Scottish Independence

xbl

I haven't read the white paper (surprise) and as I have no vote, I haven't done any research but I have a question. The way the ballot question is worded, it seems to me that if the YES vote won, the UK government could just say "Thanks for your input." End of.

They couldn't do that. Could they?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad and mother sat down with my undecided sister and asked what her opinion was. They're both no votes and I'm a yes.

She said she was still undecided on what to vote for, they handed her both a yes booklet and a no leaflet to read and told her if she didn't know do some research.

Was quite surprised at that. She's told me she's leaning to a yes vote, but because she couldn't see as much facts in the no stuff she got given, in her own words "a bunch of people saying they love the union, not a single figure isn't enough to convince me."

My mum is still undecided and i'm really trying to get her to vote yes.

My mum is still undecided and i'm really trying to get her to vote yes.

My mum still pretends to be and is pretty nonchalantly uninformed. Me, my two brothers and my Dad have all spoken at length to her many times and I'm 100% sure that she'll do the right thing on the day as she knows how passionate we are about it.

I think we'll all be heading to the polling station together as a family anyway so there's no way she would have the heart to vote against her own childrens' aspirations in front of their faces. Hopefully anyway.

Dimbers somewhat surprisingly getting stuck in and making a lot of good points against Brown.

I thought that as well. By comparison I thought he was pretty easy on Salmond, relatively speaking.

Maybe the BBC are trying to make up for their bias? Or perhaps some are just extremely annoyed at how poor the BT campaign has been?

Just watched a report on CBS here in the States. The reporter said the US only wants Scotland to remain in the UK because of the nukes.

Interestingly Alex alluded to a potential extended stay in Faslane due to the "length of negotiations". I always thought their removal was his priority. However he "always said it would take 5 years" to remove them and we all know that Alex "never lies". :rolleyes:

Interestingly Alex alluded to a potential extended stay in Faslane due to the "length of negotiations". I always thought their removal was his priority. However he "always said it would take 5 years" to remove them and we all know that Alex "never lies". :rolleyes:

Do you know the meaning of the word 'negotiations'?

Trident is definitely going in the event of a Yes vote. The timeline for removal is probably something that could be negotiated.

Way to go and make everything about Salmond once again.

Do you know the meaning of the word 'negotiations'?

Trident is definitely going in the event of a Yes vote. The timeline for removal is probably something that could be negotiated.

That, "assumption" "scaremongering" "bias" and "worth the risk" seem to be the most frequently used words and phrases in the Yes campaign.

It's notable that when questioned about the currency "negotiations" Alex alluded to "reasonable timelines for removal". Bit less anxious to remove them immediately.....

Archived