Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone must be raking it in on royalties with that phrase "best of both worlds"

I think this deserves to be posted here also.

icon_comments_disabled-vflxokpZC.png Comments are disabled for this video.

How can they get away with spouting such pish? Truly awful stuff, both of them.

Can't beat a dose of Ad Hominem.

Sadly champ, when your actual point is to champion the opinion of a particular person, questioning the validity of that person is entirely appropriate.

Still, if you want to celebrate the approval of Stan Collymore, be my guest.

Scottish people making decisions in Scotland about matters which effect Scotland must be good ?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/alex-neil-blamed-over-hospital-wards-asbestos-1-3414561

Do you sit and trawl the Internet looking for stories that paint Scotland or the SNP in a bad light? Seems to be all you post.

I was in a pub in St. Andrews yesterday and I started chatting to a foreign student who was wearing a Better Together badge on his jacket. It turned out he knew very little about the independence debate and this was proved when his main concern was that if Scotland voted for independence then the commonwealth games (held this summer) would be cancelled! I asked if he was even eligible to vote and he said as an EU citizen he was. Is this true? I thought you had to have lived in Scotland for X amount of years? Fair enough you can't discriminate but I don't know if I'm keen about the vote being handed to students who are likely to only be in Scotland for a few years and have no idea what they're voting for/ against.

Do you sit and trawl the Internet looking for stories that paint Scotland or the SNP in a bad light? Seems to be all you post.

No I read the papers and its been all over the media but perhaps you missed it; sorry if that doesn't suit you. The yes camp come out with everything all lovely and shiny and act as if cynical politics is a Westminster exclusive; but getting back to the point Neil is caught out 100% at it, but the FM thinks he acted entirely properly. Salmond's definition of properly looks similar to that used by other politicians when caught out.

No I read the papers and its been all over the media but perhaps you missed it; sorry if that doesn't suit you. The yes camp come out with everything all lovely and shiny and act as if cynical politics is a Westminster exclusive; but getting back to the point Neil is caught out 100% at it, but the FM thinks he acted entirely properly. Salmond's definition of properly looks similar to that used by other politicians when caught out.

Indeed. Salmond is the latest line in leaders adopting the tried and trusted "defend them hoping the media storm will go away and then if it doesn't force them to resign" approach.

Getting bored of the tit for tat nonsense from both sides now.

Still got a few months to go, it's only going to get worse.

I followed the better together twitter account to see if they could give me any reason to vote NO.Most of their tweets were about Salmond and scare mongering articles. Has anyone from BT said what extra powers Scotland will get if we vote NO?

Getting bored of the tit for tat nonsense from both sides now.

Still got a few months to go, it's only going to get worse.

On the plus side, I don't think either side has anything new to say, so if you tune out from here on in, you won't be missing anything.

I was just thinking this morning this is a bit of a down period. I'd expect things to pick up around the Commie Games when the SNP try to politicise it.

Like when the unionist parties politicised the Olympics, aye?

All parties politicised the Olympics.

Alex "Scolympians" Salmond perhaps most embarrassingly of all.

All parties politicised the Olympics.

Alex "Scolympians" Salmond perhaps most embarrassingly of all.

Surely the most embarrassing thing was the UK parties excluding the spending on the Olympics from Barnett. £10bln down the pisser for the opportunity to wave the union jack for a few weeks.

Oh, not to forget all the redevelopment of London that was part of the legacy that we contributed to.

Surely the most embarrassing thing was the UK parties excluding the spending on the Olympics from Barnett. £10bln down the pisser for the opportunity to wave the union jack for a few weeks.

The Olympics was great. Money well spent I say.

Out of interest, how is the Commonwealth Games being funded?

As a Falkirkian, am I paying for any of it?

80% SG and 20% GCC I think is the split of public funding for the Games.

Archived