Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I find it hard to see how a "Yes" vote camp will win. The "No" vote camp has several advantages. Firstly, the unionist camp will be flooded with funds from the people down south. They'll use every scare tactic imaginable with "the devil you do you know, or the devil you don't know" being particularly powerful. Most important of all older voters have become so set in their ways. They couldn't contemplate voting for independence. Despite all that, I think the final vote will be far closer than anyone thinks. Due to younger voters being more likely to vote compared to general elections.

It's a pity that the vote isn't exclusively online next year as it appears Yes would win comfortably if that was the case.

Brandwatch, Europe's largest social media monitoring and analysis company, trawls 65 million data sources a day across the worldwide web, studying the opinions of millions of Twitter, Facebook and other online forums.

73% for Yes.

http://www.brandwatch.com/scottishindependencereferendum/

No matter what kind of forum you go onto on any kind of subject be it Football, Fishing, Cars etc, Yes does seem to be in a healthy lead in the vast majortiy of Polls.

Apathy will be one of the biggest factors IMO.

I love it when I see the papers reporting that Yes is getting trounced. If that continues it will only ensure all Yes voters turn up and perhaps some Nos will just stay at home.

Hope it's lashing with rain that day.

I remember opinion polls two months before the 2011 SE had Labour a very healthy 45% lead over the SNP on 30%. Two weeks prior the polling day virtually every poll was neck and neck. Result - Massive landslide to the SNP who where able to form a majority govt. in a parliamentary system specifically designed to prevent any party having a majority.

It's a pity that the vote isn't exclusively online next year as it appears Yes would win comfortably if that was the case.

73% for Yes.

http://www.brandwatch.com/scottishindependencereferendum/

No matter what kind of forum you go onto on any kind of subject be it Football, Fishing, Cars etc, Yes does seem to be in a healthy lead in the vast majortiy of Polls.

Speaking of which Better Together are rapidly slowly approaching the magic 100k likes on their FB page. Only 700 to go. Well done to them when they finally make it. Yes managed it weeks ago and are now over 110k

I suppose it opens up another point. We all know the internet is a massive source of information for the Yes side as every other outlet has their heads rammed up Better Together's backside, so the question is, Is there any indication of what percentage of the people of Scotland are connected to the internet and can access the facts?

Leafleting in the High Street will get over this to a certain degree but if someone listens to the MSM, believes the lies and refuses to engage there is little hope of changing their mind

Had this referendum been 25 years ago the no side would have won it at a canter.

Speaking of which Better Together are rapidly slowly approaching the magic 100k likes on their FB page. Only 700 to go. Well done to them when they finally make it. Yes managed it weeks ago and are now over 110k

I suppose it opens up another point. We all know the internet is a massive source of information for the Yes side as every other outlet has their heads rammed up Better Together's backside, so the question is, Is there any indication of what percentage of the people of Scotland are connected to the internet and can access the facts?

Leafleting in the High Street will get over this to a certain degree but if someone listens to the MSM, believes the lies and refuses to engage there is little hope of changing their mind

Had this referendum been 25 years ago the no side would have won it at a canter.

Yes, facebook likes will make all the difference.

The yes clowns really are fucking imbeciles.

Yes, facebook likes will make all the difference.

The yes clowns really are fucking imbeciles.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Facebook likes being used as any kind of measure of how each campaign is going is just wrong on so many levels. Some of those likes probably aren't even from real people. However, if any side is going to be desperate enough to buy likes or twitter followers it's going to be Better Together. But like I said, they're irrelevant.

He didn't say that.

I think it's called 'an observation'.

I doubt anyone reads wangs or newsnut for any other reason than confirmation of their own prejudices. They are fucking atrocious blogs run by a bunch of semi literate wanks. And in Wangs case, a fucking trumpet on a titanic scale.

I doubt anyone reads wangs or newsnut for any other reason than confirmation of their own prejudices. They are fucking atrocious blogs run by a bunch of semi literate wanks. And in Wangs case, a fucking trumpet on a titanic scale.

Which implies that you must read them

Edited by I'm Brian

Erm, ok.

What's that got to with anything?

Wings is mental, but it's a good read now and then 8)

I hear he's a great admirer of yours too.

I remember opinion polls two months before the 2011 SE had Labour a very healthy 45% lead over the SNP on 30%. Two weeks prior the polling day virtually every poll was neck and neck. Result - Massive landslide to the SNP who where able to form a majority govt. in a parliamentary system specifically designed to prevent any party having a majority.

Lies.

Two weeks prior to polling day, every poll had the SNP in a commanding lead. In fact, every poll (there were 7) after 4th April had the SNP well in front (One actually by 18 percentage points)

IPSOS-MORI was the first to report an SNP lead in the polls. In February 2011, 3 months before the vote.

Lies.

Two weeks prior to polling day, every poll had the SNP in a commanding lead. In fact, every poll (there were 7) after 4th April had the SNP well in front (One actually by 18 percentage points)

IPSOS-MORI was the first to report an SNP lead in the polls. In February 2011, 3 months before the vote.

So in 3 months they went from behind to a landslide victory. Sort of proves his point tbh, in a more accurate kind of way.

Really puts the current polls into context, wouldn't you say?

So in 3 months they went from behind to a landslide victory. Sort of proves his point tbh, in a more accurate kind of way.

Really puts the current polls into context, wouldn't you say?

Not just behind, but a long way behind! Long enough for posters like hb and reynard to predict a big snp defeat. Furthermore as even hb has said, the final result is going to be much, much closer than the current polls. Even he agrees that the current figures are not representative. Makes you wonder why he keeps making such a big deal...