Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the bizarrest set of reasons imaginable for voting No. Though I am concerned about an increased severity of anti-Englishness in the case of a No vote, I can't see there being any more bad feelings than usual coming the other direction no matter the outcome of the referendum.

Quick question - there's a lot of random first-posters on here right now, can I ask what directed you towards this forum in particular to talk about this? Cheers.

Google put this forum at the top for scottish independence forum

Well? Are you happy with the media and Westminster's performance over the past few days, especially yesterday?

I'm surprised that none of the defenders of justice and fair play aren't all over yesterday's happenings.

Thanks for that, bob! :1eye

I have no love for bullshit politics nor media propaganda of any leaning, regardless of the geographic location it's emanating from nor the accent of the monkeys pulling the levers.

My pleasure mate :lol:

I do realise that there is bullshit from all sides in politics. I am however disgusted at the whitewash we've had to endure from not just the ruling establishment but the media and business side too. I would hate for what is meant to be a democracy, and maybe progress for the betterment of democracy, be stifled and shoved out the way in such a bullying fashion. Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

I'm surprised that none of the defenders of justice and fair play aren't all over yesterday's happenings.

Yesterday was almost a whitewash. Wall to wall coverage of nothing more than manufactured shite. Manufactured to keep the Scottish public under control and in their back pockets. Truly shameful, and it will never be forgotten.

Independence from Scotland would be a fantastic thing for most of England. It would force them to scrutinise their political set up and will lead to decentrlisation from London, and a rebalancing of the economy away from the over bloated and massively dangerous financial sector. This will not happen if Scotland votes No. You'll all continue to be f*cked. Most of England should be praying for a Yes vote.

It is amazing how some people who are about to vote No next week have no clue what is going to happen if there is a YES vote.

I was just talking to someone who said that the reason he was voting no is that there is no way we would be ready for Independence next week, i had to point out to him that did he not realise in event of a YES vote we had 18 months to sort things out,he was actually really shocked by this,we need to educate some people fast lol

Another "unbiased" media scare story put to bed.

This just out from TSB

"In the event of a Yes vote, it is clear that independence will not happen straight away and there would be a period of time between the referendum and implementation of independence, which we expect would provide sufficient time for us to consider and implement any necessary changes."

WE need to fight this campaign of Fear and lies with everything we have

This from Canon Kenyon Wright

""Again and again a Westminster government we did not elect claimed the right to impose policies we rejected and an ideology we do not accept. Devolution has no answer for that," Canon Wright said.

"The tactics used by 'No' simply prove that they fail to understand how deeply that principle of Scotland's right is rooted in our history.

"First there was the stick to threaten us. Now the carrot to tempt us."

that's not what I said. your not bothered what implications it means for rest of uk. doesn't even come into the argument.

The UK is committed to the right of self determination. We would not, and neither care to, have an input in for example the determination of the people of the Falklands Islands.

Yesterday was almost a whitewash. Wall to wall coverage of nothing more than manufactured shite. Manufactured to keep the Scottish public under control and in their back pockets. Truly shameful, and it will never be forgotten.

If a caption had sprung up with "the BBC is now under the control of North Korea" I would not have been surprised.

The UK is committed to the right of self determination. We would not, and neither care to, have an input in for example the determination of the people of the Falklands Islands.

you would be controlled financially by the bank of England though? not only that you would no longer have any representatives at all on the government of that foreign country. that's not scare mongering that's what the situation will be.

Archived