Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That wouldn't be another fanny pretending to be English, only to make an account and comment complete and utter nonsense on Scottish independence threads, would it? :o

It couldn't possibly be As We Rise Again/British Bigot either, surely? :o

Charming, i'm definitely English.

What does your nationality have to do with the debate about Scottish Independence?

To be fair someone brought it up.

As for this thread though I have to admit I seriously thought that by now I would of heard some better stuff from BT, the amount of shite and scare stories they spout and how they do absolutely nothing but say negative things about the YES campaign is becoming ridiculous! :yucky

Don't know what im more shocked at, the actual advert or the fact there is actually a company who employs people to help other people cheat and have affairs, what a bunch of c***s!

Does anyone think there's the possibility of the Income Tax and NI system being overhauled in favour of a less complicated and fairer system for all post independence?

I think the Employers contribution needs a radical overhaul to stop the march towards a part-time workforce.

I'd also like to see 1 tax threshold set around a figure regarded as what's fair to receive for a decent days work.

Edited by ayrmad

Does anyone think there's the possibility of the Income Tax and NI system being overhauled in favour of a less complicated and fairer system for all post independence?

I think the Employers contribution needs a radical overhaul to stop the march towards a part-time workforce.

I'd also like to see 1 tax threshold set around a figure regarded as what's fair to receive for a decent days work.

If the government can keep the baleful and corrupt influence of the big accountancy firms away then I think we could come up with a simplified tax regime fairly easily.

If the government can keep the baleful and corrupt influence of the big accountancy firms away then I think we could come up with a simplified tax regime fairly easily.

You just need to set a fixed starting point £14/£15k and then use a log function, it's quite interesting that the current tax and NI take lumped together follows a log curve quite well except between £100k and £150k.

Edited by ayrmad

Don't know what im more shocked at, the actual advert or the fact there is actually a company who employs people to help other people cheat and have affairs, what a bunch of c***s!

Too be fair they've spotted the gap in the market and make their money off it, fair play to them. It's just their, em, "customers" that are morally reprehensible.

Too be fair they've spotted the gap in the market and make their money off it, fair play to them. It's just their, em, "customers" that are morally reprehensible.

Aye true that, hate that, same with people who get paid to defend people in court over horrible crimes even though they truthfully deep down know the persons guilty <_<

I'll be voting YES without any hesitation, too long has this country been ruled by people who don't give a shit about it, who don't live in it and couldn't care less about it other than the revenue it can generate for the treasury.

It's time for Scotland to prosper and grow, not be stripped of all it's resources, raped and pillaged and always the first to have cuts imposed on it under the tyrannical english tories.

More of project fear's scare stories of a desolate and downtrodden Scotland dispelled. http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/05/scottish-independence-boosted-cost-green-energy-reforms-ageing

Haud the fucking bus.

Tom Greatrex, Labour's shadow energy minister at Westminster, said Toke was now ignoring his previous report's evidence that Scotland's renewables investment was heavily dependent on UK subsidy.

Scottish power firms get a third of overall UK support for renewables despite having 8.5% of the UK population, so after independence electricity bills would soar or investment would need to be cut.

Another quisling unionist. He is using an utter nonsense Reynard-esque comparison here.

I have mentioned this before but here goes again: Scotland's population is irrelevant when it comes to how much renewables investment we get. According to Greatrex, we get about a third of the overall UK support for renewables and, rather fittingly, Scotland just so happens to have about a third of the United Kingdom's total land area. We also have about two thirds of its coastline.

This is a complete busted flush just like all the other Bitter Together myths. Scotland is in no way, shape or form subsidised by the UK treasury.

"This confusion seems to run right through the report. It is highly misleading, cherry-picking statistics and twisting the facts to produce an image of a separate Scotland that is far from realistic," Greatrex said.

He also actually has the gall to say this after deliberately "misleading by cherry-picking statistics and twisting the facts". What a fucking odious c**tflap.

Oh and "separate" Scotland... romanovpalm.png

That wouldn't be another fanny pretending to be English, only to make an account and comment complete and utter nonsense on Scottish independence threads, would it? :o

It couldn't possibly be As We Rise Again/British Bigot either, surely? :o

Charming, i'm definitely English.

and definitely a fanny I presume.

Pro-union campaign for Scotland causes Obama and other leaders to rethink their nation’s status

http://180degreesnews.com/2013/12/02/pro-union-campaign-for-scotland-causing-world-leaders-to-question-if-they-were-better-together/

Funny as hell, I love the Obamas comment on Alistairs Darlings 'Can't do' attitude. :thumsup2