Scottish Independence

xbl

If the Sun were to announce they were in favour of Scottish Independence in tomorrow's paper, I'd wager that'd take the gloss off Cameron, Clegg and Miliband's daytrip quite a bit. Can't see it happening, and the longer they leave it the less I think they'll back independence.

The Sun are not backing independence, we had to request information from them regarding this as it could have produced a high volume of calls from people wanting to add papers to their order if this was the case

The Sun said "any rumours about the Sun backing a yes vote are nonsense"

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Newsnight just now on BBC2, the build up they gave Curious George was cringe worthy.

Talked about how his just say naw tour had sparked life into the debate and has packed out town halls up and down the country.

Like here in Paisley, cuts to him taking the stage in Paisley Town Hall where the upper tier of seats are completely empty and the seats on the floor are about half full.

Belter of a man.

For every half empty NO meeting there are 20 full YES meetings, your precious polls and NO politicians arrogantly ignored this fact, we'll find out next week who's tour has grabbed the imagination of the people.

Has BT's campaign been organised by the ghost of Peter Sellars? It's turning into pure fucking slapstick.

BT have taken a back seat to the Labour No campaign, It was good to hear Bernard pull up Darling about this

BT have taken a back seat to the Labour No campaign, It was good to hear Bernard pull up Darling about this

Should have also pulled him up when he said there were coherent policies with a timetable. Missed the easy one.

Can anyone from the No side tell me what the offer is. I don't want to hear that it is what the three parties offered in the summer, just tell me exactly what the offer is on:

1. Income Tax

2. Corporation Tax

3. Wealth Taxes

4. APD

5. Stamp Duty

6. VAT

7. Eastenders (At AberdeenBud's suggestion!)

Thanks/

Should have also pulled him up when he said there were coherent policies with a timetable. Missed the easy one.

Can anyone from the No side tell me what the offer is. I don't want to hear that it is what the three parties offered in the summer, just tell me exactly what the offer is on:

1. Income Tax

2. Corporation Tax

3. Wealth Taxes

4. APD

5. Stamp Duty

6. VAT

Thanks/

7. Eastenders

1. Income Tax

2. Corporation Tax

3. Wealth Taxes

4. APD

5. Stamp Duty

6. VAT

Thanks/

This is the thing that pisses me off,what Darling described is a new policy offer not the 3 offers that were forwarded and dismissed months ago.

Only it isn't really a policy, just an agreement to talk to each other about policies.

No, they were supposed to be putting forward a timetable for the 3 offers, Darling described a process that cobbles together the 3 offers.

For every half empty NO meeting there are 20 full YES meetings, your precious polls and NO politicians arrogantly ignored this fact, we'll find out next week who's tour has grabbed the imagination of the people.

Poor choice of phrase, chap. The People ken the score ;)

Poor choice of phrase, chap. The People ken the score ;)

I was posting to non dafties, naeluck.

I am pretty sure that all three of them appreciated that. Meanwhile I was making a ham-fisted attempt at self-depracating humour.

I am pretty sure that all three of them appreciated that. Meanwhile I was making a ham-fisted attempt at self-depracating humour.

Fortunately for yourself I don't judge you or your opinion by your team, there are others on here that I would have viewed differently, unfortunately for them they aren't bright enough to be self-deprecating.

I do sense from talking to a few people and looking at some social media sites that whilst the YES campaign is continuing to do well there is definitely a slight hardening of the NO vote over last few days.

I fear that whilst most voters will not be swayed by the non stop pro union anti independence drivel from the 3 stooges

(Cameron,Miliband and Brown) and the relentless barrage from National or should i say English News channels

it is having a slight effect.

It has been shown in past that fear tactics can be quite successful in a close fought election so it is up to every YES voter

as well as putting forward positively the case for Independence to point out all the lies,myths and propaganda from the NO side

as well as the consequences of a NO vote.

I do sense from talking to a few people and looking at some social media sites that whilst the YES campaign is continuing to do well there is definitely a slight hardening of the NO vote over last few days.

I fear that whilst most voters will not be swayed by the non stop pro union anti independence drivel from the 3 stooges(Cameron,Miliband and Brown) and the relentless barge from National or should i say English News channels it is having a slight effect.It has been shown in past that fear tactics can be quite successful in a close fought election so it is up to every YES voter as well as putting forward positively the case for Independence to point out all the lies,myths and propaganda from the NO side as well as the consequences of a NO vote.

word salad

Archived