Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

I agree, a lot of younger people who were ardent in 2014 or more specifically, the aftermath of 2014 are turned off by the whole thing. You only need to look at AUOB marches to see the drop off in interest.

I don't think the drop off of AUOB numbers is anything other than people waking up to AUOB

35 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't think the drop off of AUOB numbers is anything other than people waking up to AUOB

I disagree, the people I know who were regulars haven’t recognised AUOB, they are just turned off by the whole thing, it’s sad. But true. These people aren’t politically active or even aware, they just got caught up in the post 2014 avalanche. To win in 2023, these people need to be re-engaged & think they are part of a movement. It’s not the politically aware that will push us over the line, it’s the people who need to be motivated & think they are on the winning side. 

5 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

I disagree, the people I know who were regulars haven’t recognised AUOB, they are just turned off by the whole thing, it’s sad. But true. These people aren’t politically active or even aware, they just got caught up in the post 2014 avalanche. To win in 2023, these people need to be re-engaged & think they are part of a movement. It’s not the politically aware that will push us over the line, it’s the people who need to be motivated & think they are on the winning side. 

Ye. I think we should leave it a few more years. Denying the youngsters who will vote for it seems a tad selfish, when we lose again. Which is a nailed on certainty right now., Unfortunately.

8 hours ago, GTee said:

Ye. I think we should leave it a few more years. Denying the youngsters who will vote for it seems a tad selfish, when we lose again. Which is a nailed on certainty right now., Unfortunately.

Polls reckon it's a dead heat, currently.

13 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

It's the white collar, middle class who need to be persuaded to give Yes the necessary voters coalition. I think that's the tipping point.

13 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Folk turned there back on AUOB as the leaders were dipping into the pot and they jumped on the anti Sturgeon Alba band wagon backing Salmond and Wings even though they were supposedly an all encompassing YES grassroots movement.

24 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If people think a change to Labour will magically change the road the UK is currently on they're in for a shock.

Said it before and will say it again, there is only one change in the law that will stop the repeat of the last 10 years and it’s not one that the Labour Party is committed to.  That change is ditching FPTP for PR.  It would mean the end of extreme governments being elected with huge majorities on 40 something percent of the vote.

That would create a more consensus type of government that could may be try to fix things and allow longer-term planning without worrying about a complete change at the end of a five year election cycle.

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Said it before and will say it again, there is only one change in the law that will stop the repeat of the last 10 years and it’s not one that the Labour Party is committed to.  That change is ditching FPTP for PR.  It would mean the end of extreme governments being elected with huge majorities on 40 something percent of the vote.

That would create a more consensus type of government that could may be try to fix things and allow longer-term planning without worrying about a complete change at the end of a five year election cycle.

I agree. However PR doesn't always guarantee this. New Zealand's last election saw a massive victory for Labour. Removing the requirement for a coalition with the Greens and New Zealand First.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I agree. However PR doesn't always guarantee this. New Zealand's last election saw a massive victory for Labour. Removing the requirement for a coalition with the Greens and New Zealand First.

They effectively got 50% of the vote.  Any party who gets this deserves to form a government on their own.

3 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Looks like the troll was dumped after one post!  emoji38.png

What was the post?

Some supposed poll for the next GE showing the SNP with 28 seats.