Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you keep a straight face?

That said, perhaps you've just been sacked but don't realise it.. ;)

I've rarely been as serious about anything as I was this morning. If they didn't let me go, there's a good chance I'd have walked out.

I've rarely been as serious about anything as I was this morning. If they didn't let me go, there's a good chance I'd have walked out.

Good man, I like a person with principle! :)

On another note the Scotsman with one of it's most "even" headlines I've seen in a while. Still dripping with seethe but not screaming that it's the last days Sodom and Gomorrah..

BxCtuXAIIAAU0Ut.jpg

3/4 of your list we have in place already.

Here is my list again along with my judgement on what's in place:

Scottish currency. Not in place

Central banking. Not in place.

Financial regulation. Not in place

A plethora of other regulatory authorities. Not in place

A constitution. Not in place

Tax regime both personally and for companies.. Not in place

Welfare regime. Not in place

Welfare systems. Not in place

Possibly the largest IT project in world history to write new programs from scratch. Not in place

An approach to diplomacy. Not in place

Diplomatic missions. Not in place

Relationships with entities like NATO and The UN. Not in place

Consulates. Not in place

European Union integration, timescales and conditions. Not in place

Defense policy. Not in place

The idea that is 3/4 is clearly preposterous.

3/4 of your list we have in place already.

Further, if we are to assume a proportionate share of debt, I think it reasonable to assume we take a proportionate share of the asset. That includes a ....share of .....BoE reserves.

I have argued over here and elsewhere

:http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/216393-a-question-for-no-voters/?p=8750003 and

What iScotland should do would to use it's 8ish% of BofE reserves to set up its own currency. I am not wanting it both ways.

A share of UK foriegn diplomatic missions

Sure. For a while. This is part of my reasoning that it'll be 'at least' 5 years to do so. There is also a cost.

I would also suggest that the implentation costs will be more than offset by saving on such turds as Trident,

Another fucking idiot who mentioned Trident. BTW I despise nuclear weapons but everyone who thinks that the cost of a new state can be offset against Trident is simply an imbicile.

Haw cunto, if you'd ever posted on The Big Thread you'd ken that the word is 'thesaurus'.

BTW everything I posted in the list that you quoted involves much time and money. Frankly that effort and cost could be better spent elsewhere. Not one bawbee nor a minute of the effort will make us any more Scottish.

post-53921-14102137466501_thumb.jpg

Ooooo get you.

Erm and pray tell, how short a period of time do you reckon we're talking about here?

Just interested like

We obviously can't be certain, it's just my opinion, but I would think that in the event of a Yes vote Westminster's attitude of intransigence and obstruction will shift to one of cooperation, working with an iScotland for the benefit of both nations. Hopefully this will help calm any initial jitters during the negotiation period.

But as others have said, even if the share prices drop 25%, cry me a fucking river, it's not something I'm overly bothered about in the grand scheme of things.

I, for one, am shocked that an independent Scotland will have to implement a new defence policy. HOW DID MONTENEGRO MANAGE IT?

Further to the above point, how did they manage to start diplomatic relations with NATO? How did they do it The Kincardine? How?

Haw cunto, if you'd ever posted on The Big Thread you'd ken that the word is 'thesaurus'.

BTW everything I posted in the list that you quoted involves much time and money. Frankly that effort and cost could be better spent elsewhere. Not one bawbee nor a minute of the effort will make us any more Scottish.

Do you speak English as a second language? Well done. You're quite fluent really.

This is as smarmy, supercilious and condescending as I could ever imagine from even the worst BT supporter.

Talk me through which part of my post you struggle with linguistically.

We obviously can't be certain, it's just my opinion, but I would think that in the event of a Yes vote Westminster's attitude of intransigence and obstruction will shift to one of cooperation, working with an iScotland for the benefit of both nations. Hopefully this will help calm any initial jitters during the negotiation period.

But as others have said, even if the share prices drop 25%, cry me a fucking river, it's not something I'm overly bothered about in the grand scheme of things.

This will be very interesting to see. I can easily envisage quite a messy divorce settlement, with real bitterness flowing our way. It's a natural feeling, as charlie Brooker points out - we'd have rejected them (not so much them as in the English people but it would be hard not to take it personally on some level).

A cold war (to make it sound dramatic) would be in nobody's interests but I fear we'd come our of it worse off than the rUk.

Still, if this did happen I reckon it would at least galvanise the Scottish people in the way that perceived injustice tends to do.

Hopefully calm heads will prevail.

I, for one, am shocked that an independent Scotland will have to implement a new defence policy. HOW DID MONTENEGRO MANAGE IT?

Further to the above point, how did they manage to start diplomatic relations with NATO? How did they do it The Kincardine? How?

You are just being stupid now. I have never said "It can't happen". I am simply noting that there is a cost and time and effort. IMO the money and the man years would be better spent in developing Scotland as a country rather than replicating already extant state infrastructure..

You are just being stupid now. I have never said "It can't happen". I am simply noting that there is a cost and time and effort. IMO the money and the man years would be better spent in developing Scotland as a country rather than replicating already extant state infrastructure..

I'm sure I could fit "short-termism" and "Rangers fan" into a really poor quality joke.

The newly independent country will implement new (and perhaps more suitable) infrastructure, this will then allow Scotland to focus more attention on developing Scotland in the future. Is Holyrood better suited to developing Scotland in the long-term than Westminster? I believe it is, and as such the short-term costs are outweighed by the long term benefits.

The cost of replicating state infrastructure is an absolute fraction of the annual cost to pay for British sought-after nonsense like a replacement nuclear missile system.

Nice try though.

This sounds like a rehash of the old "aye, but you'll huv forms to fill in" caper from about the time of the 500 questions thing.

Fucking hell mind that? I'm nostalgic for better together bullshit from 18 months ago.

Archived