Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well even though a fifth of Scottish MPs are in the UK government, even if we didn't have an influence why would your "driver" drive you into a lamppost? The fact is we know where we are right now, we don't know what it'll be like in an independent Scotland. There are pros and cons to that but your argument is nonsense.

Well even though a fifth of Scottish MPs are in the UK government, even if we didn't have an influence why would your "driver" drive you into a lamppost? The fact is we know where we are right now, we don't know what it'll be like in an independent Scotland. There are pros and cons to that but your argument is nonsense.

Yes, we know where we are right NOW but we've no idea where we'll be in 10 years time whether we stay in the UK or not.

Will we still be in the EU?

Will we be in the middle of another illegal war?

Will we still have radioactive material being dumped in our waters?

Will we still have a publicly funded health service?

Will we still have a welfare system to look after our most vulnerable?

Will we still have free university education for all?

All that uncertainty and more if we stay in the UK.

So will you be flying over from Sydney to vote?

No I won't as the vote is for the people of Scotland which is absolutely the right thing.

Doesn't stop me having an opinion though.

Oh dear, Rabbi Williams, oh dear.

Sounds to me like you've made your mind up.

I'd say an independent Scotland has a fighting chance of being a prosperous, fair country. As others have said, no one knows what's going to happen. No one on the Yes side is promising a land of milk and honey. But it will be our country, shaped for us, by us and not at the behest of a Westminster government that frankly could not care less about us.

I have enough faith in our country that I believe we will come out the other side a markedly better nation than that which is part of the UK. The question is, how many of us have the cojones to take this one chance that other countries have bled for?

I know mate, if the Scottish people are going to be this blind maybe we're not ready for independence yet.

We all should wait untill 99% of the population have no confidence in being an independent country before we try becoming an independent country. Is that when we will be "READY" ?

Out of Interest how many UK taxpayers will be paying towards the CG? How much Lottery funding?

The Scottish consequential for the Olympics could have paid for the CG twice over.

You haven't answered my question.

As a Falkirkian, am I paying for Glasgow's games? What benefit does Falkirk get out of it?

What say did I get in Glasgow bidding for these games I don't want to be paying for?

As a Falkirkian, am I paying for Glasgow's games? What benefit does Falkirk get out of it?

What say did I get in Glasgow bidding for these games I don't want to be paying for?

Yes, More than you got out of the Olympics, None.

Now, how about you answer mine?

Probably more benefit than Falkirk did from the London Olympics. That's just a guess if I'm being honest

Then again as a Glaswegian I'm not exactly thrilled about the money being spent on the commonwealth games,

Seeing Glasgow politicians slap each other on the back because the games happen to bring the east end some badly needed money for regeneration that the council should have some decades ago.

Yes, More than you got out of the Olympics, None.

Now, how about you answer mine?

"More than we got out of the Olympics"?

Really? Why? What exactly are Falkirkians getting out of this games, and why are we paying for games in Glasgow?

Probably more benefit than Falkirk did from the London Olympics.

What exactly are Falkirk gaining from these games in Glaasgow?

What exactly are Falkirk gaining from these games in Glaasgow?

Thanks for missing out my quote saying it was a guess, as I don't know the benefits for Falkirk.

I'm not happy with Glasgow hosting the games at all tbh

I'm not happy with Glasgow hosting the games at all tbh

Neither am I.

The Commonwealth Games are third rate. An absolute waste of our money by the Scottish Government.

I'm just interested to see how many of those who were up in arms about the London Olympics, are similarly enraged by the SG wasting our money on a school sports day.

I'd have thought a British nationalist like yourself would be raving about all things Commonwealth tbh.

I'm not a British nationalist. I find Nationalists of all varieties dreadful.

What are your views on us paying for Glasgow's Commonwealth Games? Good idea?

Neither am I.

The Commonwealth Games are third rate. An absolute waste of our money by the Scottish Government.

I'm just interested to see how many of those who were up in arms about the London Olympics, are similarly enraged by the SG wasting our money on a school sports day.

I think they are a waste of money as well, both the olympics and the CG.

You though are being hypocritical when stating that the Olympics were good for Britain and then stating that the CG are an absolute waste of money.

You are however evading the questions. Can you justify the UK government declaring that Olympic spending would be excluded from Barnett?

Archived