Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DigOutYourSoul, on 08 Sept 2014 - 20:46, said:

More money was wiped of the value of Scottish companies on the LSE today than Scotland makes per year in oil revenue. Think this shows a slight insight into how the markets might react to a Yes vote?

Not really, I think this in an insight into the period of total uncertainty of Scotland's future one way or another which will continue right up until the vote.

More money was wiped of the value of Scottish companies on the LSE today than Scotland makes per year in oil revenue. Think this shows a slight insight into how the markets might react to a Yes vote?

Markets don't like uncertainty.

An independent Scotland will remove that uncertainty.

That won't in any way be engineered by Bankers and Financial Analysts in the City at all..!!!

Not a cats in hell chance if we start self doubting. We cannot take our eyes of the prize with over analyzing shit we need to work even harder and concentrate on our objective. Leave the analysis until the 19th

I didn't mean the post to be negative. I'm very clearly focused on next Thursday. If I were to rephrase it I could ask: is independence now inevitable and are the effects of this referendum irreversible?

Markets don't like uncertainty.

An independent Scotland will remove that uncertainty.

Depending on what way you're looking at it it could increase the amount of uncertainty in the market - particularly in Scottish PLCs like scottish widows and standard life, we could see these companies values plummet in the event of a Yes Vote.

I didn't mean the post to be negative. I'm very clearly focused on next Thursday. If I were to rephrase it I could ask: is independence now inevitable and are the effects of this referendum irreversible?

Depending on how hard and fast the establishment pump out their dirty tricks and get the full compliment of media to display the propaganda 24/7 could cause enough indecision to turn it. Remember it is very very close. One big slip up by Yes and they could lose all that momentum very easily

Depending on what way you're looking at it it could increase the amount of uncertainty in the market - particularly in Scottish PLCs like scottish widows and standard life, we could see these companies values plummet in the event of a Yes Vote.

Perhaps if Westminster hadn't continually gone, "speak to the hand", then the markets wouldn't have been shitting kittens.

As it is, THEY are the ones without a Plan B, and are looking extremely weak because of it, and the markets smell blood. If the Westminster government had fought toe to toe on a positive message but also shown they were ready to deal with either outcome then we wouldn't be seeing London demonstrate an equal mix of seethe and panic.

Westminster are at fault here. Their arrogance that people wouldn't vote for independence has been the catalyst.

The polls are 50/50 with ten days to go, this is about as uncertain as it gets.

Granted their might be some wobbles during the negotiations and the embryonic period but I'm sure after a short period of time when it becomes obvious Scotland is on course to become a stable and successful country the markets will have worked themselves out.

Granted their might be some wobbles during the negotiations and the embryonic period but I'm sure after a short period of time when it becomes obvious Scotland is on course to become a stable and successful country the markets will have worked themselves out.

I would argue that period after a successful yes vote would be the most uncertain time the Scottish financial markets would ever face and the value of these firms, and almost every other, will drop far, far below what they have today.

How short, exactly, will the period of time before the market realises Scotland is on course to be a successful country be?

57LnUbO.gif

:lol:

That is a fucking superb article. I was tempted to copy and paste bits and pieces but it needs to be read in it's entirety. The seethe, the tears, the snotters and all delivered with a "why have you done this to us" bullshit. How can Deerin, who claims to be a Scot not see why the f**k this has happened. Is he a simpleton?

This will be just the start if we walk blindfolded into independence, but F*ck it eh, no need to worry, it will all be worth it?

This will be just the start if we walk blindfolded into independence, but F*ck it eh, no need to worry, it will all be worth it?

Rob

As a No voter, are you not thoroughly disgusted and ashamed of the antics of BTUKOK since the Yougov poll?

Scotland is already a stable and successful country and Scottish companies operate within a known and predictable economy.

Independence can only add uncertainty to Scotland's economy given the number of unknowns surrounding the cost, effort and imponderables surrounding the setting up a new state.

It will have at least a 5 year impact.

If we don't grab this opportunity with both hands, then we'll be Westminster's bitches for another 300 years or so.

This "Britain" thing is England's last vestige of their colonial past where they dominated, bullied, ruled & looked after Londonshire first & foremost, then dished out their soapy seconds to their subservient charges.

WE ARE SCOTLAND

Archived