Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wright stuff today

This should be required watching.

I've never watched that show before, but is it always so awful? I liked how they waited for the yes supporter to get off the phone before spouting their usual subsidy junkie crap. It was pretty funny that they were listening with baited breath to the no supporter until she said that she was treated like shit when she lived in London (while the audience nodded smugly).

Btw, is Reynard married? That fruit loop in the straw wig seems like a dream match.

The wright stuff today

I keep seeing this popping up on twitter etc and got as far as clicking the link, seeing that fucking bint Katie Hopkins, and decided to keep the blood pressure at safe levels. I presume it's absolutely tragic levels of fail though.

This should be required watching.

I've never watched that show before, but is it always so awful? I liked how they waited for the yes supporter to get off the phone before spouting their usual subsidy junkie crap. It was pretty funny that they were listening with baited breath to the no supporter until she said that she was treated like shit when she lived in London (while the audience nodded smugly).

Btw, is Reynard married? That fruit loop in the straw wig seems like a dream match.

The lady that takes the phone calls on The Wright Stuff is tidy.

I certainly won't be watching that but I imagine it's the standard subsidy junky/too wee, too poor, too stupid toe curling garbage?

If the DUP want to claim that the SNP are anti-English then I'll claim that the DUP are anti-Catholic.

See, anyone can play this game. It's nothing but child's play and I cannot believe it's brought up by grownups.

John Taylor, ex-UUP MP now in the Lords, called for the "partition" of Scotland in the event of an independence vote. Taylor is a far, far right bigot, mind.

John Taylor, ex-UUP MP now in the Lords, called for the "partition" of Scotland in the event of an independence vote. Taylor is a far, far right bigot, mind.

Of course he is, he's UUP.

What does this mean?

His argument seemed to be that i the event of a yes vote Scotland should be "partitioned"- basically keeping a small enclave (presumably with the capital in Saltcoats and the ceremonial centre in Harthill) part of the UK, and let the rest go independent.

what could possibly go wrong?

"Absolutely massive #indyref story breaking in Madrid. The Spanish Prime Minister has just said that an independent Scotland would not be a member of the EU.

More to follow."

This is straight from the BT facebook page

Haud the phones! So Scotland might not be accepted into the EU? Better vote to stay in the union where... er... there will eventually be a referendum because huge swathes of the population want to be out of the EU.

His argument seemed to be that i the event of a yes vote Scotland should be "partitioned"- basically keeping a small enclave (presumably with the capital in Saltcoats and the ceremonial centre in Harthill) part of the UK, and let the rest go independent.

what could possibly go wrong?

Not a bad idea, especially if certain areas vote overwhelmingly against.

with 30 years of horrific civil war which has been concreted over mostly, and an unsustainable economy requiring massive subsidy from the UK taxpayer to prop up, it's hard to see it as anything other than a failure, yes.

The fact that Unionists like Taylor, Trimble et al are clearly shiteing it at the prospect of Scotland going independent tells you all you need to know. The reality for Northern Ireland in the event of an independent Scotland is a much weaker link with the rest of the UK, which is why elderly Unionists and the Orange Order are mobilising and making dark threats about what will happen in the event of a yes vote. They wouldn't be bothering otherwise.

Archived