Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually really confident it will be a yes tomorrow. Don't even think it will be that close. 59-41 yes at a minimum I think

Me too mate. I'm growing more confident.

f**k it, I'm changing my 55% Yes 45% No to 56% Yes 44% No.

:)

Me too mate. I'm growing more confident.

f**k it, I'm changing my 55% Yes 45% No to 56% Yes 44% No.

:)

I'm really buzzing mate for tomorrow. 2 of my family members were no voters now they are both voting yes. My auld man, sister, brother and hopefully my mum will be voting yes. yas%21.gif

I seriously cannot wait until tomorrow night. It's going to be emotional for sure.

It's hilarious to me that people are replying seriously to robroy's post. However is this a Scottish issue or Westminster?

I'm not big on politics. I know some issue's are Scottish issues and some issue's are Westminister issue's.

We get Free prescriptions thanks to the Scottish Parliament. Westminister controls immigration issue's i think.

Anyway i'm voting NO.

Thanks to everyone who helped me decide!

This popped up on my Facebook from a mutual friend from England and living in England:

"Salmond et al are coming out with some shite, makes me want to emigrate to anywhere that's not the UK..... Feel quite upset, even if Scotland votes no, it will go on and on until the b*****ds get the 'right' vote."

:lol:

3 no voters I know.

1 today has told me his head is saying no, but his heart is saying yes, he says he is now undecided.

2 others say they want a change, but are scared we f**k up.

I've told the 3 of them to sit there and think, "do I trust the people of Scotland to look after themselves, to make the right choice, and to be an independent country?" They have there answer after that question.

That's very bad. I can't believe my eyes that I'll witness the disintegration of the British Empire during my lifetime.

I feel sorry for you.

If I don't give a flying f**k about Britain and it's deed empire and I care equally little whether you feel sorry for me.

So I wouldn't worry about it petal.

This popped up on my Facebook from a mutual friend from England and living in England:

"Salmond et al are coming out with some shite, makes me want to emigrate to anywhere that's not the UK..... Feel quite upset, even if Scotland votes no, it will go on and on until the b*****ds get the 'right' vote."

:lol:

The English boy kens the score 8)

That's very bad. I can't believe my eyes that I'll witness the disintegration of the British Empire during my lifetime.

I feel sorry for you.

Chin up, no matter what happens you'll always have the Falklands, Gibraltar and the shit bit of Ireland.

People sitting there saying they are scared they're going to lose their country.

The United Kingdom is not a country.

It's a union, a union that has used, and abused the welsh, Irish, Scotland, Ireland seen it and bailed out, we can be a nation again.

Just with the recent scaremongering about Europe .

On Europe Union Membership

I don’t think this will be a problem as every Scottish person is already a European citizen through the UK.

I know this was posted before:

Former European Parliament president Pat Cox of talks sence about an independent Scotland's entry and membership. Regardless of the BBC News badgering 9 September 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NcuGVtGfY ..

The guy is more in the know than the Spanish or Italian leaders.

Just a couple of quotes on people qualified to comment on the issue.

Pat Cox, former President of the European Parliament explains,” the EU is a democratic enabler - there would be a strong case for admitting Scotland as soon as possible into the EU”

Sionaidh Douglas-Scott, Professor of European and Human Rights Law at the University of Oxford, says this "the doctrine of EU citizenship cannot by itself engender automatic membership of the EU for an independent Scotland. It would be necessary for the treaties to be amended. However, we should not underestimate the central importance of EU citizenship to the issue of an independent Scotland’s EU membership.."

Aidan O'Neill QC argues in eutopia law (14/11/11)

‘rather than analyze the matter from the classic viewpoint of public international law . . . EU law requires one to look at the issue from the viewpoint of the individual EU citizen.’

No other outcome seems defensible from the standpoint of the citizen.

ie Scotland will get in.

Source

http://www.neweuropeans.net/article/428/whatever-happens-scotland-its-citizens-will-still-be-citizens-europe

People sitting there saying they are scared they're going to lose their country.

The United Kingdom is not a country.

It's a union, a union that has used, and abused the welsh, Irish, Scotland, Ireland seen it and bailed out, we can be a nation again.

And the North of England tbf. Not that we can do anything about that, apart from show them a better way.

DA EMPIRE's on its last legs clearly. I just hope I can get mad wae it tomorrow, instead of decades down the line.

Archived