Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tom Greatrex, Labour's shadow energy minister at Westminster, said Toke was now ignoring his previous report's evidence that Scotland's renewables investment was heavily dependent on UK subsidy.

Scottish power firms get a third of overall UK support for renewables despite having 8.5% of the UK population, so after independence electricity bills would soar or investment would need to be cut.
"This confusion seems to run right through the report. It is highly misleading, cherry-picking statistics and twisting the facts to produce an image of a separate Scotland that is far from realistic," Greatrex said.

What Scottish power firms? As one is Spanish owned & the other merged with an English distribution Company back in 1998.

This is akin to them claiming that Scottish banks are actually Scottish!

Just finished my stall. In the past, folk generally walked past if they were busy etc, today it seemed that folk were almost going out if their way to come and question us, get info etc.

You can't quite put your finger on it, but there's a change in the wind....

Scottish people don't like being told we're stupid/incapable, there's only 1 side that create an avalanche and it never says NO.

Most interesting stat from IPOS only 3% of LD voters will vote Yes. I believe that's Ad Lib and well about another 2.

Note the trend in Labour voters on that graph. Alongside the idea that the less afluent areas are liable to vote yes, are we seeing a small amount of momentum in the Labour heartlands towards yes?

I notice that Scotland Tonight have reported that those from deprived areas are the most likely to vote 'Yes' !

I'd say that clarifies why there's a big 'Yes' vote on here ya tinky b'stards :ass

I'm anything but poor and come from/live in one of the wealthiest cities in the UK. 8)

And I'm voting yes. 8)

I'm getting shite returns in the stone bungalow areas and reasonable to jaw dropping in the schemes. I'm arguing, well telling folk to stop wasting time on chasing non existent votes and shore up where we are doing well.

Undecided us still outstripping both, but it's changing slightly to 'we'd like to vote yes, but...'.

Eliminate the 'but' and most folk are happy to say yes.

And I've always said this will be a class war.

I'm getting shite returns in the stone bungalow areas and reasonable to jaw dropping in the schemes. I'm arguing, well telling folk to stop wasting time on chasing non existent votes and shore up where we are doing well.

Undecided us still outstripping both, but it's changing slightly to 'we'd like to vote yes, but...'.

I'm sure you agree the IPOS-mori 10% are undecided is absolutely BS then?

There is without doubt a majority of people who would vote yes, some just have to find it within themselves to actually realise this.

That weighting in the tables does look weird, and seems to have more Labour than SNP voters, while aloting the Tories a larger share of the vote than might otherwise make sense.

http://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Scotland/ipsos-mori-scotland-monitor-tables-december-2013.pdf

I'm not really making a comment about the veracity or 'fairness' of the polling, I'm just sad enough to find the methodology interesting.