Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

"5/1 is the biggest they've ever been"

Exactly why taking that position is sensible at the moment, a lay later on and it's free money.

Really depends when you lay. If No Scotland have a 15 point lead a month next August you will get bigger than 5's. Back now and lay after the big Tv debates involving Salmond would seen sensible.

"5/1 is the biggest they've ever been"

Exactly why taking that position is sensible at the moment, a lay later on and it's free money. 

Yeah... that makes sense. Its a terrible bet if you let it run but i thinl there s def scope to lay off at shorter later on nearer the time.

Yeah... that makes sense. Its a terrible bet if you let it run but i thinl there s def scope to lay off at shorter later on nearer the time.

I just don't see why it won't close and it will take something dramatic to force it out a lot more, 1 of those bets where the downside is favourable.

That's why I wouldn't touch 1/5 even if I was a NO voter.

Edited by ayrmad

I think No is at a high water mark. The polls have consistently show a healthy double digit lead overall. I expect that to shrink into 2014.

Ill go for a final result of about 54.5/45.5

I think No is at a high water mark. The polls have consistently show a healthy double digit lead overall. I expect that to shrink into 2014.

I wouldn't argue with that, that's why I think there's a decent chance of a YES victory, it depends how the debate goes, like a challenger in boxing, it's the YES campaign that need to take the fight to it's opponents.

Oh dear :(

It's you that looks foolish, will a :rolleyes: re-inforce my point?

Backing Chelsea at 5/1 only has 2 outcomes, they win or they don't.

Edited by ayrmad

I'd never read a thread on independence until now, and to be honest I'm glad I hadn't.

The childishness on here is staggering, it actually influences my thoughts on how I'll vote having now seen how immature some people, who I'd previously thought as being quite sensible, are.

This is about the only thing I agree with.

It's you that looks foolish, will a :rolleyes: re-inforce my point?

Backing Chelsea at 5/1 only has 2 outcomes, they win or they don't.

But odds don't work like that. If you have a price of 5/1 you need to gauge the value of that by what odds are available on all the other runners.

You know that though.

But odds don't work like that. If you have a price of 5/1 you need to gauge the value of that by what odds are available on all the other runners.

You know that though.

All there probabilities will add up to ~83.3% as will the No camps probability.

Next you'll be telling me they'll definitely finish above Southampton so they've more chance.

I thought some member of the nat clown collective would have had the latest poll up this morning. Taken in the aftermath of the WP670 it shows support for independence sitting at 27% :lol:

All to play for!!!

The doorstep is telling me so and I consult it every night before going to bed.

I think something similar too.

I hope to god I'm wrong, but I think it might be something something like 58-42 for a no vote.

I hope to god I'm wrong, but I think it might be something something like 58-42 for a no vote.

Id be amazed if it was that close.

I think if you offered the SNP that just now they would bite your hand off.

Not a chance will it be that far apart. Even ifvthe referendum was tomorrow, it would be much closer than that. Why so negative?

It will be somewhere in the 35 - 65 plus or minus a few percent either way. Its been fairly obvious right from the start that the yes camp were flogging a dead horse. An easy one to predict and once again I'll be proven to be correct. :)

Id be amazed if it was that close.

I think if you offered the SNP that just now they would bite your hand off.

Yeah. Right. Even you don't believe that. I'm surprised you haven't switched yet and claimed that you have always supported yes.