Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

nations and countries don't have to have a parliament to exist, at least

Thanks for the explanation

Explain to me how Aberdeen or Glasgow could be construed as nations and are therefore comparible to Scotland or the scores of countries that have gained independence in recent decades.

Go on, actually do it. Tell me when Glasgow was a country?

5/1 is fantastic odds for independence! I started off favouring a NO vote but am completely undecided now and there are many in the same boat. By the time it comes to vote a lot of NO voters will have changed their minds to YES while not many YES voters will change their minds. Pile on

Explain to me how Aberdeen or Glasgow could be construed as nations and are therefore comparible to Scotland or the scores of countries that have gained independence in recent decades. Go on, actually do it. Tell me when Glasgow was a country?

People can construe any bit of land they want as a nation, wikipedia's definition of a nation is where people sharea ' common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history.' - you could apply that to Glasgow. A nation isn't a legal term, a state is. Nations have all different sorts of status in the world, some are devolved, some have their own independence, some have none of these things and exist within a larger state. Scotland is just a nation that has, admittedly, got some of the apparatus of a state but isn't one (yet)

People can construe any bit of land they want as a nation, wikipedia's definition of a nation is where people sharea ' common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history.' - you could apply that to Glasgow. A nation isn't a legal term, a state is. Nations have all different sorts of status in the world, some are devolved, some have their own independence, some have none of these things and exist within a larger state. Scotland is just a nation that has, admittedly, got some of the apparatus of a state but isn't one (yet)

Taking away the history, would Ibrox Stadium be a nation, they have all the other attributes, is this what they mean by WATP?

It really must cut deep saying no to your countries political independence. :(

I may be wrong but I think you're suggesting that everyone should vote 'Yes' as a matter of principle ?

People who vote 'No' will be voting for what they believe is right for Scotland - it won't make them any less Scottish and it certainly won't make them anti-Scottish !

Voting against what you believe to be right would 'cut deep'.

Explain to me how Aberdeen or Glasgow could be construed as nations and are therefore comparible to Scotland or the scores of countries that have gained independence in recent decades. Go on, actually do it. Tell me when Glasgow was a country?

Where is the international law which states that a territory can only have a right to self-determination if it's previously been defined as a "nation" beforehand?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Aberdeen should have a referendum on independence and I roll my eyes every time someone up here suggests that. It's usually a front for Weegie bashing more than a genuine sentiment, but there's no fundamental principle at stake here. Most of the internationally recognised states in the Caribbean and the Pacific never met the definition of a nation when they became states. They're states because of political expediency, not because of some democratic principle.

Fair comparison as long as there is also a 1/5 fav for the premiership somewhere.

Please remove yourself from P&B Forums (apart from your own gutter)...I watched your ...True Bloo..whatever morons on video and was truly disgusted that fellow Scots could not only espouse vitriolic bile ...yet illustrate total ignorance of their national history (I have evidence of this back when I took a pal of mine round The Culloden Field...he had been of the opinion that Cherlie did a runner...well..he was right in that respect...he conveniently forgets all the murders on the field...and thereafter were..admittedly wearing red-coats (no he probly disnae). ..ach nae point...I'll probly bayonet my laptop.

Nope. Do you think I am. Do you not understand what I mean ?

I understand exactly what you mean,that's why I posed my question, do you think 1 in 6 chance A is more/less likely than 1 in 6 chance B?

5/1 is fantastic odds for independence! I started off favouring a NO vote but am completely undecided now and there are many in the same boat. By the time it comes to vote a lot of NO voters will have changed their minds to YES while not many YES voters will change their minds. Pile on

Vote "No" in every single poll you get the chance to, bung some money on a "yes" vote, then vote "yes" on the day.

9/2 Willy Hill

the-rock-bring-it-o.gif

Deary me, you've made a right c**t of yourself here.

Do you understand what the phrase 'best odds' means? It means the best odds available on the market. There was other bookies looking to rip people off by offering 9/2 last week aswell, but i never listed them because they weren't the best odds on the market. If you want to list the worst odds you can do worse than 9/2, betway will give you an overly tight 4/1. On the other hand the worst odds on a no vote are an eye watering 1/9 on with bet victor, but again i never listed them because they aren't the best odds on the market.

Here's the updated best odds on the market for your benefit pal.

Yes vote - 5/1 ( bet victor, coral )

No vote - 1/5 ( betfair )

To sum it up, after all the debates and bluster over the last week, the odds haven't changed at all. Just like public opinion then.

How much has Lex bet on a note vote?

Don't gamble mate.

Fair comparison as long as there is also a 1/5 fav for the premiership somewhere.

No that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Can anyone see the difference between a 2 horse race and a 20 horse race? Which would you rather bet on? This is a 2 possible out come event, not a 20 possible outcome event. The only comparable football bet is a one off league cup tie. Not on the odds of the match, but on the odds of qualifying for the next round.

Deary me, you've made a right c**t of yourself here.

Do you understand what the phrase 'best odds' means? It means the best odds available on the market. There was other bookies looking to rip people off by offering 9/2 last week aswell, but i never listed them because they weren't the best odds on the market. If you want to list the worst odds you can do worse than 9/2, betway will give you an overly tight 4/1. On the other hand the worst odds on a no vote are an eye watering 1/9 on with bet victor, but again i never listed them because they aren't the best odds on the market.

Here's the updated best odds on the market for your benefit pal.

Yes vote - 5/1 ( bet victor, coral )

No vote - 1/5 ( betfair )

To sum it up, after all the debates and bluster over the last week, the odds haven't changed at all. Just like public opinion then.

Don't gamble mate.

No that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Can anyone see the difference between a 2 horse race and a 20 horse race? Which would you rather bet on? This is a 2 possible out come event, not a 20 possible outcome event. The only comparable football bet is a one off league cup tie. Not on the odds of the match, but on the odds of qualifying for the next round.

Your best odds in the OP had WH offering 5/1. They're now 9/2.

Awkies.