Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glorious final tear stained diatribe from Niall Ferguson. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11102126/Scottish-referendum-Alone-Scotland-will-go-back-to-being-a-failed-state.html

eta- Reading it again just to check it's real, I'm not quite sure tear stained does it justice. Absolutely dripping with indiscriminate anger and resentment.

JHCPrcq.png

History, eh?

I'm forty years old. Born into a bankrupt labour Britain, followed by Thatcher. From the Major Government's 15% interest rates to Gordon Brown "saving the world" and seven years of austerity with more to follow. More than half of my life has been spent in an economic basket case scrimping every penny. Vote for change.

Labour

Conservative

Coalition

The names change but the story is always, always the same. Scotland always suffers at the hand of a distant government. Enough.

Let's make our own decisions and, with pride and without fear, vote yes.

History, eh?

I'm forty years old. Born into a bankrupt labour Britain, followed by Thatcher. From the Major Government's 15% interest rates to Gordon Brown "saving the world" and seven years of austerity with more to follow. More than half of my life has been spent in an economic basket case scrimping every penny. Vote for change.

Labour

Conservative

Coalition

The names change but the story is always, always the same. Scotland always suffers at the hand of a distant government. Enough.

Let's make our own decisions and, with pride and without fear, vote yes.

Yup. Many of us here are in the same boat. Let's do this.

The Hayman take on Chaplin has got more than 30k views since yesterday. Worth sharing again.

And George Galloway wants freedom for Palestine but not for Scotland :P

Freedom.. ?

You think you're voting for freedom? Freedom from what ? the Tories?

Ooft and total lol :lol:

The wee smilie at the end of my sentence is very important, it generally implies a bit of mirth and in this instance it shows I've been slightly 'creative' with the wording.

Do carry on though ya humourless dullard ;)

Just been to vote, polling station very busy. Be careful tonight as I think you have to be in the polling station, not just in a queue to vote. The girls handing out the voting papers had wee cards on their desk saying "10pm allowed to vote".

Took great delight in telling the No thanks woman outside, "no thanks" :thumsup2

I will be absolutely gutted if it's a NO vote, if so it's quite possible we won't get a chance like this again in my lifetime.

It's like when you have grand kids you want to be around for just that wee bit longer to see them grow up.

I'd happily swap not seeing United lift silverware for the rest of my life in return for a YES vote.

I know where you're coming from granny.

It really is that important. Sorry shanks.

To be honest, in the last year all sport has seemed pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure I'll be back fanatically following County and my NHL hockey team when this is all finished, but sport (and celebrity in general) seems more and more like the new opiate of the masses.

I will be absolutely gutted if it's a NO vote, if so it's quite possible we won't get a chance like this again in my lifetime.

It's like when you have grand kids you want to be around for just that wee bit longer to see them grow up.

I'd happily swap not seeing United lift silverware for the rest of my life in return for a YES vote.

Don't worry, Granny.... We probably won't get another chance like this in your lifetime, but maybe quite soon after your dead... :)

Seriously though, we should be offered be offered another chance in the event of a vote in 2017 to take GB out of Europe.

I.ve no got enought greenies today, but Granny

I gave this one, ye old git, it the future man, not today or tomorrow but for may kid your grandkids, f**k I've started the cry lkndslkag

i just went out on step... i'm homesick

I'd happily swap not seeing the Rovers lift silverware for the rest of my life in return for a YES vote, but alas, they probably weren't going to anyway.

Archived