Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

....as am I

According to the poll:

307 respondents are voting Labour

294 SNP

136 Conservative

77 Lib dem

66 other

----

34% Labour

33% SNP

15% Tories

9% Diddies

7% others

Given that these figures are way out from what is collected in the real world I don't believe the poll.

There was more when you drilled down into their figures.

There was more when you drilled down into their figures.

I know, I just don't believe they interviewed a true cross-section of people. I believe the SNP to have at least a 15% lead over Liebore and they certainly aint behind.

Factor in a 8% swing to the SNP (to correct the figures ) and the results would be similar to panelbase.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we can get some actual debate about Scottish independence in this thread, rather than boring law chat from losers like Ad Lib and H_B?

We've got to work better as a forum. We have a legal thread and a polling thread, so when they start of with their pish, just tell them to post on the correct threads. I admit its hard, given that they are such good point and laugh material, but we all have to do better to control ourselves!

I posted part of this on the "Welsh views" thread and thought it was well worth posting here as well.

Polls like the one below consistently show that the people of Scotland would rather the Scottish Government were in charge of the following matters instead of the UK c**ts.

September 2013 - YouGov/Times

Immigration

Should be run by the Scottish government: 46%
Should be run by the UK government: 45%
Not sure: 9%
Scottish Government lead: +1%

Welfare and benefits

Should be run by the Scottish government: 56%
Should be run by the UK government: 36%
Not sure: 8%
Scottish Government lead: +20%

Pensions

Should be run by the Scottish government: 51%
Should be run by the UK government: 41%
Scottish Government lead: +10%

Taxation

Should be run by the Scottish government: 53%
Should be run by the UK government: 39%
Not sure: 9%
Scottish Government lead: +14%

Drugs policies

Should be run by the Scottish government: 59%
Should be run by the UK government: 33%
Scottish Government lead: +26%

Is it simply the case that the word "independence" is utterly toxic and people just don't seem to realise that deep down it is actually what they want?

Not the most scientific of quizzes, but a fun 60 seconds. Will tell you what way you should be voting next year.

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=NjExNTI5

post-39650-0-42207800-1387623109_thumb.j

As you say, not the most scientific, but a nice indicator all the same. Would be good to see how many people have taken part though.

Edited by vip3r

We've got to work better as a forum.  We have a legal thread and a polling thread, so when they start of with their pish, just tell them to post on the correct threads.  I admit its hard, given that they are such good point and laugh material, but we all have to do better to control ourselves!

Eh... you brought polls into the independence thread.

Labour for indy Christmas message.
Dear friends and comrades,

As 2013 draws to a close and the magical number of 2014 emerges, the political season and even the independence campaign draws to a short break. It would be remiss of me not to reflect on 2013 and how Labour for Independence has progressed throughout the year.

In this past year we have continued to spread our message, supporting what independence can bring to Scotland to our wide Labour movement. Let me begin with an admission, that since our headline making policy conference and subsequent fall out, we have been rather invisible in the press. This is of course disappointing as we wish to send our message out the length and breadth of Scotland. We will endeavour in the New Year to correct this, making the wider Labour movement more aware of our campaign.

In spite of the media our message has reached further throughout the year through our efforts in grass roots campaigning. My colleagues and myself have spoken at events throughout the country, in addition to this we have produced and delivered over 300,000 leaflets. Our aim is to at least double this figure by September 18th next year.

This year also saw the departure of our Deputy Leader Steven Syme, due to living in England he felt he could no longer do the role justice. Such a selfless decision epitomises Steven's attitude that the campaign is bigger than personal position. Since this time Steve has continued to help out as much as he can, particularly in the digital media front. We were delighted that Debbie Waters was elected by our members to the position of Deputy. She has already shown great drive and commitment to the cause. Also having the leadership balanced on both the East and West Coast of the Central Belt will allow us to enhance our position in the whole area.

Throughout the year we have continued to build our relationships with other members of the Yes campaign, in particular the SSP and the Common Weal group. We will continue to build these relationships as well as develop new ones within the trade unions and the wider Labour movement. In addition to this we continue to debate the issues in our personal CLPs, with an open offer to debate at any Labour Party meetings or events.

While we consider 2013 to have been a success for our organisation, we realise that we still have a great deal more to do. In early January we plan to make two big announcements that will bring our message to the forefront of the referendum campaign. We will continue to promote the values of real Labour and how the can be achieved in an independent Scotland. We will continue to promote the benefits independence can bring to everyone in Scotland not just those that can afford it.

Of course this can only happen through your support. As a publicly funded organisation we rely on the kind donations of our supporters. We hope you will consider supporting our organisation to increase our ability for success in 2014.

In the meantime I'd like to wish all of our members, supporters, and friends, a very enjoyable festive period and look forward to a prosperous New Year.

Allan Grogan
Leader, Labour for Independence.

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching and reading a lot of the pro yes information to try and have a balanced view on the question. I will admit I'm more open to a yes vote than I was 3 months ago, not 100% convinced, but we still have plenty of time.

6 months ago I was a no vote. 6 months later and some research under my belt and I'm now a certain yes vote. Nothing will change my mind. Give it a few months .... After hearing the square of nothing from the no side you will be a certain yes too :)

Been watching and reading a lot of the pro yes information to try and have a balanced view on the question. I will admit I'm more open to a yes vote than I was 3 months ago, not 100% convinced, but we still have plenty of time.

Have a read at that Derek Bateman article and also the Wings Over Scotland Join the Dots article. Might help push you along. :thumsup2

Fair play to you for actually seeking out the information in order to make an informed decision. A few No voters simply won't bother because they don't want to be convinced. Whether that's down to an anti-SNP agenda, or a "we're not capable of being independent" mindset, only they know.

Fair play to you for actually seeking out the information in order to make an informed decision. A few No voters simply won't bother because they don't want to be convinced. Whether that's down to an anti-SNP agenda, or a "we're not capable of being independent" mindset, only they know.

In fairness, I'm in a similar boat but this is something I've found recently. Last night I was talking with a mate about what would happen if we became independent in terms of currency. A lot of people do seem to operate on the misinformation over misinformation, in this instance he was under the belief that we'd look to join the Euro and leave the pound. This despite enquiries being made (indeed, being raised on the front page of national newspapers) regarding the Yes campaign and discussions with the bank of England over currency.

• 4 weeks later...