If Scotland Votes Naw.

Burma

The SNP have stated previously that Scotland would inherit the UK's current opt outs and rebate on becoming an EU member in its own right using the "continuity of effect" principle.

This is of course utter lies (Scotland will require to negotiate from the vanilla position all new members have as a matter of course) and they have been exposed as blatant liars.

Sorry I meant the white paper specifically.

I thought it just said that the process could begin within the EU since there would be an 18 month period within the UK. Did it mention the opt outs and rebate?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reynard is now simply posting links and saying not very much at all. This is As We Rise Again levels of fail.

He's got nothing to say except lies. Its all worthless. It needs to be recognised, and he needs to be kept in his box.

Notice that this is a "if Scotland votes naw" thread, and yet all the Unionists can talk about is what will happen if Scotland votes yes? What EU guarantees can the CDU give us if we vote No? Will we definitely 100% be remaining in the EU after 2018?

I'm new. Have you really been keeping this going since June?

Yep. You see, he brought this nonsense up more than once before June, and each time, he was schooled in the facts. Every single time, he ran away, and then a number of weeks/months later, brought exactly the same point up like nobody had ever proven him wrong. He does it for all subjects. He even claims (like HB does) that he owned all comers the last time, when he isn't denying all knowledge. Therefore, its time he starts backing his claims up before he is allowed to join in with the grown ups.

For those who don't remember - Nicola Sturgeon, in the Scottish Parliament in 2007 :-

"It is the clear view of the Scottish National Party and the Government that Scotland would automatically be a member of the European Union upon independence. There is legal opinion to back that up and I do not think that the legal position is in any doubt."

Mmmmm...

Nicola Sturgeon - House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee 2013 :-

Q246Mr Roy: Would you be prepared to stand up in the Scottish Parliament tomorrow and say exactly what I have just read out, that it would be an automatic member of the European Union? Deputy First Minister, I am surprised you do not wish to accept that is absolutely not the case and, quite frankly, none of my constituents in Motherwell and Wishaw would believe a stance that thinks Scotland would automatically, without negotiation, become a member of the European Union. Surely, the First Minister has changed his mind as well.

Nicola Sturgeon: I set out very clearly the position of the Scottish Government in the statement I made to the Scottish Parliament on, I think, 12 December-I can’t remember the exact date-where I set out the position as being if Scotland votes yes at the end of next year in the independence referendum there will be a period between then and Scotland becoming independent in 2016, in time for the next Scottish elections, where we will be negotiating our independence with the UK Government. As I have said, in parallel to that, there will be a process of negotiation with the European Union around the terms of our continuing membership of the European Union.

Oh dear....

For those who don't remember - Nicola Sturgeon, in the Scottish Parliament in 2007 :-

"It is the clear view of the Scottish National Party and the Government that Scotland would automatically be a member of the European Union upon independence. There is legal opinion to back that up and I do not think that the legal position is in any doubt."

Mmmmm...

Q246Mr Roy: Would you be prepared to stand up in the Scottish Parliament tomorrow and say exactly what I have just read out, that it would be an automatic member of the European Union? Deputy First Minister, I am surprised you do not wish to accept that is absolutely not the case and, quite frankly, none of my constituents in Motherwell and Wishaw would believe a stance that thinks Scotland would automatically, without negotiation, become a member of the European Union. Surely, the First Minister has changed his mind as well.

Nicola Sturgeon: I set out very clearly the position of the Scottish Government in the statement I made to the Scottish Parliament on, I think, 12 December-I can’t remember the exact date-where I set out the position as being if Scotland votes yes at the end of next year in the independence referendum there will be a period between then and Scotland becoming independent in 2016, in time for the next Scottish elections, where we will be negotiating our independence with the UK Government. As I have said, in parallel to that, there will be a process of negotiation with the European Union around the terms of our continuing membership of the European Union.

Oh dear....

^^

Scrambling for relevance.

Mmmmm...

Oh dear....

8)

Meanwhile, the reassurances that Scotland will remain in the EU if we vote No? Incidentally, is it not telling that HB has taken a break from his usual racism and fantasies to go all the way back to 2007. Desperate times! :D

This thread is about if Scotland votes No. Is there any confirmation that we will definitely remain in the EU if we do?

Mmmmm...

Oh dear....

And this has what to do with the thread.

Btw, she's right, there is legal opinion to back it up.

One thing is for sure, I would not want to own shares in a kilt business come a No vote.

All the frilly shirts, bonnie prince charlie jackets and stupid ballerina lace up shoes with be accumulating serious dust.

Suddenly all that ostentatious national dress will seem pathetic, sickening even.

And this has what to do with the thread.

Btw, she's right, there is legal opinion to back it up.

Are you one of her inner circle of morons that has been allowed to see it? She certainly isnt letting anyone else know.

Mainly because as you well know, the SNP have fucked themselves right up here.

Are you one of her inner circle of morons that has been allowed to see it? She certainly isnt letting anyone else know.

Mainly because as you well know, the SNP have fucked themselves right up here.

Desperate stuff. How about those pension figures?

Archived