Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked you first.

:lol:

I said he pointed out what a p***k Salmond was for doing it.

Oh, dear.

Fail.

Brilliant. Could you sound any less of a petulant child?

I remember the last time I pointed out your own failing when being pedantic. You tried to back up your claim then stormed out of the thread and refused to answer me.

:lol:

Oh, dear.

Brilliant. Could you sound any less of a petulant child?

I remember the last time I pointed out your own failing when being pedantic. You tried to back up your claim then stormed out of the thread and refused to answer me.

Yup!

As predicted...

But there is resentment of the English, and it's clear, Salmond is one of them.

Aye, Eck hates the English so much his Education Secretary is an Englishman. And his Sports Minister was born in England. And his Westminster Leader was..........you get the drift.

Mate, You haven't got a fucking clue. Away and play with the traffic.

Of course I can :-

In an interview with the Sunday Times he said had met Mr Salmond after winning the US Open in 2012.

‘He seemed perfectly nice to me but I didn’t like it when he [salmond] got the Scottish flag up at Wimbledon,’ Murray said.

In an interview with the Sunday Times he said had met Mr Salmond after winning the US Open in 2012.

‘He seemed perfectly nice to me but I didn’t like it when he [salmond] got the Scottish flag up at Wimbledon,’ Murray said.

So saying "I didn't like it" is the same as point out he is a p***k?

Mmm.. now let's look at your "evidence" of "Cameron going nuts".

A source close to

(Sorry, what?)

the Prime Minister said Mr Cameron thought the First Minister’s gesture “didn’t feel right, because it was a day for sport, not politics”.

So, :-

a) That won't be a quote from Cameron at all - swing and a miss

b) That quote, from some random, doesn't exactly equate to "going nuts" about it does it?

Other than that, great work :lol:

Aces!

Can we agree that you're both right and stop this in it's tracks?

Can we agree that you're both right and stop this in it's tracks?

Nope.

Cameron quite clearly did not "go nuts" about Salmond embarrassing himself at Wimbledon. I actually expect he was quite pleased to see the fat mess making a dick of himself. It backfired on Salmond. Even Nats were embarrassed by his cockery.

To quote you back...

Mmm.. now let's look at your "evidence" of "Andy Murray pointing out what a p***k Salmond was"

I didn't like it

So, good work yourself there.

As for the link I posted why did you assume I meant someone else when I mentioned Cameron?

"Fail" or "swing and a miss" or any other number of phrases a child would use when they are desperately scrambling to win an online debate.

From the same article.

It is understood that the Prime Minister is so confident of victory he “wishes the referendum could be held tomorrow”.

I bet you he wishes it had been.

How is that admitting lying.

I replied to someone else that i did not intend to troll.

But I am happy trolling you beacause you are an intolerant little hypocrite.

someone who claims to be an anti nazi yet bubbles with partisan hate and resentment.

See, you're doing it now, you just can't help yourself.

Cameron quite clearly did not "go nuts" about Salmond embarrassing himself at Wimbledon.

Murray quite clearly did not "point out what a p***k Salmond was".

So... where does that leave us? You tried to pick me up in your typical pedantic style, yet once again you look a fool for trying to suggest everything you say is open to interpretation while anything anyone else says is immutable.

As for the link I posted why did you assume I meant someone else when I mentioned Cameron?

I assumed your evidence to support "Cameron going nuts" about it might have actually been evidence that Cameron went nuts about it.

As it is, you failed miserably with your Google search and instead we got a mild quote from some random.

So, you have failed miserably. Your claim was in fact utter bollocks (as we knew anyway).

Don't leave it at that, I would love to hear what you have to say about the "currency union" between the Czechs and Slovaks.

Sorry for the lateness in replying - had to rush to the hospital last night with my mother-in-law. See http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2011-11-18/the-demise-of-monetary-unions-past-czechoslovakia

When the Slovak National Council passed a declaration of sovereignty on July 17, Czech and Slovak leaders agreed that the union would have to dissolve. After extended negotiations, the break up was formally agreed by parliament in November and Czechoslovakia was set to be dissolved on December 31, 1992.

Anticipating the break-up, koruna had already been flowing from Slovakia to the Czech proto-republic, in whose stronger economy depositors placed more faith.

Although the final break-up deal sought to mitigate the economic impact by agreeing that monetary union would continue for at least the first six months of 1993 — with provisions to extend it further, if both governments agreed — the flow of koruna out of Slovakia became a torrent after the split was announced.

In the event, the monetary union survived for just six weeks after the two countries went their separate ways.

As early as January 19, the ongoing run on Slovak banks had unnerved the Czech authorities to such an extent that they decided as to break up the union, according to Jan Firdmurc of Tilburg University and Julius Horvath of the University of Bonn.

After securing Slovak agreement, on February 2 it was announced that the monetary union would end six days later.

During the intervening period, the border was closed to prevent Slovaks escaping the expected devaluation of their currency by carrying their koruna into the Czech Republic. In both countries, existing koruna were exchanged for the new currencies — with old notes being made valid by an official stamp. Limits were also placed on withdrawals from banks.

As those Slovakians who had moved currency into Czech banks in 1992 had predicted, once the smoke had cleared the new Czech koruna appreciated, while the Slovak koruna tumbled.

Although questions of national identity were at stake in Czechoslovakia's break-up, Firdmurc and Horvath primarily blame a lack of labour mobility — as well as the sudden removal of fiscal transfers – for the collapse of its monetary union.

In the Czechoslovakian case, although the split hit GDP in the short term — falling around 1% in the Czech Republic, and 4% in Slovakia, in 1993 — recovery proved to be relatively swift, with both countries returning to growth the following year, according to Firdmurc and Horvath.

If a customs union and common labour market can be maintained, they write, the costs of breaking up a currency union can be limited: “While formation of a monetary union is a tedious job of many years, its dissolution can occur quickly and does not need to be very costly.”

The whole issue here was uncertainty or rather lack of confidence in the industrialised Slovak economy - in the long run both countries did recover and recover well - but only after establishing seperate currencies. That's not to say the same would happen here.

However there is clearly a risk when we don't know if there is going to be a currency union and (more importantly) the terms of a currency union - financial speculators will go with where they can think there is less risk - hence why they are selling pounds and buying dollars. Shares in companies in Scotland are being sold for exactly the same reasons.

Before anyone jumps on me you'll notice I have emphasised think - that does not mean that investing is Scottish companies is more risky - just the perception (of some investors) that it is.

Archived