Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you actually get a wee blue book? Quickly.

I picked up a few on way back to my hotel from the Yes 'shop' on Morningside.

I'm not a huge fan of the Rev, but think he's toned it down somewhat for twbb.

Whoever called out frightening was correct.

The yes campaign claiming that bp and standard life are scaremongering reminds me of the episode of South Park where the whole town bury their heads in the sand

That's weird. I don't remember Standard Life leaving Scotland like they promised in 1999. But that was a whole 15 years ago, so that's obviously ancient history and has no chance of repeating itself.

(They didn't even say they'd leave this time, but they were planning on moving things around as needs be)

It's not the Mail's view, but at an editorial level they decided to put it on the front page in big letters (with a convenient disclaimer). Typical London-based MSM crap. Murdoch will no doubt give the go ahead for the 'Scottish edition' of the Sun to support independence (he likes to back the winning horse), while the English edition will continue to berate us for having the temerity to think we can go it alone.

I agree and if you have been reading the Mail over last few years various of their columnists have come out with very similar anti Scottish rhetoric and propaganda,i can also assure you that if we do vote NO next week the Daily mail will turn on us like a pack of rabid dogs.

They will be amongst the first of the English tabloids to argue that we should not be getting as many concessions.

If the Tories are in power it will be even worse and the Mail will be one of leading voices in saying we should get as few extra powers as possible.

Archived