Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I was in Dingwall at the weekend and I'm not exaggerating when I say there was a Yes poster on almost every single lamp post. BT have had to stick any of theirs underneath them and what would normally be impressive local campaign from them in another town is made to look like a lame effort. There must be the best part of a mile leading out of town where you pass a different sign every second. Entire forests must have disappeared in the making.

On the way, the giant fluorescent orange Yes put up in someone's garden in North Kessock in full view when you cross the bridge is a thing of beauty.

Inverness High Street is the same. That said, there's been a few complaints in the local paper(s) about the number of Yes stickers on "No Thanks" signs.

I'm sure lex will be along shortly after to comment on how No are still winning and how Scotland cannot wait to reject independence :)

Whilst one swallow a summer does not make, if the rumours are true this is huge news for yes. It was only the polls that remained in the British Nationalists favour.

The only NO sticker I see is usually around Bridgeton and if any if you know the area you won't be surprised .

Out of it, I can barely walk down a street in the east end without seeing a yes sticking on a car or a window

I've never been bothered about Polls from the start and the same will go for this one, even if it shows Yes in the lead.

Two months ago I had all but thrown in the towel.

However, since then, the change in people I know has been incredible. The amount of people I know personally who have switched to Yes in the past few weeks is staggering, it has litreally left me speechless at times as more and more converts make themselves known.

If this current change of heart is reflective across the country and the trend continues for the next fortnight - I think Yes will win.

Which would be just smashing :)

Edited by Guest

One poll with a Yes majority is all we need in my opinion. Yes has won the argument but many people are happy sticking with No because they think they are backing the winner. Once people realise they are wrong and in the minority they will jump ship.

I was in Dingwall at the weekend and I'm not exaggerating when I say there was a Yes poster on almost every single lamp post. BT have had to stick any of theirs underneath them and what would normally be impressive local campaign from them in another town is made to look like a lame effort. There must be the best part of a mile leading out of town where you pass a different sign every second. Entire forests must have disappeared in the making.

On the way, the giant fluorescent orange Yes put up in someone's garden in North Kessock in full view when you cross the bridge is a thing of beauty.

Dumfries is pretty quiet compared just about everywhere else. You get to odd banner but nothing beyond local election with the farmers fields filled with No Thanks instead of 'vote Tory.'

The Pentland hill Yes is brilliant. I saw it on the sunday it first appeared and couldn't believe it. The No voters on the South SIde of Edinburgh probaby choked on their cornflakes seeing that.

891937265.jpg

There are now hard NO's jumping across, Tories getting a wee tingle about social justice, undecideds switching to passionate YES's in hours, MO MEN TUM.

Edited for fcukwittery.

Edited by ayrmad

I'm sure lex will be along shortly after to comment on how No are still winning and how Scotland cannot wait to reject independence :)

The majority of No voters have either fled this forum or have swapped their modus operandi from smugness and arrogance to trolling.

Edited by Casual Bystander

They have been affa quiet.

I am on holiday from the 16th - 29th (actually leave Scotland three days after the vote) so I will miss the fall out on here either way.

I'm sure it will be entertaining reading either way.

I've never been bothered about Polls from the start and the same will go for this one, even if it shows Yes in the lead.

Two months ago I had all but thrown in the towel.

However, since then, the change in people I know has been incredible. The amount of people I know personally who have switched to Yes in the past few weeks is staggering, it has litreally left me speechless at times as more and more converts make themselves known.

If this current change of heart is reflective across the country and the trend continues for the next fortnight - I think Yes will win.

Which would be just smashing :)

Looking at it in another way, it's quite concerning how folk can potentially swing a referendum and shape the future of a country for potentially hundreds of years based on stuff they heard over just a few weeks before the vote.

With hindsight, serious campaigning to let people understand the nationalists points should have started much, much earlier rather than do a 'Lib Dems' in the last general election.

I rule myself guilty of that though (although I was always an undecided with a leaning towards Yes until a few months ago).

They have been affa quiet.

I am on holiday from the 16th - 29th (actually leave Scotland three days after the vote) so I will miss the fall out on here either way.

I'm sure it will be entertaining reading either way.

Am I right in saying the House of Lords has to vote to verify the result or what have you? That will be solid gold viewing if we vote yes.

Let's not start preparing ourselves to gloat. For a start we're still the underdogs here.

Secondly, think about who it is that usually goes in for the "NCC gonna be seething on 19/9 lololololol" chat. It's the likes of HB and Mr Bairn who get humiliating clampings on here constantly. The prospect of dishing out some GIRUY's is their own chance of feeling like they're somehow right. It's a coping mechanism.

If its a Yes win, let's just be happy and get on with being positive.

Let's not start preparing ourselves to gloat. For a start we're still the underdogs here.

Secondly, think about who it is that usually goes in for the "NCC gonna be seething on 19/9 lololololol" chat. It's the likes of HB and Mr Bairn who get humiliating clampings on here constantly. The prospect of dishing out some GIRUY's is their own chance of feeling like they're somehow right. It's a coping mechanism.

If its a Yes win, let's just be happy and get on with being positive.

I've certainly no intention of gloating if we're sensible enough to vote YES, it's like being a manager after the last game of the season, you automatically start planning for the future immediately after your party.

Independence will happen, of that I am absolutely sure. The main Westminster parties have shat the bed with their actions leaving the way open to the SNP to dominate the politics North of the border. A Yes vote will never see us push for reunification, yet a No vote will only see us push for the next referendum.

Edited by Casual Bystander

ITV news saying Alex Salmond got a rock star reception in the heart of Glasgow. Mental. Labour heartland and they are out in their droves. I am just shitting maself that the vote is still a fortnight away, can we not vote tomorrow.

Always have a heavy dose of skepticism when it comes to polls, Who are they polling, who verifies the poll was carried out correctly and who verifies the numbers/percentages are correct. I suppose a lot depends on who is paying for it and what type of questions are being asked. I strongly suspect that no matter the polls not one will show the Yes campaign as being in the lead.

Edited by Well Well

Am I right in saying the House of Lords has to vote to verify the result or what have you? That will be solid gold viewing if we vote yes.

The commons would have to pass a bill to abolish the act of union. They could technically block independence, but it might get rather messy if they do so. I think the only circumstance where they would block independence would be if "Team Scotland" were acting unreasonably in the smoke filled room.