a dull climax and it's getting a bit boring

That might be the nicest thing you've ever said about Salmond!

I thought the interview was anything but dull:

- the 'Ireland will not be regarded as a foreign country' was v interesting

- Salmond claiming to know the govt. minister from the Guardian CU story also a new one on me

He gave the type of performance I would want to see from the leader of my country (other than his mispronunciation of 'th' (I'll do free fings after Fursday) - which is clearly outwith his control!!)

That might be the nicest thing you've ever said about Salmond!

I thought the interview was anything but dull:

- the 'Ireland will not be regarded as a foreign country' was v interesting

- Salmond claiming to know the govt. minister from the Guardian CU story also a new one on me

He gave the type of performance I would want to see from the leader of my country (other than his mispronunciation of 'th' (I'll do free fings after Fursday) - which is clearly outwith his control!!)

That "we invented the World" bit made me cringe a wee bit and the "land of Adam Smith" but they were both ok.

I still have utter contempt for Salmond.....HTH

Edited by Banterous

What about them, specifically "look suspect"?

- the fact that there has been pretty major differnecs throughout the campaign, depending on which poll you read. No we are to believe they are identical.

- the fact that they are just within the margin of error to allow them a get out clause if Yes wins.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't feel right to me.

Maybe the actions of the last ten days are starting to get to me. Do you believe that underhand tactics have been used by the British Government in order to win this referendum? Or has it all been transparent and fair?

There's an element of bias because the surveys are carried out by people who dress as red coats

Actually, in all three cases the surveys are software algorithms dished out to folk who have volunteered to be polled.

That "we invented the World" bit made me cringe a wee bit and the "land of Adam Smith" but they were both ok.

I still have utter contempt for Salmond.....HTH

He clearly never said 'we invented the modern world' - in fact he specifically said that it shouldn't be something Scots themselves claim.

What's wrong with 'the land of Adam Smith'? His name has been used in vain so many times its about time we reclaimed him.

He clearly never said 'we invented the modern world' - in fact he specifically said that it shouldn't be something Scots themselves claim.

What's wrong with 'the land of Adam Smith'? His name has been used in vain so many times its about time we reclaimed him.

Yeah, it was an American author who named his book that.

Ah Dimbleby was talking over him so I didn't hear it. Fair enough.

The Adam Smith reference because it sounded a bit small minded. I can't explain it. It would be preferable to talk about the here and now rather than talking about our place in history.

I took out the "great" before "place" in the above. Must stop repeating Salmond.....

Edited by Banterous

Maybe the actions of the last ten days are starting to get to me. Do you believe that underhand tactics have been used by the British Government in order to win this referendum? Or has it all been transparent and fair?

Think it's group think at work rather than orders from on high. Yougov changed their methodology to try to conform with the others and initially overshot slightly on that. Think it all boils down to turnout and it's difficult to know how seriously to take 90% suddenly saying they are certain to vote when normal service on that is about 55% nowadays. If the credibility of your company is at stake it's easy to see how 48:52 would be the safe way to go.