Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm nervy as hell just now, trying to tell myself in alternating spells that we were never going to win anyway and that folk aren't stupid enough to fall for all the No campaign shit of late.

I dunno. It's going to be wall to wall shit for the next 9 days, the media has renounced any attempt to impartiality, so we hope and pray that the stuff that has served Yes so well to date, the grassroots, social media led campaign keeps on going for just a little while longer.

I'll be absolutely gutted if it's a No vote. Gutted. We're just getting shit thrown at us left, right and centre and it's only going to intensify from tomorrow and the next 8 days after that. I'm hopeful Yes can hang on, but if it does, it truly will be a turn up for the books.

I'm nervy as hell just now, trying to tell myself in alternating spells that we were never going to win anyway and that folk aren't stupid enough to fall for all the No campaign shit of late.

I dunno. It's going to be wall to wall shit for the next 9 days, the media has renounced any attempt to impartiality, so we hope and pray that the stuff that has served Yes so well to date, the grassroots, social media led campaign keeps on going for just a little while longer.

Some folk are completely stupid enough to fall for it.

Interviews from Kirkcaldy High Street a minute ago on the news. To be fair two folk slated the current intervention. One woman said people were anxious (i.e. shiteing it) and that Gordon Brown's intervention would reassure them.

Agree that the news seems to have got a bit more pro-UK at the moment.

Some folk are completely stupid enough to fall for it.

Interviews from Kirkcaldy High Street a minute ago on the news. To be fair two folk slated the current intervention. One woman said people were anxious (i.e. shiteing it) and that Gordon Brown's intervention would reassure them.

Enough folk aren't stupid enough to fall for it, would be a better way to phrase it, I guess.

It's actually morbidly impressive watching the full apparatus of the British state, the entirety of the political elite, corporate media and vested interests, all lining up with nary a whiff of dissent to carpet bomb us with their pleading rethoric and veiled threats. It just goes to show how self perpetuating their system is, how little real difference exists between the lot of them.

I think the opposite actually. Mainstream media was pretty much dismissive, now the shock has hit them it's been a mix of surprise and lovebombing. Now the London-centric media are doing what they always do (whether it's the national football or cricket teams) and started to turn on themselves.

I honestly think the gamble of the 3 stooges coming North could massively backfire if the rUK press smell blood. If they do it could be a feeding frenzy. Not that the press would do it for the benefit of Scotland they would just do it because it would generate column inches (oo-er missus).

No, no elected tories ever. thats the point.

The current UK Gov managed a whopping 3rd and 4th place finish in Scotland at the last General Election. Tories not even good enough for a bronze medal

Surely that's incorrect. Lib Dems were second were they not ?

I think the opposite actually. Mainstream media was pretty much dismissive, now the shock has hit them it's been a mix of surprise and lovebombing. Now the London-centric media are doing what they always do (whether it's the national football or cricket teams) and started to turn on themselves.

I honestly think the gamble of the 3 stooges coming North could massively backfire if the rUK press smell blood. If they do it could be a feeding frenzy. Not that the press would do it for the benefit of Scotland they would just do it because it would generate column inches (oo-er missus).

I'm also hoping the 3 stooges/amigos trip North is a lead balloon.

The TV news I've caught over the last 24 hours has been almost all No. Saw a wee bit of Salmond a minute ago, but that's about it. Last evening/night was just mental, but I suppose the news was all about No then, as they went into panic mode and were promising magic beans and beanstalks for all.

Enough folk aren't stupid enough to fall for it, would be a better way to phrase it, I guess.

It's actually morbidly impressive watching the full apparatus of the British state, the entirety of the political elite, corporate media and vested interests, all lining up with nary a whiff of dissent to carpet bomb us with their pleading rethoric and veiled threats. It just goes to show how self perpetuating their system is, how little real difference exists between the lot of them.

Well 2 out of 3 (possibly after an edit) weren't stupid enough, in a small area of Kirkcaldy High Street. Not sure how representative that is of the nation.

I'm also hoping the 3 stooges/amigos trip North is a lead balloon.

The TV news I've caught over the last 24 hours has been almost all No. Saw a wee bit of Salmond a minute ago, but that's about it. Last evening/night was just mental, but I suppose the news was all about No then, as they went into panic mode and were promising magic beans and beanstalks for all.

I've watched a few different news channels today and the coverage has not been as bad as I would have thought. It's generally been portrayed as a panic measure. That won't help the NO campaign.

I've watched a few different news channels today and the coverage has not been as bad as I would have thought. It's generally been portrayed as a panic measure. That won't help the NO campaign.

Which is credit to the yes campaign as they have pretty much dictated what line the media have went down reporting this. They branded it campaign panic and it's stuck.

I'll be absolutely gutted if it's a No vote. Gutted. We're just getting shit thrown at us left, right and centre and it's only going to intensify from tomorrow and the next 8 days after that. I'm hopeful Yes can hang on, but if it does, it truly will be a turn up for the books.

It'd be a bit like when you come back from 2 down with a couple of minutes to go and then the opposition knock in a dodgy one in the last minute of injury time. Sometimes it's better just to get pumped.

Just watching Newsnight, thought Sillars was a bit cringey at points tbh. There's much, much, better advocates of Independence out there.

Maybe I just haven't caught enough news. The interviews of random English people will surely help the Yes vote. On the news just now and it's car crash stuff. Basically they should all get a vote to see whether they'll allow us independence and we should get no more powers.

Archived