Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I just had a trawl through Twitter and lot of tweets in the last 10 mins along the lines of "if no one else is respecting the midnight curfew then either am I" then posting 41/41/18, so a tie when DK's are excluded.

Edited by Ando

That has got to be very bad news for NO.

Considering it's..

1) a fairly conservative (with a small 'c' of course) area

2) a traditional Liberal heartland

..then yes, it doesn't make for great reading for no. It's all anecdotal mind.

Traditionally the cities are the place that support Labour, and thus by implication the union in this case, so we'll need to see where that's going to end up.

Is the poll coming out at midnight the one which people are talking about as 39/38? Or is it an entirely different one?

Ta.

I assumed it was a different one as they were being so coy about it on Newsnight. They did stress it could not be released until the embargo was lifted.

Is the poll coming out at midnight the one which people are talking about as 39/38? Or is it an entirely different one?

Ta.

The tweets I read, and I don't normally use twitter so I don't know how reliable the sources are, were all talking about the TNS one being 41/41/18 and that was meant to be under wraps until midnight.

Most on here are quoting 39/38/23 so it's probably pish.

The tweets I read, and I don't normally use twitter so I don't know how reliable the sources are, were all talking about the TNS one being 41/41/18 and that was meant to be under wraps until midnight.

Most on here are quoting 39/38/23 so it's probably pish.

The Times has front paged it at 50-50

Do they count postal votes before polling day? Surely the chance of preliminary results leaking out is a bit undesirable?

I was just about to ask the same question. I thought that the postal votes would be/are counted at the same time as the rest of the votes.

Apparently they are counted before polling day:

http://www.jamesbarlow.co.uk/opening-postal-votes

"So, postal votes are opened and counted at regular sessions before polling day, and political agents are entitled to attend these sessions just as they are entitled to attend the count of non-postal ballot papers."

The TNS poll is interesting.

Y-N-U

Men: 41-36-23

Women: 35-41-24

Overall: 38-39-23

16-24: 44-34-22

25-34: 38-31-31

35-44: 47-31-22

45-54: 39-35-26

55-64: 39-39-22

65+: 25-57-18

16-34: 41-33-27

35-54: 43-33-24

55+: 31-49-20

Yes trouncing No with everyone bar 55+

Women and 65+ were the dominant subjects. Housewives and pensioners fucking our shit up.

Edited by Hearts Daft