Scottish Independence

xbl

Yeah, and who's got the most to gain by denying there will be one, what's your point caller?

My point is that rUK don't need a currency union with iScotland. At all. And it wouldn't enter into one.

I don't believe iScotland does either, but it's need is greater than rUK's.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She doesn't debate with rape apologist bullies that exploit religious divisions for their own personal gain.

Just like George doesn't debate with Israelis.

That's sweet after all the banging on about not confusing the issues with the man Salmond :rolleyes:

Nicola will go nowhere near a very risky debate with Galloway.

Why would anyone from either side that is relevant in Scottish politics debate with George Galloway?! He's an MP of Bradford and lives in England. Should Alistair Darling debate with Tommy Sheridan? Absolute nonsense that the attention seeker Galloway is trying to force his way into this referendum when he's a complete and utter irrelevance.

I'm a Yes voter and I'm not keen on a currency union. That said, I don't see why a Scottish currency pegged against £ (in a similar manner as to the krone and the euro) is unworkable?

As for not having a representative in a foreign government? I'm not bothered. One thing is for sure, the rUK needs a currency union more than iScotland does.

its the fact you couldn't vote out the government that was controlling your currency. that's mental.

Why would anyone from either side that is relevant in Scottish politics debate with George Galloway?! He's an MP of Bradford and lives in England. Should Alistair Darling debate with Tommy Sheridan? Absolute nonsense that the attention seeker Galloway is trying to force his way into this referendum when he's a complete and utter irrelevance.

I agree re his place on it but it is certainly amusing how such an 'irrelevance' has got them in a tizzy.

I think the poster above is correct. Regardless of what you think of him he would be a potential banana skin for anyone debating him.

The truly alarming thing in all this carry on is how utterly gullible almost half of Scots have been, the SNP fantasists still have no answers to the big questions. NO ONE in authority has CONFIRMED Scotland will have the pound, the leader of the EU says Scotland will be out, which on balance could be a good thing. The defence would be shambolic, Salmond should be charged with treason after the NO vote is confirmed next week.

1. Actually some people currently in authority have explicitly stated that Scotland will not be able to enter into a currency union with the rest of the UK. Those people obviously have a particular agenda and therefore cannot be trusted. Furthermore, it won't be up to them.
  2. There is no single leader of the EU and this would not be a decision for one individual. No one seriously doubts that Scotland would remain within the EU.
  3. What do you mean by shambolic? The removal of Trident would certainly be problematic for the rest of the UK but poses no such problems for an independent Scotland.

Martin Gilbert also told BBC Radio 5live that RBS plans to move to London in the event of a Yes vote "can't be a major surprise".

"It is 82% owned by the UK government so it can't be a major surprise to anyone that it will relocate, but symbolically it's not a great thing," he added.

"I've always said I'm not telling anyone the way I'm going to vote but what I have said is that I think Scotland will prosper either way the vote goes."

Martin Gilbert also told BBC Radio 5live that RBS plans to move to London in the event of a Yes vote "can't be a major surprise".

"It is 82% owned by the UK government so it can't be a major surprise to anyone that it will relocate, but symbolically it's not a great thing," he added.

"I've always said I'm not telling anyone the way I'm going to vote but what I have said is that I think Scotland will prosper either way the vote goes."

What did he say about Standard life ?

answer the question? the English government will be in control of your countries interest rates. you wont be able to do anything about it. its not a central bank its the bank of England. you will no longer have any chance at all in influencing who is in control of it.

answer the question? the English government will be in control of your countries interest rates. you wont be able to do anything about it. its not a central bank its the bank of England. you will no longer have any chance at all in influencing who is in control of it.

The English Government?

I bet Wales and N.I. will be just delighted with this name change!

:lol:

What are your posts like before you edit them?

Are you sure it's not a 'central bank'?

There is no formal mechanism by which the Scottish MPs at Westminster or the MSPs at Holyrood can have deliberations into how the MPC decides policy. We have no influence, no control as it is. There is no evidence to suggest that Scottihs economic performance forms a critical area of deicsion making for those deciding MPC policy either. Accepting a currency union with the rUK gives us a chance of some small say beyond what we currently have, but even if it doesn't, or even if we don't get the CU and have to accept short term Sterlingisation, we are no worse off regarding monetary policy than we are right now.

Archived