Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a 24 hours I'm having, I was looking for something to take my mind off the referendum yesterday, was planning on watching football but ended up having to take my 5 year old daughter into hospital at 7pm last night and staying the night in the Children's Ward.

She's being kept in for a couple of nights (IV antibiotics so nothing too serious) so I'm waiting on my wife voting then coming down here with our other two kids so I can then drop them at my parents then drive 70 miles to vote Yes then come back to the hospital to stay tonight again.

As if my emotions weren't already at level 11 my mum just told me that she, my Dad and my sister have all voted Yes this morning.

All three were hard No's six weeks ago, my Mum and sister were softening with every week I badgered them and I hoped my Mum at least would change to Yes but my Dad is a "Labour says No" man and I'd given up hope with him.

He wakes up this morning and says to my Mum, "I've had enough of these scare stories, the boy is right, Labour are a disgrace now, we should all be voting Yes".

And before he had a wobble they went out, picked up my sister and all voted Yes.

It is happening.

PS what a wonderful NHS we're saving, its like a holiday park here, she's having a ball.

:thumsup2

A wee peek at a few nubile nurses during your visit to top it off.... :P

All of my close family and the folk I tend to see at social occasions are voting YES. I am pleased because I would be unable to keep my mouth shut in the event of A NO vote then seeing any of them who starting moaning about the political situation.

What happens in the event it is exactly 50/50.....EXACTLY?

There's no provision in the Edinburgh Agreement for it - although I would think that the status quo would remain

Yes there is. If it's 50-50 then it's effectively NO. That's pretty fair IMO.

I would be unable to keep my mouth shut in the event of A NO vote then seeing any of them who starting moaning about the political situation.

Similarly, would you feel that if it's a Yes vote, that you completely abdicate any right to complain about any government in Holyrood ever again, whether it is Labour, SNP or any other entity?

Sir Francis of Boyle with a startlingly effective straightforward decision-making strategy for the undecideds:

6zw555C.jpg

One thing about this campaign and politics generally. How are sportsmen, comedians, actors and musicians in possession of knowledge, information or experience that contributes to the debate? They aren't qualified to comment and listening to them doesn't educate or inform. I listened to that Channel 4 debate last night and it convinced me that any time an actor pops up to tell everyone what he thinks, I'm out. Idiots the lot of them

One thing about this campaign and politics generally. How are sportsmen, comedians, actors and musicians in possession of knowledge, information or experience that contributes to the debate? They aren't qualified to comment and listening to them doesn't educate or inform. I listened to that Channel 4 debate last night and it convinced me that any time an actor pops up to tell everyone what he thinks, I'm out. Idiots the lot of them

^^^ rattled by straightforward decision-making strategy for the undecideds.

Archived