Scottish Independence

xbl

BtqbogeIcAAfFkO.jpg

A whisper doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday that the higher rate of tax to start at £25,000 in an iScotland.

I for one hope that's a load of shite, how would that attract top medical/technical/scientific folk to Scotland?

If it is indeed true, I hope it gets aired well before the vote, I may well need to make England my 1st postal home and Ayrshire my second if fact.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Define acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.

I could make a list but that would sort of defeat the purpose - if you read my previous post you can see that basically acceptable behaviour for me is taking reasonable steps to mitigate life's risks. Government has a role here because clearly there is a significant part of the population taking little or no action on issues such as pensions or unemployment protection.

A whisper doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday that the higher rate of tax to start at £25,000 in an iScotland.

I for one hope that's a load of shite, how would that attract top medical/technical/scientific folk to Scotland?

If it is indeed true, I hope it gets aired well before the vote, I may well need to make England my 1st postal home and Ayrshire my second if fact.

Firstly a government would have to be elected and policies like that would have to be in the manifesto of any party seeking election. I don't think we'll be seeing that figure in any manifesto of any party seeking election.

No,no,no. Undecided. Do I want my large tax bill to go to a Tory government in Westminster or a Tartan Tory government in Holyrood? Decisions.

Just stick your money in a Swiss account mate. Problem solved. :)

(Probably best to vote No as the Tories tend to turn a blind eye to this practice)

It's shite.

I could make a list but that would sort of defeat the purpose - if you read my previous post you can see that basically acceptable behaviour for me is taking reasonable steps to mitigate life's risks. Government has a role here because clearly there is a significant part of the population taking little or no action on issues such as pensions or unemployment protection.

What do pensions have to do with fecklessness and what risks do we have to mitigate?

Twitter right enough.

It's shite.

Twitter right enough.

Some freelance burd called Lalita o'Neil penned the article I read yesterday. I don't know what publication it was in as there was no paper name included in the pic. If I could be bothered looking for the Tweet I'd post it, but I can't be arsed. No doubt it'll be in a BT pamphlet soon, winging it's way around all the houses where the occupiers are on more than £25,000.

Some freelance burd called Lalita o'Neil penned the article I read yesterday. I don't know what publication it was in as there was no paper name included in the pic. If I could be bothered looking for the Tweet I'd post it, but I can't be arsed. No doubt it'll be in a BT pamphlet soon, winging it's way around all the houses where the occupiers are on more than £25,000.

I don't really care who penned it, it's nonsense posted on Twitter to snare the twits, most of whom will never see the top rate of tax.

Was it GQ? :lol:

I don't really care who penned it, it's nonsense posted on Twitter to snare the twits, most of whom will never see the top rate of tax.

Oh, ye mean all the oil workers, teachers, doctors, surgeons, engineers, technicians, windmill workers, police and awe them? £25,000 is quite a low mark for professionals nowadays.

If it's nonsense, we'll see the politicians declaring publicly that it's nonsense, surely. Anyway, no doubt it will do the rounds in pamphlets, through all the doors.

Archived