Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Completely undecided. I will probably make a panic decision at the polling station and regret it for the rest of the day.

I hope a few in your situation go for yes, it can't be easy to vote against your own country's Independence.

I'm voting Yes, and I could list hundreds of serious reasons why, but if we do get independence from London rule, one of the things I'm most looking forward to initially is sitting back with a few days of work, a stack of beers, maybe some cigars, and watching the shit storm and seethe coming from down south.

It'll be like watching Linekar and Ian Wright greeting after England go out of the World Cup in glorious, agonising fashion but times a billion.

Also, being of an age where statistically I'm potentially at least half way through my life, I'd really like to see some meaningful change in the country. I've never bought the too wee , too poor crap.

Even long after independence they will still not understand why we left, the type of people who come back from India and tell everybody that all the people told us things were better run under the British.

They're in the top 5/6 nations in the world right now

Without Scotland, they'd be reduced to above average at best.

lol wut

Explain to me how England, Wales and Norn Ireland are "in the top 5/6 nations in the world right now".

Be very specific in your answer.

The UK is more militarily and economically powerful than Japan and at worst on an equal footing with France. Germany is more economically powerful than us, but militarily definitely not.

Mentioning the UK as "us" I see.

I'm voting no. I'd like to see more powers devolved to the Scottish parliament, but for Scotland to still have representation in the United Kingdom.

^^^ Living on the Lib Dems busted flush fantasy island.

It's a yes from me.

This is the most exciting political choice we will ever make in Scotland. It's a chance to create a country from first principles. We've got so much potential and so much ability. It won't be easy, and it won't happen overnight, but we've got the chance to radically remake Scotland here.

People talk about it 'being a disaster' or 'we couldn't afford it'. I disagree. I call a country where 20% of children grow up in poverty a disaster. I call a country that spends billions on nuclear weapons while people use foodbanks a disaster. Literally all the politicians agree that Scotland is financially capable of becoming independent. If that's the case, then it's simply a question of priorities, and how you organise your spending.

People can have differing opinions on Salmond, and that's fine, because the vote isn't about him, but he made a quote that sums up how I feel about independence.

'Bairns, not bombs.'

That is a very good post and has swayed me to vote Yes. Not kidding, man. For a politics simpleton such as myself this was nice to read. It will be hard at first to change. But I think we can do it. And I think if we were all to say no it would be a portrayal of the typical negative attitude from Scottish people. People do say Scots are a negative bunch. I think it's just time to be positive and say yes. If we don't try it we'll never find out.

Edited by jamamafegan4

Tbh this website had a lot of influence on my vote as i was undecided at first. Where Yes voters would post facts and links to websites No voters repeated the same old shite "Fatboy Salmond" and "SNP :lol: fucking gnats are going to lose". Also i wrote an essay in English and a boy asked whether i was for or against. After my answer he was surprised but the best he could muster up for the Union was we'll be better off. I have asked a lot of my unionist mates for their reasons but no luck yet. :thumbsdown

This poll compared to the last:

Yes (75 votes [75.76%] - View)

No (14 votes [14.14%] - View)

Undecided (10 votes [10.10%] - View)

Old poll

Yes (648 votes [66.12%])

No (263 votes [26.84%])

Undecided (69 votes [7.04%])

We've made quite a difference on here with the yes vote rising and no decreasing. Pleasing.

Edited by LinkinFighter

It's a yes from me.

This is the most exciting political choice we will ever make in Scotland. It's a chance to create a country from first principles. We've got so much potential and so much ability. It won't be easy, and it won't happen overnight, but we've got the chance to radically remake Scotland here.

People talk about it 'being a disaster' or 'we couldn't afford it'. I disagree. I call a country where 20% of children grow up in poverty a disaster. I call a country that spends billions on nuclear weapons while people use foodbanks a disaster. Literally all the politicians agree that Scotland is financially capable of becoming independent. If that's the case, then it's simply a question of priorities, and how you organise your spending.

People can have differing opinions on Salmond, and that's fine, because the vote isn't about him, but he made a quote that sums up how I feel about independence.

'Bairns, not bombs.'

spoton.pngsmackdown.gif

Let's also take a moment to think about the SCENES if Scotland does indeed vote yes. Parties in the street etc and we will be absolute box office around the globe: "Scotland wins historic independence referendum".

arry.pngunbelievable.gif

Now just take a moment to imagine a "no" vote: "Scotland says no to taking matters into its own hands". It would be utterly shan. romanovpalm.png

Don't forget you will get an extra day off school/college/university/work each independence day anniversary.

Let's also take a moment to think about the SCENES if Scotland does indeed vote yes. Parties in the street etc and we will be absolute box office around the globe: "Scotland wins historic independence referendum".

arry.pngunbelievable.gif

Now just take a moment to imagine a "no" vote: "Scotland says no to taking matters into its own hands". It would be utterly shan. romanovpalm.png

Don't forget you will get an extra day off school/college/university/work each independence day anniversary.

Hadn't even thought of the Independence Day off.

900x900px-LL-05107de0_edge.gif" alt="900x900px-LL-05107de0_edge.gif">

Always a Yes and has been for decades. But I am now at the point of BELIEVING it can happen. The momentum is shifting one way. YES Scotland is a capable campaign, full of intelligent people who will put out FACTS. They have an argument that is as watertight as they come, where as the other side just try to smear and lie to the voters. It has always been said that Scots on the whole are more canny with their politics. This will be the downfall of Better Together. Like him or loathe him Salmond is the greatest UK politician of his generation and he is up for a fight. The labour establishment is slowly starting to turn towards yes as well.

Choose Yes,

Choose a bright future, your bright future

Choose a fairer society for you and your future generations

Choose your government that you voted for

Choose a country that produces a surplus of energy

Choose a country that produces a surplus of food

Choose vast deposits of natural resources

Choose never being lied to by Westminster again

Choose a public health service

Choose free education

Choose the eighth richest country in the world

Choose not having your money stolen from you by london