Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

So in 3 months they went from behind to a landslide victory. Sort of proves his point tbh, in a more accurate kind of way.

Really puts the current polls into context, wouldn't you say?

No.This is a two horse race. Andit's a referendum, not an election.

So in 3 months they went from behind to a landslide victory. Sort of proves his point tbh, in a more accurate kind of way.

Really puts the current polls into context, wouldn't you say?

I just had a quick look at the polls for 2011. As usual H_B gives a tiny wee bit of the story. The bit he likes. On 4th April 2011. Four weeks prior to the election SNP and Labour were 37% each. The poll he referred to in Feb 2011 had the SNP ahead by 1%. This was the only poll prior to April 4th to do so. According to the polls the SNP won the election by landslide in the last week of the election.

I just had a quick look at the polls for 2011. As usual H_B gives a tiny wee bit of the story. The bit he likes. On 4th April 2011. Four weeks prior to the election SNP and Labour were 37% each. The poll he referred to in Feb 2011 had the SNP ahead by 1%. This was the only poll prior to April 4th to do so. According to the polls the SNP won the election by landslide in the last week of the election.

Well researched. Its the same as for many referendums and elections. People don't get engaged properly until the last couple months. Even HB knows this and has admitted it, so why he maintains the law squad fiction is something of a mystery.

I've had a quick look at the IPSOS MORI poll.

If you weight it on the constituency votes from the 2011 election the results are actually:

YES 37.7%

NO 49.6%

UNDECIDED 12.7%

YES 43.2%

NO 56.8%

I wonder why STV are so against independence.

I've had a quick look at the IPSOS MORI poll.

If you weight it on the constituency votes from the 2011 election the results are actually:

YES 37.7%

NO 49.6%

UNDECIDED 12.7%

YES 43.2%

NO 56.8%

I wonder why STV are so against independence.

I'm not sure entirely what you mean? Could you explain in a little more depth please? What figures are these and how did you calculate them? Not having a go, just interested!

I'm not sure entirely what you mean? Could you explain in a little more depth please? What figures are these and how did you calculate them? Not having a go, just interested!

I just used the % of the constituency vote each party received in the last election on the 1006 people they polled.

ie, SNP polled 45.4% of the constituency vote, 45.4% of 1006 = 456.7 SNP voters should have been polled instead of the 294 that were polled.

Of those 456.7 people I multiplied it by the 205/(205+46+49)=681/3% who said YES in the poll, so YES would have gained 312 votes just from the SNP voters polled, IPSOS MORI only attributed 205 YES votes from SNP voters.

You just continue that process for the other 14 options and calculate the %'s.

Edited by ayrmad

Well, what I give is the acual truth. Not one I have invented, like yourself.

I'm glad you acknowledge though that you were talking out of your arse when you claimed that 2 weeks before polling polls were "neck and neck".

Indeed, talking out of your arse seems to be an occupational hazard for you, given that even in this post after your supposed "research", which clearly went as well as your cut and pasting for terrible Nat blogs, you've still not managed to be right.

It is not true to say that the Feb poll was the only poll prior to April 4 that had the SNP ahead..

Would you like a third go to get this right?

Well, what I give is the acual truth. Not one I have invented, like yourself.

I'm glad you acknowledge though that you were talking out of your arse when you claimed that 2 weeks before polling polls were "neck and neck".

Indeed, talking out of your arse seems to be an occupational hazard for you, given that even in this post after your supposed "research", which clearly went as well as your cut and pasting for terrible Nat blogs, you've still not managed to be right.

It is not true to say that the Feb poll was the only poll prior to April 4 that had the SNP ahead..

Would you like a third go to get this right?

Furiously backpedalling after I caught him talking out if his arse. Has now spent AGES trawling the internet to discover a (gasp) second poll.

You do know that your an object of fun to most on here?

Scotland are not a test playing country, therefore all Scottish cricket players are eligible to play for the English & Wales cricket board. So he can say "us" and mean Scotland. HTH

I don't think the meant in that way though

Scotland are not a test playing country, therefore all Scottish cricket players are eligible to play for the English & Wales cricket board. So he can say "us" and mean Scotland. HTH

Can they still do that, even though they split away from the TCCB in 1992? Scotland take part in the cricket world cup in their own right nowadays.

Edited by vip3r