Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The complete failure to understand why the odds on No were so low was a general failing in posters.

The nonsense Ross was peddling for example

I should have dismissed as I had done initially, but there are several in the industry who have made large losses off the back of the no vote. That is very unusual.

You just look a bit silly with the "it was the big bad Rangers fans" patter.

Are you denying that the demographic of Rangers fans, along with the elderly, landowners and the wealthy made up a majority of the No vote?

At the end of the day financial uncertainty is the winner. Farmers concerned with losing EU grants and middle-age to older people concerned with losing more money from their pension pots if markets were to plummet with a Yes vote after just coming through a recession. Pound up, markets up this morning. I'm no economist but I have to assume it would have been the opposite with Yes.

Facebook is a fucking bombscare this morning though. Words being banded about such as "shitebags" is ridiculous.

Nail on head, just not the way I think you mean. So many people worried about MY pension, MY mortgage, MY business, MY savings....

Yes was a vote for the future of Scotland.

No was a vote for fear. ignorance or self-interest. The first two could be allayed by research, debate, or education. The last is simply a character trait, and an unlovely one - especially in a society which knows the value of nothing and the price of everything.

"I'm all right, Jock" - Rallying cry of No voters and ,,,, Tories.

The complete failure to understand why the odds on No were so low was a general failing in posters.

The nonsense Ross was peddling for example

You have been very magnanimous today H_B. So what can we do to ensure the vow by Labour and the Tories doesn't get forgotten about and watered down for the 2015 GE?

Nail on head, just not the way I think you mean. So many people worried about MY pension, MY mortgage, MY business, MY savings....

No was a vote for fear. ignorance or self-interest. The first two could be allayed by research, debate, or education. The last is simply a character trait, and an unlovely one - especially in a society which knows the value of nothing and the price of everything.

This.

So very much this.

Are you denying that the demographic of Rangers fans, along with the elderly, landowners and the wealthy made up a majority of the No vote?

I've no idea but I fail to see what relevance it is. You are letting yourself down badly. Can't give no voters any credit for their reasons for voting.

If the some 2 million that voted no you will know how many?

:lol:

Bitter together was it?

The stamping of feet cause I didn't get what I wanted is pleasing.

I've no idea but I fail to see what relevance it is. You are letting yourself down badly. Can't give no voters any credit for their reasons for voting.

If the some 2 million that voted no you will know how many?

I refuse to give praise to fear, self interest, deference, subservience and greed over hope.

55pc of Scotland cant ever moan about a decision made in Westminster again.

Thats my last vote made last night.

Boris and Farage next year.

Diluted new "powers" they bribed you with.

Round of applause.....

I should have dismissed as I had done initially, but there are several in the industry who have made large losses off the back of the no vote. That is very unusual.

No it isn't. That's where you erred.

Bookmakers have even had to give profit warnings after a string of favourites win in football matches. Getting a perfect book is unlikely. A heavily bet favourite winning is rarely good news for the bookmakers.

They tried their best to discourage bets on No but they didn't go long odds on enough clearly.

As blue said, the odds offered on No winning for professionals were just way too attractive.

Archived