Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

There's your ethnic nationalism and identity fascism showing through away.

Who are you to say who people should and shouldn't support? Total matter of opinion.

I'm not saying who people should and shouldn't support, just wondering why you would give preference to someone Welsh over someone American for the sole reason your country is in a political union with them. I don't get it.

New panelbase poll out it in Sunday Times today.

No 48(+2)

Yes 41 (-2)

Without DK's:

No 54 (+2)

Yes 46 (-2)

When even yes friendly polls like panelbase have yes losing ground, you know how much trouble they're in. More great news for the better together campaign.

No 48(+2)

Yes 41 (-2)

Without DK's:

No 54 (+2)

Yes 46 (-2)

When even yes friendly polls like panelbase have yes losing ground, you know how much trouble they're in. More great news for the better together campaign.

Can you explain hows odds work again?

No 48(+2)

Yes 41 (-2)

Without DK's:

No 54 (+2)

Yes 46 (-2)

decent poll

Can you explain hows odds work again?

deflect, deflect

Said this before but I don't get how someone could support Team GB, personally couldn't give a flying f**k about supporting anyone outwith Scotland, Scotland is our country, not NI/England or Wales? Why support anyone from they countries over someone from say Australia or USA?

Baffles me.

And you're entitled to that view.

Others, however, feel differently. I have no problem with being British and don't look at people from England/Wales etc as being from another country. If GB are competing then I'll support them; on the rare occassions Scotland are competing then I'll support Scotland.

Many people in Scotland are happy identifying as British just the same as many choose not to identify that way. I'm not here to tell you how to feel towards the whole Scottish/British thing as I consider trying to tell someone which national identity they should adhere to as pretty dickish, but this debate isn't really black and white.

Others, however, feel differently. I have no problem with being British and don't look at people from England/Wales etc as being from another country. If GB are competing then I'll support them; on the rare occassions Scotland are competing then I'll support Scotland.

Many people in Scotland are happy identifying as British just the same as many choose not to identify that way. I'm not here to tell you how to feel towards the whole Scottish/British thing as I consider trying to tell someone which national identity they should adhere to as pretty dickish, but this debate isn't really black and white.

Well put.

It's such a sickeningly nationalist thing to say... ' YOU'RE EITHER SCOTTISH OR BRITISH YOU CAN'T BE BOTH '

Have you thought about how Scotland and to a greater extent, Glasgow have done a great job in hosting and running these games, makes you feel?

If it had been a disaster and a shambles, it would have made you feel different.

Team Scotland doing well is just a bonus feel good factor on top.

It wont make a NO voter rethink their choice though, as they already have their mind set.

It may give soft NO's or undecideds that wee bit of confidence in Scotland to nudge them to YES.

Its like when your team lose, you dont feel like going out that night. When they win, your going out. No question.

We shall just need to wait and see.

In all honesty, it doesn't put me up nor down. A lot of effort has went in and I'm pleased the games have been a success. If I lived in or was from Glasgow I may feel differently, but in the absence of that I can't quite get on board with the excitement/pride of watching my home city put on a fantastic show.

It's a shame I live down here and am unable to make the games. Glasgow must be absolutely buzzing right now.

FYI - nights out are an excellent way to get over the disappointment of a defeat.

In all honesty, it doesn't put me up nor down. A lot of effort has went in and I'm pleased the games have been a success. If I lived in or was from Glasgow I may feel differently, but in the absence of that I can't quite get on board with the excitement/pride of watching my home city put on a fantastic show.

It's a shame I live down here and am unable to make the games. Glasgow must be absolutely buzzing right now.

FYI - nights out are an excellent way to get over the disappointment of a defeat.

Yeah. Shame.

The polls only show that there is still work to be done and the unknowns will have the say in who wins.

In the 2011 SP elections YouGov were miles off. The day before the election they had the SNP 9 points behind their eventual haul so the polls aren't as a good indication as the BT would have you believe.
Also it's not a parliamentary election so they weighting of the sample against the 2011 SP elections won't give 100% against a straight Yes / No vote.

No 48(+2)

Yes 41 (-2)

Without DK's:

No 54 (+2)

Yes 46 (-2)

I note that Lex fails to mention that the comparison he's quoting is against a Yes Scotland Panelbase poll instead of against the previous Sunday Times Panelbase poll.

As slightly different question series are asked, these polls are not directly comparable. If you compare against the previous Sunday Times Panelbase poll, the actual figures are

Yes 41% (+1)

No 48% (-1)

As such, I'm not sure why Lex appears to be celebrating a further decrease in the shaky "No" lead

No 48(+2)

Yes 41 (-2)

Without DK's:

No 54 (+2)

Yes 46 (-2)

If you compare it to the polling I did yesterday it is even more disastrous for Yes as they are down 9 points.

Of course nobody would would compare two completely different polls, even if they were from the same company, as that would be retarded.

Of course you can.

How can you say the UK and Scotland is your country, if you even recognise the UK as a country then that nullifys Scotland's identity.

People from outwith this island must look upon that view as being stupid as f**k tbh.

I'm not telling anyone how to identify themselves.

I'm just saying if you don't class the English or Welsh as being from a different country then in your mind Scotland isn't a country and merely a region of the UK.

Each to their own....

Said this before but I don't get how someone could support Team GB, personally couldn't give a flying f**k about supporting anyone outwith Scotland, Scotland is our country, not NI/England or Wales? Why support anyone from they countries over someone from say Australia or USA?

Baffles me.

Because we are British as well. :huh:

How can you say the UK and Scotland is your country, if you even recognise the UK as a country then that nullifys Scotland's identity.

People from outwith this island must look upon that view as being stupid as f**k tbh.

What a load of absolute nonsense.

Nations or countries overlap both in terms of territory and conceptually all the time. Nothing about the existence of the UK "nullifies Scotland's identity". That's absurd. Your territorial determinism is shared, curiously enough, by ethnic nationalists. Just saying likes.