Scottish Independence

xbl

Thoughts are you are a seething yes voter, its ok though as your political leanings show that you believe its just as important that a man can suck another mans cock than it is that lots of special people live in clouds, gay marriage and religious separation, SNP principles.

Wow! :lol:

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it wasn't that at all. Their concerns for the future are that the UK lapdog would be neutered.

Tellingly, and while speaking against Scottish independence, his ex-wife called the UK one of Americas closest defence allies. Not all that special a relationship any more it would seem.

I'm sure they'd love the idea of Missouri, say, or Kentucky wanting to go back to the way it was. As I may have mentioned, unions have been successful on many levels.

Thoughts are you are a seething yes voter, its ok though as your political leanings show that you believe its just as important that a man can suck another mans cock than it is that lots of special people live in clouds, gay marriage and religious separation, SNP principles.

I'd rather sook 100 "Yes" supporters' boabies whilst wearing a Celtic tap and being videoed by Peter Lawell for later upload to Redtube than be your sort of Unionist.

Haw mods, can we get this homophobic c**t punted?

You're a fucking arsehole

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4214916.ece

"Downing Street risked Scottish anger last night by reassuring Tory MPs that public funds given to Scotland would decrease over time.

The three party leaders vowed to retain the Barnett formula as part of efforts to persuade Scottish voters to remain in the Union. However, since last week’s vote, Tory MPs have voiced anger at the funding model, which grants £1,600 a head more in public money to Scotland than England."

A source at No 10 said that Westminster would keep to its promise to retain the formula, but added that it would reduce as Scotland gained more fiscal powers"

Doesn't that just mean that we have the exciting decision of whether to make cuts in education, health etc. or raise taxes just to make up the shortfall?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4214916.ece

"Downing Street risked Scottish anger last night by reassuring Tory MPs that public funds given to Scotland would decrease over time.

The three party leaders vowed to retain the Barnett formula as part of efforts to persuade Scottish voters to remain in the Union. However, since last week’s vote, Tory MPs have voiced anger at the funding model, which grants £1,600 a head more in public money to Scotland than England."

A source at No 10 said that Westminster would keep to its promise to retain the formula, but added that it would reduce as Scotland gained more fiscal powers"

Doesn't that just mean that we have the exciting decision of whether to make cuts in education, health etc. or raise taxes just to make up the shortfall?

It was common knowledge that was Devo-Max months ago.

Ladies and Gents, a No voter.

What a thoroughly horrific human being.

I'd rather sook 100 "Yes" supporters' boabies whilst wearing a Celtic tap and being videoed by Peter Lawell for later upload to Redtube than be your sort of Unionist. Haw mods, can we get this homophobic c**t punted?

Sectarian apologist attacks poster for homophobic comments. Oh the irony.

It would be good to see the whole article rather than a headline that paints a convenient picture. After all, articles discussing more powers don't seem to be given the same face value...

If Scotland gets tax raising powers, which I think will be delivered, of course the barnett formula will have to show a corresponding decrease in central funding - Scotland will be collecting money itself and can't just get that money twice.

It would be good to see the whole article rather than a headline that paints a convenient picture. After all, articles discussing more powers don't seem to be given the same face value...

If Scotland gets tax raising powers, which I think will be delivered, of course the barnett formula will have to show a corresponding decrease in central funding - Scotland will be collecting money itself and can't just get that money twice.

Agreed. What is enormously important is the mechanism for that - tax raising / lowering should have a direct impact on central funding, not an imputed calculation (so, where the tax is collected centrally, reducing tax by 2p in the pound in Scotland should reduce / increase funding according to what it does to the total tax take, not automatically just shave a % off the block grant).

I finding it very amusing that the biggest amount of greeting being done on here is by those who won the vote.

Christ knows what they would have been like had they lost. :lol:

It's because they believed we would shut up about it afterwards.

If you're passionate about something you don't say, "oh well there's been a bit of a setback with regards to that so I'm going to not do anything related to it for ten to fifteen years".

Archived