Scottish Independence

xbl

No I was talking about the rise in nationalism so social media has no influence on mainstream politics as evidenced by the vote on Friday. Your whole argument is ludicrous and wrong - lost the vote, remember?

You type stuff that has nothing to do with what people are saying.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are also so many No voters that just want things to go back to the way they were, to crawl back under whatever comfort blanket they need, and to forget about the big nasty world of politics. This is why they buckled so easily and ate it all up. There aren't enough enquiring minds, people that want to actually get under the surface and have a truly informed opinion, even out of a lot of Yes voters. This is basically what won it for No. A general public that believes everything it reads in the papers. What a fucking shocking indictment of our own people.

^^^bullying, bluster and scaremongering^^^

You think that Salmond would have been able to walk away do you? BS. Another one of his many stories that would have meant a U turn.

The UK Treasury had previously stated that it would be responsible for all UK debt which had been issued, which would have included all of the Gilts and also all of your Premium Bonds!

Alex Salmond would have used that as a negotiating tool: you let us share sterling, we will take on some of the debt.

There was no obligation to take any share of the debt, the Treasury confirmed its position on that ages ago.

I'm not seeing one little bit of anything being proven regarding this 'vow'. Are you seriously suggesting that any of this will happen and that we should have faith in this process? And that it's not actually a big pile of lat minute, panicky, manipulative shite? Are you seriously asking that I have faith in this?

I don't stand with WM tell me. I know that politicians obfuscate the truth. My point is that that's what Salmond has managed to do without anyone from the Yes side questioning him. I have as much faith in them as I do in Salmond except that Salmond hadn't a clue what he was doing and a lot of what he said was being countered by practically every one. That's why he started on the "them" and "us" tactic which seems to have worked.

You know what? You're right. What does Tom Devine know anyway?

:1eye

Tom Devine is an historian. Not a politician although the way he selectively applies definitions and adapts them suggests he has leanings towards this.

You type stuff that has nothing to do with what people are saying.

Like this?

vvvv

Tom Devine > A troll on a fitba forum who doesn't post about fitba.

Imo.

The UK Treasury had previously stated that it would be responsible for all UK debt which had been issued, which would have included all of the Gilts and also all of your Premium Bonds!

Alex Salmond would have used that as a negotiating tool: you let us share sterling, we will take on some of the debt.

There was no obligation to take any share of the debt, the Treasury confirmed its position on that ages ago.

Ok so the treasury confirmed everything that Alex said? Nope. BS

It's also tedious the way that "eminent" historians like him are brought out to ensure that "we've nothing to do with that type of nationalism, we're guid nationalists". Nationalism is nationalism

I'll say again. The N in SNP stands for National, not nationalist. You can live in denial of the hooligan riot that your Nationalists caused the other night but anyone with a beating heart knows that the Vanguard Bears and Scottish Nationals are about as similar as a Labrador and a Wolf.

I'll say again. The N in SNP stands for National, not nationalist. You can live in denial of the hooligan riot that your Nationalists caused the other night but anyone with a beating heart knows that the Vanguard Bears and Scottish Nationals are about as similar as a Labrador and a Wolf.

The Vanguard Bears represent the intellect of this post. Just because Tom Devine has decided that the term Civic Nationalism is only purely representative of the SNP, I should accept that. The Tories are also representative of civic nationalism you clown

The Vanguard Bears represent the intellect of this post. Just because Tom Devine has decided that the term Civic Nationalism is only purely representative of the SNP, I should accept that. The Tories are also representative of civic nationalism you clown

Do you genuinely believe you are more knowledgable than Tom Devine on this subject?

Nationalism actually. I'm uninterested if they were "civic" nationalists or whatever other p**h Tom Devine is spouting these days

It's also tedious the way that "eminent" historians like him are brought out to ensure that "we've nothing to do with that type of nationalism, we're guid nationalists". Nationalism is nationalism

Who's the nationalist here? You're the one with the Brit flag in your avatar. Or is British nationalism somehow different?

Social Conservative? Is that what dickheads call themselves these days?

Shit. I thought it stood for Selfish, spineless, stupid, racist, sectarian bigot. Is that the same as a dickhead?

Shit. I thought it stood for Selfish, spineless, stupid, racist, sectarian bigot. Is that the same as a dickhead?

Where's the evidence? Ahhhh yes like that sh**e paper that Alex wrote.

Please feel free to cite examples of the above in any of my previous posts. If not........

Archived