Scottish Independence

xbl

And voting SNP will help that in what way?

There would be a fair chance that rUK would need to be governed by a minority government,for stability nonbawbaggery would be required.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There would be a fair chance that rUK would need to be governed by a minority government,

Really?

Were Scotland's Labour and LD seats to be removed from the landscape and given to the SNP that would greatly increase the prospect of a majority Conservative government.

Wrong.

Aye? Which bit is "wrong", you investing in Northern Rock, the fact that you were convinced by some complete and utter Walter Mitty, or the fact that you started bragging about it?

Got the thread open the now so I'm going to need you to be really specific. Don't want to pick the wrong bit.

Really?

Were Scotland's Labour and LD seats to be removed from the landscape and given to the SNP that would greatly increase the prospect of a majority Conservative government.

Really?

I thing you have fucked up here. It would make no difference to the ability of the Conservatives to form a majority government.

In your own words; - "Even by your shocking standards, this is dripping in fail."

Aye? Which bit is "wrong", you investing in Northern Rock, the fact that you were convinced by some complete and utter Walter Mitty, or the fact that you started bragging about it?

Got the thread open the now so I'm going to need you to be really specific. Don't want to pick the wrong bit.

1)

You got trolled into investing thousands in Northern Rock

a) I didn't invest "thousands" in Northern Rock.

b) My investment in Northern Rock shares had nothing to do with the thread which discussed the purchase of Northern Rock shares.

c) I didn't "brag" about buying shares in Northern Rock. I have bought and sold lots of shares down the years. Northern Rock was a small investment.

Really?

I thing you have fucked up here. It would make no difference to the ability of the Conservatives to form a majority government.

Yeah? Do tell...

Remember the Scottish MPs would have no say on matters in terms of the negotiations.

You got trolled into investing thousands in Northern Rock then bragged about it with said troll/fantasist.

Please never refer to anyone else on here as stupid.

In conclusion, sit doon.

I thought it was that Clyde fan Fast Action that hasn't posted here in ages who invested big bucks in Northern Rock?

And actually, the purchase of Northern Rock shares was a great move. I was absolutely right to buy them and could have sold them at a profit.

I just held onto them too long as I didn't foresee the global credit crunch!

I thought it was that Clyde fan Fast Action that hasn't posted here in ages who invested big bucks in Northern Rock?

I invested £2.5 K. I actually thought it was only a grand, but it was nearly 1000 shares, not nearly £1000. Apologies Sodje - I stand corrected over the "thousands" part, technically.

Fast Action invested tens of thousands. But then that might have been chump change for him - who knows?

Did you dabble then?

Yes. could only get my paws on a couple of grand in time

That was a good price. We should come on in a few weeks time and share our good news stories. That will be a joy for everyone to read - a bit like reading the parable of the lucky git. wink.gif

In fairness to us all, we didn't follow the usual gamblers forum trick of coming along 2 weeks after the event and saying "Look what I won".

We did tell people. Hopefully a good few will have shared in the wealth! I like no lose gambles!

Brassest neck of all time romanovpalm.png

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/65352-panic-merchants/ Cracking read for anyone who's not seen it. The bit where the guy talks about his "boring afternoon" of investing £75k is the best bit, gets me every time :lol:

Would it? Anas Sarwar, Ian Davidson MP etc have been elected to represent their constituents at Westminster, just as Stewart Hosie has.

If Scotland votes to leave the Westminster system, Anas and Ian have absolutely no right to represent people in Glasgow in the negotiations. I'm obviously joking about SNP politicians being on both sides because it's absolutely absurd. As is what you've just posted.

You think it;s absurd for Scottish MPs to negotiate for Scotland in this scenario because they were elected to Westminster? i don't undersatnd that. It's about who they represent surely?

I'm confused here - are you saying MPs could only be on the UK side? Surely scottish MPs would be negotiating on behalf of Scotland in this scenario? i believe I've seen Salmond say he would want former first ministers and Secreaties of state negotiationg, so you could see, for example, Henry mcLiesh and Jim Murphy alongside Salmond and sturgeon negotitaiong for Scotland?

likewise, SNP MP's could be on that team - indeed there's a good case for Angus Robertson, as the defence spokesperson?

Jim Murphy? Are you drunk?

You think it;s absurd for Scottish MPs to negotiate for Scotland in this scenario because they were elected to Westminster? i don't undersatnd that. It's about who they represent surely?

It's not that hard to understand.

It's about who they represent surely?

SNP MPs vote as elected members of Parliament on issues that effect the UK, Marco Biagi isn't restricted to voting on Edinburgh issues - he votes on Scottish devolved matters, Croatian MEP Zdravka Bušić can claim he represents Glasgow.

It clearly isn't about who the negotiators represent at that moment. I reiterate, I don't actually want Stewart Hosie negotiating for Whitehall. It's an absurdity, as Anas Sarwar or Mike Crockart negotiating for Scotland would be.

Cameron throwing in the more powers stuff now. Panic in the air as the vote gets closer.

As predicted it was a huge mistake not putting a 3rd option on the ballot paper. Cameron's "blinder" is now Cameron's panic. He's even talking about a pan unionist agreement for more powers in a jam tomorrow promise on more powers.

The days leading up to the Edinburgh Agreement was full of arrogance and over confidence that they would win the referendum vote hands down. Some were even questioning whether Salmond would hold a referendum at all because he had no chance of winning it.

Official Campaign period starts at the end of this month. :thumsup2

As opposed to milk and honey tomorrow.

Both sides are bloody appalling imho.

I invested £2.5 K. I actually thought it was only a grand, but it was nearly 1000 shares, not nearly £1000. Apologies Sodje - I stand corrected over the "thousands" part, technically.

Fast Action invested tens of thousands. But then that might have been chump change for him - who knows?

Fucking hell! A climbdown AND an apology from Hotel Bravo?!

Someone frame it!!

Archived