Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK Debt is now 1.3 trillion. I love how we are better off together.

Interest 52 billion, defence 39 billion.

The UK good in their hands.

Yet... there's loads of dosh for new armoured cars - £4billion - on top of Trident and other important things such as the House of Lards...

Independence is coming anyway, according to this guy in Financial Times.

Seriously, did they really think a no-vote would settle things?

http://www.johnkay.com/2014/09/24/scottish-no-vote-makes-independence-more-likely

Scottish No vote makes independence more likely

24 September 2014, Financial Times

The reaction in Westminster and the City of London to the No vote in the Scottish referendum on independence has been one of relief. This is a big mistake.

First, votes of 55 per cent to 45 per cent do not resolve issues for very long. The campaign has awakened public interest and strength of feeling unusual in modern politics. These are not characteristics of a debate that is settled.

Yet... there's loads of dosh for new armoured cars - £4billion - on top of Trident and other important things such as the House of Lards...

Independence is coming anyway, according to this guy in Financial Times.

Seriously, did they really think a no-vote would settle things?

http://www.johnkay.com/2014/09/24/scottish-no-vote-makes-independence-more-likely

From the same article, "The one certainty about the outcome was that any close result was a bad result. It is. Those who argued in 1997 that devolution was a slippery slope were right. Last week, Scottish nationalists lost a battle. But the outcome makes it very likely they have won their war."

Mind you we all know that the Financial Times is an SNP front. :rolleyes:

Hes only 59. Seems to have been around forever. The SNP will see just exactly how big an asset he was to them now that Sturgeon has got the leadership. Like Swinney, she will be hopeless.

59, you're splitting hairs man. Sturgeon wouldn't have been my particular choice, but I can see why she'll get it. Quite like Yousaf, one for the future definitely.

Perth votes:

Yes: 40%

No: 60%

I'd always said half of Perth were fucking arseholes. I swear if we vote a conservative in at the next election il move.

Perth and Perthshire, don't know what the breakdown of the city was. The vast majority of people in places like Crieff, Pitlochry, Dunkeld, Auchterarder, Scone, and people owning or working on farms/estates will have voted No. Even Blairgowrie where I stay is broadly No.

Perth and Perthshire, don't know what the breakdown of the city was. The vast majority of people in places like Crieff, Pitlochry, Dunkeld, Auchterarder, Scone, and people owning or working on farms/estates will have voted No. Even Blairgowrie where I stay is broadly No.

Is there a Blairgowrie in Kenya too :P

Archived