Scottish Independence

xbl

SNP leader Alex Salmond has admitted he has never been entirely sure what he means when he says ‘independence’.

Scotland’s first minister revealed he has always thought of independence as a ‘play within a play… within a dream’.

He said: “Well, it’s a concept, it’s an idea, it’s a thing.

“In my mind I see it as a tree in the shape of Scotland. Does that make sense?”

Salmond said the idea of independence involving things like a currency and a central bank, was ‘very left brain’, adding: “How would you even do that?”

He said: “I think once independence is here I’ll have a much better idea of what it is.

“Any other questions?”

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNP leader Alex Salmond has admitted he has never been entirely sure what he means when he says ‘independence’.

Scotland’s first minister revealed he has always thought of independence as a ‘play within a play… within a dream’.

Salmond said the idea of independence involving things like a currency and a central bank, was ‘very left brain’, adding: “How would you even do that?”

He said: “I think once independence is here I’ll have a much better idea of what it is.

“Any other questions?”

Cool fake story bro.

Can I just say I'm absolutely raging that Scottish Labour have been given 45 minutes to spout shite after people have started voting

I hope every YES voter marches down to their nearest YES office and offers their services.

“Any other questions?”

From the Daily Mash.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/salmond-still-not-sure-what-he-means-by-independence-2014090890323

For God sake man, you'll be posting Onion links next.

What a difference a weekend and a couple of polls make. No voters seething on the doorsteps tonight. Absolutely raging.Tonight I was told salmond should be shot and another went into kitchen to get a union Jack dishtowel to wave at me.

Luckily there aren't too many of them left

What a difference a weekend and a couple of polls make. No voters seething on the doorsteps tonight. Absolutely raging.Tonight I was told salmond should be shot and another went into kitchen to get a union Jack dishtowel to wave at me.

You should film them, show the "nasty face of the union".. ;)

I hope you were smiling...they hate people smiling..!!

Whilst i am delighted that the YES campaign has been full of positive messages unlike the scaremongering,patronising BT campaign aided by right wing English Tabloids and shamefully aided by the BBC amongst others, i think we need to fight fire with fire.

It has been shown over the years that a little bit of negative campaigning can be very effective as long as not overdone,i think every YES voter needs to remind any undecided or wavering Yes Voters about the lies the BT campaign have told,the fact that all these suddenly new proposed powers on offer are not for the benefit of us the Scottish people but to keep the arrogant,lying political politicians & leaders at Westminster in a job.

I think we need to point out that all their promises mean nothing as they cannot even agree on them and we have no idea who will be the next UK(hopefully English Govt) they are asking us to trust them yet again. The fact is there are far more uncertain times ahead if we vote NO as we have no idea who the next Westminster Govt will be ,what policies they will implement if they will honour any promises made by BT and if we will even be a part of the EU in a few years time

I say that of course we need to keep promoting the positive but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire and we cannot allow the right wing tabloids,media and lying BT side winning by default by scaring people out of voting YES at last minute.

I thought this might be a topic for a new thread but I'll keep this on the general one to save grief! ;)

My question is: Is it too late to go back?

Has politics been changed irreversibly over the course of this referendum? If No wins a majority the stats will still show that at. least half of the population are not happy with what we get from Westminster and want change. I say at least because there are a lot of people who will vote no even if they do want change but are too worried about the possible consequences.

Plus while Scotland has been trying to decide its future, all kinds of shit is going on in England with UKiP, plus growing dissatisfaction and maybe resentment in some quarters with Scotland.

Is independence now inevitable?

I thought this might be a topic for a new thread but I'll keep this on the general one to save grief! ;)

My question is: Is it too late to go back?

Has politics been changed irreversibly over the course of this referendum? If No wins a majority the stats will still show that at. least half of the population are not happy with what we get from Westminster and want change. I say at least because there are a lot of people who will vote no even if they do want change but are too worried about the possible consequences.

Plus while Scotland has been trying to decide its future, all kinds of shit is going on in England with UKiP, plus growing dissatisfaction and maybe resentment in some quarters with Scotland.

Is independence now inevitable?

Not a cats in hell chance if we start self doubting. We cannot take our eyes of the prize with over analyzing shit we need to work even harder and concentrate on our objective. Leave the analysis until the 19th

Archived