Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume Chris Hoy has more to say on the subject than just this, cause that might just be about the flimsiest feckin reason I've read yet in support of any side during all of this !

And George Galloway wants freedom for Palestine but not for Scotland :P

I assume Chris Hoy has more to say on the subject than just this, cause that might just be about the flimsiest feckin reason I've read yet in support of any side during all of this !

And George Galloway wants freedom for Palestine but not for Scotland :P

Freedom.. ?

You think you're voting for freedom? Freedom from what ? the Tories?

Not that I like the Tories, but even though they only have one seat in Scotland, 16% of people voted Tory in Scotland. If Scotland vote Yes and Shetland asks to leave Scotland, and join Norway or the rUK seen as SNP only got 12% of the vote there, would you be happy if they left to rejoin the Union?

Freedom...

Sir Chris came out for the Union quite early and copped a whole load of abuse as a privilege. Sadly but not surprisingly, he's been very quiet about it since.

Must have been awful for him :bairn:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332868/Cycling-hero-Sir-Chris-Hoy-branded-bigot-Scottish-nationalists-online-campaign-abuse-raising-concerns-independence.html

The first act of an independent Scotland should be to blow up the Velodrome to celebrate at 00:00, Independence Day.

If they thought about doing it for some high flats, they can definitely get it sorted for that white elephant.

Glorious final tear stained diatribe from Niall Ferguson. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11102126/Scottish-referendum-Alone-Scotland-will-go-back-to-being-a-failed-state.html

eta- Reading it again just to check it's real, I'm not quite sure tear stained does it justice. Absolutely dripping with indiscriminate anger and resentment.

JHCPrcq.png

The comments range at the bottom of these articles range from the Scots are work shy, benefit scroungers and it will never work to pleaseeeeeeeeeeee don't go.

I'm really glad a random dude from Devon has chipped in with his comments of "the numbers don't add up". I was going to vote Yes before his insight.

it's called tolerance, scots are famous for tolerance

Ferguson's argument is that pre 1707 Scotland was filled with intolerance, bigotry and violence and a Yes vote will see a return to that.

Tolerance is obviously a result of the union; invented by the English. Or something.

Archived