Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankie Boyle should get a hefty kick to the sacks for not turning up. Has it been mentioned why or was he never going to appear in the first place..?

Frankie Boyle hates this sort of shit, I'm surprised he agreed to it and not surprised he said "f**k this". He should have done that beforehand though. It's like sorting out your team for 5s and telling others they don't need to turn up as you have the numbers only for someone to dingy you.

He still makes a better case for the union than anyone else I have seen so far.

His point about Scotland having plenty of Tories is a very important one - and he's the only person I've heard say it.

He does to an extent, but you just look at the case for Scotland staying in the UK; Bradford and Westminster. He never once mentioned the people of Scotland's wishes or aspirations.

Frankie Boyle hates this sort of shit, I'm surprised he agreed to it and not surprised he said "f**k this". He should have done that beforehand though. It's like sorting out your team for 5s and telling others they don't need to turn up as you have the numbers only for someone to dingy you.

He does to an extent, but you just look at the case for Scotland staying in the UK; Bradford and Westminster. He never once mentioned the people of Scotland's wishes or aspirations.

He pointed out that it could lead to a race to the bottom as both Scotland and the rUK compete for investment. That's not a ridiculous suggestion.

There is a huge amount of stuff connected with post Yes negotiations - and that creates a level of uncertainty. Yes has to deny this but it doesn't make them right.

It's what might happen to undo that work by peddling lies and vitriol which worries me.

same here after watching STV go round Glasgow earlier and listening to their responses there is a shitload of folk who are extremely gullible will soak up every word Galloway is saying

What worries me also is some on here are also so buoyed by a Poll showing Yes marginally in the lead that they are starting to get complacent in their views. It is neck and neck folks. Despite Cameron and Co coming up they will be talking to a lot of people and it will get widespread coverage 24/7. This is the time to work your hardest on every social media you know to get the Dk to come round to Yes and even a few No voters. Every single vote counts and keep it up those guys here who are out pounding the streets it is very much appreciated. Remember momentum is like a swing and can very quickly go the other way

The trick is to have faith in your fellow Scot. It's a democratic process, you can't complain if they vote No. Considering the overwhelming odds, it's been a monumental task to get it this far.

I would have been a lot more disheartened if the Yes vote had tailed off in other polls, but it seems to be holding firm. OK, we all know YG were polling Yes low so the kick has been exaggerated, but other polls have reflected a similar increase albeit not as large. The figure is pretty much 50/50 and it's really all to play for. There is no point in getting downbeat now, because if you put out a sense of gloom then it gets transferred to others around you and the domino effect will happen.

The trick is to have faith in your fellow Scot. It's a democratic process, you can't complain if they vote No. Considering the overwhelming odds, it's been a monumental task to get it this far.

I would have been a lot more disheartened if the Yes vote had tailed off in other polls, but it seems to be holding firm. OK, we all know YG were polling Yes low so the kick has been exaggerated, but other polls have reflected a similar increase albeit not as large. The figure is pretty much 50/50 and it's really all to play for. There is no point in getting downbeat now, because if you put out a sense of gloom then it gets transferred to others around you and the domino effect will happen.

No gloom here just trying to keep it real, complacency is a bigger danger to Yes I feel than anything else.

If the Sun were to announce they were in favour of Scottish Independence in tomorrow's paper, I'd wager that'd take the gloss off Cameron, Clegg and Miliband's daytrip quite a bit. Can't see it happening, and the longer they leave it the less I think they'll back independence.

Can a No voter, any No voter please clarify exactly why David Cameron is cancelling PMQ's to come up to Scotland to beg for people to vote No when he has repeatedly explicitly said that this was a choice for the people of Scotland and that he wouldn't involve himself?

Not a No voter.

It's almost certainly because the halfwits in Scottish Labour couldn't run a raffle never mind a referendum campaign.

No gloom here just trying to keep it real, complacency is a bigger danger to Yes I feel than anything else.

I think the perma-seethe from the pro-union press will keep most on their toes.

The fact that Quebec lost by the most narrow of margins despite being ahead is also a good spur. That said the Canadian government used every dirty trick in the book from bussing in non Quebecans to hold rallies, overspending on the agreed budgets to offering Canadian passports to non Canadian citizens who were registered to vote.

If the Sun were to announce they were in favour of Scottish Independence in tomorrow's paper, I'd wager that'd take the gloss off Cameron, Clegg and Miliband's daytrip quite a bit. Can't see it happening, and the longer they leave it the less I think they'll back independence.

The Sun is not coming out in favour, if it was then Salmond would have hinted at it in the interview tonight. I think the best we can hope for is no killer blow (a la Kinnock).

Heard a lassie on radio on my way home tonight. She was being asked about child care. She was a NO voter. What she came away with left me speechless.

Along the lines of " we have the powers to deliver child care the now but we don't have it so I'm voting NO coz I don't want to jeopardise what we already have".

What can you say to that kind of logic?

I think the perma-seethe from the pro-union press will keep most on their toes.

The fact that Quebec lost by the most narrow of margins despite being ahead is also a good spur. That said the Canadian government used every dirty trick in the book from bussing in non Quebecans to hold rallies, overspending on the agreed budgets to offering Canadian passports to non Canadian citizens who were registered to vote.

Thank *uck the UKG are not capable of that kind of thing.

What can you say to that kind of logic?

You try your best to explain it. Not every will want to hear it nor will they even understand the point you are making. It's all about giving the message you want to deliver in the package the person wants to see it in. So long as you feel you've tried then that's fair enough, isn't it?

There was someone on here who was saying they used the analogy of a girlfriend with a rotten boyfriend, and that seems a fairly easy way to appeal to people who don't want to hear about politics.

Archived