Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think longer term labour are absolutely fucked here. They have been absolutely shameless in their behaviour.

Well and truely, I have voted Labour all my life but that has stopped and many more will have the same views, they aligned themselves with the Conservatives and lost a large % of their voters to the yes (me included) who will hopefully be lost to them forever for a party the promotes themselves as the ordinary working class party how come its the opposite spectrum of the vote that has voted with them. They have lost their identity . I hope they do not get 1 Scottish seat at the General Election, they will not win enough English seats to challenge as that vote is shifting to the right in general and UKIP in particular so they will have very very little impact on the political landscape. I can see them no even being the opposition party.

It's no coincidence that virtually every No voter I've seen on TV over the past few days has been either elderly, or English, or both.

I am not so sure though. As I said in my post, the Tories are down to 1 MP in Scotland. They had 20 not so long ago. They still have a core 17 to 20 per cent in the polls though.

Certainly plenty of English about. Many vote SNP. Would be interesting to see the proportion in Orkney though and Edinburgh.

What can one say?

Feel utterly sick today. Trying to look for positives out of this, but just can't find any.

My hope that the Scottish media will keep the spotlight on making sure that Labour and the Tories deliver on their vow and not just switch off, seems fanciful.

I foresee hard times ahead for Scotland now, yet I do hope that those who voted NO, don't come to regret it.

A wee pic doing the rounds just now. Zoom in a bit.

post-53921-14111117729124_thumb.jpg

Worth noting as well that just as gloating following the win is c**t behaviour... so is the woeful end is nigh posting from Yes posters.

Try and learn a bit from the last couple of years eh?

8MileBU, on 19 Sept 2014 - 08:32, said:

I can't cry. Too happy about YES getting trumped.

Seen this on my Facebook, and I agree with it 100%.

"This congratulations and commiserations patter is wrong tae. These weren't fitba teams campaigning for new kits or suhin. This was folk voting on the future of their country. 1.6 million of them spoke out. Is 1.6 million people being unhappy something to celebrate? Be happy about your decision being the one that prevailed aye, but if you're content with 45% of your co-habitants wanting this "family of nations" to get a divorce, then you don't get the point."

Basically, you're a c**t.

:lol:

Take it you only like democracy when it goes your way?

I have no issue with democracy. That's fine.

Rangers fans, landowners, the elderly and the middle classes voting out of self interest is the pisser for me.

I fully accept the vote. Doesn't stop me being disgusted with it.

I can't cry. Too happy about YES getting trumped.

Knew the Yes side were probably humped when I was on a twitter trend map yesterday and Bo'ness and lots of villages in Banff and Buchan were flashing a constant stream of No's. If traditional SNP strongholds weren't on board the numbers were not going to be there.

Seen this on my Facebook, and I agree with it 100%.

"This congratulations and commiserations patter is wrong tae. These weren't fitba teams campaigning for new kits or suhin. This was folk voting on the future of their country. 1.6 million of them spoke out. Is 1.6 million people being unhappy something to celebrate? Be happy about your decision being the one that prevailed aye, but if you're content with 45% of your co-habitants wanting this "family of nations" to get a divorce, then you don't get the point."

Basically, you're a c**t.

I agree with that... but it works both ways. Had Yes won there would be wild celebrations. Im pretty sure the person posting that wouldn't have been giving a f**k about the 45%.

Knew the Yes side were probably humped when I was on a twitter trend map yesterday and Bo'ness and lots of villages in Banff and Buchan were flashing a constant stream of No's. If traditional SNP strongholds weren't on board the numbers were not going to be there.

After timing.

You said nothing of the sort last night.

After timing.

You said nothing of the sort last night.

Wasn't convinced on the bookie thing being based on inside knowledge, doesn't mean I thought there was going to be a Yes by that point. I went to sleep before the Clackmannanshire result and didn't watch the results as I had initially planned to do because I could see which way the wind was blowing.

Archived