If Scotland Votes Naw.

Burma

Don't address me, please. Or more accurately address me if you want but don't expect a response.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Struggling, can't accept his error.

And promising he won't make a response by, erm, making a response.

Stay sober boys and girls.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, just as Eck can't accurately tell you what a post yes vote Scotland will look like.

Have you noticed though, that more and more, people seem to be picking up on the fact that the Unionists are DEMANDING certainty, but refusing to provide any of their own. The cracks are growing...

If an non independent Scotland will be so shit the don't let the door hit your @rse when you leave......................

Wait sorry. I should just leave my home because I'm unhappy with certain things?

Going with that logic I'll have to assume you believe we live in a perfect nation with no faults?

Wait sorry. I should just leave my home because I'm unhappy with certain things?

Going with that logic I'll have to assume you believe we live in a perfect nation with no faults?

Interesting you chose to pick up this quote but were strangely silent on Jamaldo s disgraceful post earlier on the thread.

Embarrassing.

Michael Moore is/was a quisling who actively worked against the interests of the country he purported to serve. I'm glad you regard this as an insult, because as well as being perfectly descriptive of what actually happened, someone should be ashamed to be accused of that.

The idea that someone should play nice with a politician who betrayed his people is a luxury that yes voters do not enjoy. Meanwhile tone trolls such as yourself will be taken seriously when you address the substantive issues of the campaign and not before.

Basically if you're more offended than the word quisling than by Moore's conduct you can f**k off and all.

Way to prove that the debate hasn't all gone a bit nasty... calling me a troll who can fvck off.

:lol:

I maintain that calling folk you disagree with Quislings and Traitors goes too far and I don't like it.

I stick to my view (which you have only reinforced) that Scoland will be a more divided country after a No vote, precisely because both sides have demonised the other side.

The thread was about what Scotland will be like after a no vote, wasn't it?

I maintain that calling folk you disagree with Quislings and Traitors goes too far and I don't like it.

If they are demonstrably traitors and quislings though, then is the term not apt? Michael Moore is one of the worst. The Scottish Secretary who discouraged global investment in Scotland.

Way to prove that the debate hasn't all gone a bit nasty... calling me a troll who can fvck off.

:lol:

I stick to my view (which you have only reinforced) that Scoland will be a more divided country after a No vote, precisely because both sides have demonised the other side. 

The thread was about what Scotland will be like after a no vote, wasn't it?

I think we're just repeating ourselves here. If you think Moore's being called a quisling is more pernicious than his conduct we really have nothing else to say to each other because I have no time for tone trolls.

If they are demonstrably traitors and quislings though, then is the term not apt? Michael Moore is one of the worst. The Scottish Secretary who discouraged global investment in Scotland.

If Moore did this intentionally and maliciously, he should be brought to account. Tried in court, even. I admit that I am not aware of the details of what he is alleged to have done (or conversely, what he would say to defend himself on this issue).

I'm bound to ask - if Moore genuinely is as much of a "Quisling" as he has been called in here, why has a prominent political figure from the Scottish Government not named him as such and why have I only ever seen that word used about him in here?

My point was wider than Moore, though. The threads about Independence appear to me to routinely decend into insults about the "other side" and I just don't think that people in Scotland can throw shit at each other throughout the campaign and we'll all be the best of friends afterwards.

If that makes me a "troll" in Swampy's eyes, so be it. I feel distaste and I wanted to express that in a thread about what Scotland will be like after the vote.

If Moore did this intentionally and maliciously, he should be brought to account. Tried in court, even. I admit that I am not aware of the details of what he is alleged to have done (or conversely, what he would say to defend himself on this issue).

I'm bound to ask - if Moore genuinely is as much of a "Quisling" as he has been called in here, why has a prominent political figure from the Scottish Government not named him as such and why have I only ever seen that word used about him in here?

My point was wider than Moore, though. The threads about Independence appear to me to routinely decend into insults about the "other side" and I just don't think that people in Scotland can throw shit at each other throughout the campaign and we'll all be the best of friends afterwards.

If that makes me a "troll" in Swampy's eyes, so be it. I feel distaste and I wanted to express that in a thread about what Scotland will be like after the vote.

Moore told a group of potential investors in America to stay away from Scotland because of all the uncertainty associated with the independence campaign. Can't find the link now, but it's somewhere in the main thread.

One of his many betrayals, that - but enough to get started with.

Still, calling him a nasty name's much worse, so everyone should vote No.

That's the one that sticks in my head because it was so unbelievably blatant. Funny how despite his warnings the year saw record inward investment in Scotland.

If we vote naw Westminster will privatise the NHS in a year or less,and rip it up and sell it of like they have done with there own.My Mother was kept alive bye them,having her first heart attack at 37.She had heart problems all her days was in and out the hospital a lot,and had a stroke to that she got over.We would never have managed as a family without there help.She later died in a hospice without government aid.If it was not for the work of the NHS we would have lost her a lot sooner.So I will be voting YES to protect the NHS

Osbourne has already hinted at more cuts, and I think if the Tories are returned at Westminster the the Barnett formula will be under more pressure. The Unionist parties so far have not given any indication of more Devo. Indeed Mr Darling has said "wait for the party manifesto,s".

Labour will though by then have to come up with a policy or two for a post Referendum Holyrood election. They will demand Salmonds resignation. But he will lead the SNP to another election win.

If Labour win at Westminster , then it will be interesting how they treat Scotland, especially if there is an SNP administration.

All in the future mind.

Labour,Tory and Lib have all strongly hinted that Barnett has to go once things are "stable". From their point, why should 8.4% of UK population get 9.3% of tax spend; from ours because we contribute 9.9% so are in effect losing out.

Cameron, Boris, Carmichael, Margaret Curran and Carfyn Jones (Lab leader in Wales) have all alluded or said this already as has the leader of council bodies in England, whose name I can,t recall.

So if we stay in the union Barnett goes and our funding drops by up to 28%.

See the attached for who said what and an analysis of it.

www.wings over Scotland.com/joining-the-dots/#comments

Very very important to get this message out there, people think NO equals status quo, it does not it equates to being totally fucked.

Labour,Tory and Lib have all strongly hinted that Barnett has to go once things are "stable". From their point, why should 8.4% of UK population get 9.3% of tax spend; from ours because we contribute 9.9% so are in effect losing out.

Cameron, Boris, Carmichael, Margaret Curran and Carfyn Jones (Lab leader in Wales) have all alluded or said this already as has the leader of council bodies in England, whose name I can,t recall.

So if we stay in the union Barnett goes and our funding drops by up to 28%.

See the attached for who said what and an analysis of it.

www.wings over Scotland.com/joining-the-dots/#comments

Very very important to get this message out there, people think NO equals status quo, it does not it equates to being totally fucked.

Say the position of Devo-Plus (The Reform Scotland view) is adopted. Scotland gains all tax levers bar VAT, NI and Corporation Tax a few others. Should Barnett stay in place?

Say the position of Devo-Plus (The Reform Scotland view) is adopted. Scotland gains all tax levers bar VAT, NI and Corporation Tax a few others. Should Barnett stay in place?

Pointless starting point though as the Unionist Parties were desperate to get Devo Max off the table ASAP. In fact even now they absolutely refuse to engage in anything like a discussion that might hint at a change in Scotlands current devolutionary arrangement

Archived