Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reduced sales? are we all going on a diet?

All supermarkets will be forced to take the choice between losing share value or raising costs. Scotland will still consume the same amount of food.

No, people like myself will take our custom elsewhere.

Actually this is true. But we'll also all die if we vote NO.

No need. We can just do a 'bean run' similar to a 'wine run' to France.

Are you taking into account the MASSIVE rise in FUEL and AVIATION costs?

Vote no or risk vampire bats stealing your grapefruit.

Having a strong democratic system and a written constitution is a fantastic start. You don't see voter apathy here in the States like you do in the UK. Why is that?

Because the American public are brainwashed into patriotism and 'democracy' from an early age and then into thinking that their vote makes a difference and voting is a patriotic thing to do. There is no more utterly deluded a country regarding 'democracy' than the USA.

I believe he said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet".

"Wikipedia is not an acceptable source."

- Abraham Lincoln

Reduced sales? are we all going on a diet?

All supermarkets will be forced to take the choice between losing share value or raising costs. Scotland will still consume the same amount of food.

You're not paying attention.

If their competitors do not raise prices then it is unlikely they will as they will lose market share. Something much more likely to do long term damage than a small reduction in profits.

I'm trying really hard not to be rude but you make it difficult.

Because the American public are brainwashed into patriotism and 'democracy' from an early age and then into thinking that their vote makes a difference and voting is a patriotic thing to do. There is no more utterly deluded a country regarding 'democracy' than the USA.

"Wikipedia is not an acceptable source."

- Abraham Lincoln

'Yer maw'

- Gandhi

Where to England?

All prices will go up everywhere

And as prices rise the consumer becomes more sensitive to the prices, I've already shifted more than half my shopping to another supermarket due to prices.

You're not paying attention.

If their competitors do not raise prices then it is unlikely they will as they will lose market share. Something much more likely to do long term damage than a small reduction in profits.

I'm trying really hard not to be rude but you make it difficult.

Naive, very naive.

I will make big lego blocks for you to understand.

So asda put the price up and every one goes to aldi. Aldi then raises prices due to demand and back to square one.

Either way every supermarket will raise prices, it's a fact.

Although it should be noted that the Americans have an entirely different political system to either Westminster or Holyrood.

All prices will go up everywhere

Brilliant.

"Hey, Kilos, who will suffer from independence"..

everyone.gif

Because, you know, you don't sound like a fucking nut job high on drugs.

I'm aware of how Sevco this sounds but it'd be nice if someone could put together a list of companies that have threatened the feeble minded into a No vote, so I could make sure never to give these lying fucks any money.

We don't do walking away. Unless we vote no. Then we all leave.

Naive, very naive.

I will make big lego blocks for you to understand.

So asda put the price up and every one goes to aldi. Aldi then raises prices due to demand and back to square one.

You have a very firm understanding of how economics works, kilos. Your brain mass must be several of your name.

Jesus, and you were claiming others don't get it. This is back of a fag packet economics if I ever saw it. You actually should be ashamed to think people will swallow such bullshit.

Although it should be noted that the Americans have an entirely different political system to either Westminster or Holyrood.

Brilliant.

"Hey, Kilos, who will suffer from independence"..

everyone.gif

Because, you know, you don't sound like a fucking nut job high on drugs.

Finally you're getting it.

You took your anti-depressants today?

Archived