Sign in to follow this  
Ludo*1

Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

468 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we've got the new sub-forum up and running I thought it'd be worth asking this question again. It's been quite sometime since the original thread was started and as a result many people may have changed their mind. I think it'd be an interesting comparison with the old poll to see if there's been any swing.

Edited by Ludo *1

On the last thread I said "No" but now I'm very much at an undecided stage,and until everything is thoroughly explained - which I hope this white paper will do,then I'll probably remain undecided until the day of the vote.

I also believe rUK would be mortally wounded by a yes vote and don't want to inflict it on them

What do you mean by 'mortally wounded'?

Mr Bairn, on 26 Nov 2013 - 12:37, said:

I also believe rUK would be mortally wounded by a yes vote and don't want to inflict it on them

What do you mean by 'them'? A specific part of the UK or the UK as a whole right now? Weird choice of wording.

It's a yes from me.

This is the most exciting political choice we will ever make in Scotland. It's a chance to create a country from first principles. We've got so much potential and so much ability. It won't be easy, and it won't happen overnight, but we've got the chance to radically remake Scotland here.

People talk about it 'being a disaster' or 'we couldn't afford it'. I disagree. I call a country where 20% of children grow up in poverty a disaster. I call a country that spends billions on nuclear weapons while people use foodbanks a disaster. Literally all the politicians agree that Scotland is financially capable of becoming independent. If that's the case, then it's simply a question of priorities, and how you organise your spending.

People can have differing opinions on Salmond, and that's fine, because the vote isn't about him, but he made a quote that sums up how I feel about independence.

'Bairns, not bombs.'

Yes from me, Unions about the past, independence about the future don't want to be tied to a government that makes most of its decisions for the good of the City of London and the South East of England.

What do you mean by 'mortally wounded'?

They're in the top 5/6 nations in the world right now

Without Scotland, they'd be reduced to above average at best.

By what measure? I don't think I've seen anything that high other than measures on things like inequality.

top 5/6 naitons for what?

In terms of what? Unemployment? Homelessness? Number of foodbanks? Military death toll?

Even the fact you've yet to decide between which one it is between '5' or '6' suggests you're very much scrambling for relevance here.

Edited by Firhill Road

He probably meant the UK is still within the top 5 or 6 superpowers. Whether it is or not is debateable though.

Who cares if rUK is "mortally wounded" from Scottish independence? This referendum is about what's best for Scotland, and the people who live and work in Scotland. I think that's voting Yes.