Scottish Independence

xbl

What I want to know is , why are bookies already paying out on a NO verdict?.

Has anyone here taken part in any if these polls or know of anyone who has?.

I've been travelling the length and breadth of Scotland in my truck for months and I get the feeling that it's a resounding YES. Same goes for vibes through social media...so where do these figures come from ?.

Auld c***s

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill Clinton, one of the most intelligent men to ever walk the earth with an IQ of 180

Vote NO: “Unity with maximum self-determination sends a powerful message to a world torn by identity conflicts that it is possible to respect our differences while living and working together. This is the great challenge of our time. The Scots can show us how to meet it.”

George Galloway

Vote NO: “There will be havoc if you vote Yes in September. Havoc in Edinburgh and throughout the land and you will break the hearts of many others too… I know which side I’m on. I’m with JK Rowling. Just say No.”

Andy Murray

Vote NO: "I started competing for Great Britain when I was 11. A lot of people forget that. I didn't like it when Salmond got the Scottish flag up at Wimbledon"

Susan Boyle

Vote NO: "I am a proud, patriotic Scot, passionate about my heritage and my country. But I am not a nationalist."

Sir Chris Hoy

Vote NO: "It will weaken the British team obviously if Scotland went separately, and it would be harder for the Scottish athletes, initially, to establish themselves in a new training environment, with new coaches, with a different environment altogether."

Alex Ferguson

Vote NO: "Eight-hundred-thousand Scots, like me, live and work in other parts of the United Kingdom. We don't live in a foreign country; we are just in another part of the family of the UK"

... Quietly waits for the onslaught of abuse.

Andy Murray

Vote NO: "I started competing for Great Britain when I was 11. A lot of people forget that. I didn't like it when Salmond got the Scottish flag up at Wimbledon

So where there does it say he's voting no? He says he didn't like Salmond's stunt. I didn't either, apart from the seethe it generated. I'm voting yes.

Bill Clinton, one of the most intelligent men to ever walk the earth with an IQ of 180
Vote NO: “Unity with maximum self-determination sends a powerful message to a world torn by identity conflicts that it is possible to respect our differences while living and working together. This is the great challenge of our time. The Scots can show us how to meet it.”
George Galloway
Vote NO: “There will be havoc if you vote Yes in September. Havoc in Edinburgh and throughout the land and you will break the hearts of many others too… I know which side I’m on. I’m with JK Rowling. Just say No.”
Andy Murray
Vote NO: "I started competing for Great Britain when I was 11. A lot of people forget that. I didn't like it when Salmond got the Scottish flag up at Wimbledon"
Susan Boyle
Vote NO: "I am a proud, patriotic Scot, passionate about my heritage and my country. But I am not a nationalist."
Sir Chris Hoy
Vote NO: "It will weaken the British team obviously if Scotland went separately, and it would be harder for the Scottish athletes, initially, to establish themselves in a new training environment, with new coaches, with a different environment altogether."
Alex Ferguson
Vote NO: "Eight-hundred-thousand Scots, like me, live and work in other parts of the United Kingdom. We don't live in a foreign country; we are just in another part of the family of the UK"

Murray has never said which side he is on. He has been very careful not to do that.

it all reminds me on leavin home years ago to move into a flat with my mates , mum growling and sayin dont bring yer washin up to me , ye canna laeve all this stuff here , dont ask me for money etc . think all this has given everyone a gigantic boot up the erse , hopefully for the best .. i can see cornwall and some other regions down south wanting some kind of autonomy in the future , all the best to everybody for friday - hopefully in the worlds NEWEST COUNTRY ..

'Cameron ignored the referendum and - worse - the Scottish people. He sent others to win them over with a small-minded campaign based on fear; a campaign that ensured that even a narrow victory for the Union would be pyrrhic, grudging, and rather than settling matters would entrench bitterness and divisions on both sides.

In another country in another time, an American President rallied his people by explaining that they had 'nothing to fear but fear itself'. In doing so he lit a candle in their darkest hour, ennobled them and led them to a greater dawn. Cameron told the Scots they should be afraid. In doing so he diminished them. Now they are set to return the favour.'

Jean-Paul Faguet, Professor of The Political Economy of Development, LSE.

Ahem I'm a Rangers fan..and also a YES voter it's just so much more than football and religion.

I'm just after watching that David Hayman clip, nearly greetin

Good on you you know what it's all about the guy on Newsnight knows too IMHO but he walks on a different road he was there to sow the seeds of doubt nothing more and he failed badly. I watched GB tonight making the claim that it is their flag their country and their streets and that is before a Vote is cast yet when AS said that the Pound was ours as well as their's funny how that is Oh no no no that is not for us EH! desperate measures indeed. Tell you what if the Vote is Yes then some of those votes will have been decided for Yes by the Noer's and their total negative message throughout this campaign.

VOTE YES.

George Galloway
Andy Murray
Susan Boyle
Sir Chris Hoy
Alex Ferguson

Boo!!!

it all reminds me on leavin home years ago to move into a flat with my mates , mum growling and sayin dont bring yer washin up to me , ye canna laeve all this stuff here , dont ask me for money etc . think all this has given everyone a gigantic boot up the erse , hopefully for the best .. i can see cornwall and some other regions down south wanting some kind of autonomy in the future , all the best to everybody for friday - hopefully in the worlds NEWEST COUNTRY ..

Sounds like your Mothers gripe's is the No campaign in a nut shell.

So where there does it say he's voting no? He says he didn't like Salmond's stunt. I didn't either, apart from the seethe it generated. I'm voting yes.

Read Jamie Murray's twitter feed. Definitely at least one yes in the family.

Sir Chris Hoy

I assume Chris Hoy has more to say on the subject than just this, cause that might just be about the flimsiest feckin reason I've read yet in support of any side during all of this !

And George Galloway wants freedom for Palestine but not for Scotland :P

I assume Chris Hoy has more to say on the subject than just this, cause that might just be about the flimsiest feckin reason I've read yet in support of any side during all of this !

Bet he's gutted about the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome being built in Glasgow! :lol:

Sir Chris came out for the Union quite early and copped a whole load of abuse as a privilege. Sadly but not surprisingly, he's been very quiet about it since.

Archived