Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did I miss this? I take it it's all over the news?

Tucked away in a tiny wee corner of the BBC:

" IAG boss, Willie Walsh told BBC Breakfast: "If anything, it [scottish independence] will be slightly positive since we believe it will abolish air passenger duty."

Tucked away in a tiny wee corner of the BBC:

" IAG boss, Willie Walsh told BBC Breakfast: "If anything, it [scottish independence] will be slightly positive since we believe it will abolish air passenger duty."

Aye, so they can ask 10 more certain No's.

I see the British Airways CEO has said this morning an indy Scotland would be good for the company

Businessman wants more business type of thing. Patrick Harvie wont agree to airlines getting cheaper tax options, if he really is a "Green".

More humdrum.

Who are you trying to kid, Blair attacked single mothers within 6 weeks of being elected in 97, that's the day I vowed never to vote for them again, decades of fcuking hope flushed away in 1 announcement.

What Blair did will be chicken feed compared to what this mob is doing, what they are doing is carnage

What mob is this? And what's the carnage?

The Tory, LibDem demolition, the fact that the poorest will struggle to survive, with the planned cuts

Oh dear, nothing worse than a Labour fanboy......apart from their pals, the Tories.

fanboy, is that even a word?, anyway long time since I was a boy, but thanks anyway

The Tory, LibDem demolition, the fact that the poorest will struggle to survive, with the planned cuts

fanboy, is that even a word?, anyway long time since I was a boy, but thanks anyway

How do you like the fact that Labour support even deeper cuts than the Tories?

Same ideals, different colour of tie.

New Labour are a disgrace.

'Slightly positive' - Wow hold the front page. A business who is likely to benefit directly from a tax cut posts independence slightly supports independence.

Another tax cut for the rich.

Are you voting no from a left-wing perspective?

An independent Scotland will be more left-wing than the current set-up in Westminster (or even the alternative Labour government (if you can even call them Labour these days)).

If you want the rich to pay a fair share then a Yes vote is definitely the right way to go about it.

The planned cuts that your mob have promised to carry on to secure the vote down south.

Ok, fanman.

Are you voting no from a left-wing perspective?

An independent Scotland will be more left-wing than the current set-up in Westminster (or even the alternative Labour government (if you can even call them Labour these days)).

If you want the rich to pay a fair share then a Yes vote is definitely the right way to go about it.

Well if the overall tax set up is advantageous from the UK perspective why then would the SG add on even more tax cuts for the rich.

I haven't seen any of the proposals for the rich to pay a fairer share in the event of a yes?

Well if the overall tax set up is advantageous from the UK perspective why then would the SG add on even more tax cuts for the rich.

I haven't seen any of the proposals for the rich to pay a fairer share in the event of a yes?

You actually think the set up would be LESS fair in an independent Scotland?

Wow.

You actually think the set up would be LESS fair in an independent Scotland?

Wow.

I don't know ?

But what it appears is that the SG have added more benefits for the rich on top of what is labelled an unbalanced tax system ? Just to win the referendum?

Archived