Scottish Independence

xbl

What part is waffle?

2% minium GDP for new NATO members ?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/23/us-nato-members-increase-defence-spending

http://online.wsj.com/articles/nato-leaders-to-vow-to-lift-military-spending-1409832341

Estonian security officer abducted in Estonia?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/05/estonian-security-officer-abducted-border-russia

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/5/6110037/estonia-russia-officer-kidnapped

or the fact Salmond is being quiet about the fact Scotland must keep the same level of defence to join NATO?

Tell me what part was waffle?

The suggestion that Salmond has u-turned on Trident.

The inference that Independence is about Salmond.

The suggestion that the minimum 2% defence contribution was decided on this week in Wales.

The inference that NATO members actually contribute 2% (Estonia do apparently - most do not).

The whataboutery in even raising the 2% defence contribution.

The waffle about an Estonian security officer, WW3 etc.

If I've missed anything let me know.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh-up, Bill. Have you got round to answering the question I put to you 4 days ago? You seemed to have avoided the thread I posted it on, despite you starting it, yet continue to post elsewhere on the forum.

Don't even know what you are blathering on about chuck?

So Cameron is heading up tomorrow, and about time too that he put his head above the parapet!! the pussy footing around those who the government don’t wish to offend has been a pointless exercise.

Those who will dismiss him as a posh English Etonian twat who should keep his nose out, are already firmly entrenched in the Yes camp, he won’t win them back, leave them, to it.

but I’d like the True undecided voters to have the chance to hear what he has to say as the current Prime Minister of the UK. I’m no fan of his but surely he’s got to have a say on the future of the Union ffs, he has been badly advised keeping his council until the last minute, bollo*ks to that, let’s hear it and it had better be good!!

Salmond has had a free run against a failing Scottish Labour party who have made a complete ar*e of the No campaign, what credibility does Brown, Darling and Milliband have following their last tenure at the helm?

Your last chance Mr Cameron, make it count, if it’s a Yes next Thurs, you’ll have to pack your f*cking bags and take that sad bunch on the opposing bench with you.

The reality on the ground is that rather than halting the flood of NO/DK to YES, Cameron and Co now need to win a considerable chunk of voters back.

The reality on the ground is that rather than halting the flood of NO/DK to YES, Cameron and Co now need to win a considerable chunk of voters back.

Too little, far too late, IMO.

I have always said that BTUKOK have banked on the Scottish electorate being far more stupid than they actually are.

We don't like being telt.

Unlucks, nawbags.

Don't even know what you are blathering on about chuck?

No, clearly you don't. Despite me asking you to reply many times and you ignoring them, however I now have your undivided attention take your mind back to the Footballers for No thread and this question..

..could you list which of those who are supporting the Union actually live in Scotland, and more importantly are registered to vote?

You'll forgive me, your patronising rubbish is very difficult to follow sometimes. Still at least we have put the "you must have the Euro issue".

Personally I think if you get your wish of independence, it will be contested somehow. I mean the legality of it will be called into question. The problem then is the backlash, once the nationalisim ball has stated rolling it's hard to stop and it destorys lives. It's already happening to a point, and Scotland could have problems from infighting.

I wish you all the best, I don't intend to anoy you, troll you or patronise, just wish people would reconsider. I don't consider Scotlnd to be inferior, quite the opersite, I just think if it aint broke don't fix it, but you obviosly think it's broke.

Personally I think if you get your wish of independence, it will be contested somehow. I mean the legality of it will be called into question.

:lol:

Aye, I'd like to see that happen.

The problem then is the backlash, once the nationalisim ball has stated rolling it's hard to stop and it destorys lives. It's already happening to a point, and Scotland could have problems from infighting.

Oh, so close, a little more hyperbole and you could have fitted in the phrase, "this is how Nazi Germany started"

I like how an independent Scotland would be a hotbed of nationalism and infighting, but if we vote no then everything is a land of milk and honey.

I just think if it aint broke don't fix it, but you obviosly think it's broke.

This is the key here. The vast majority of Scots think it's broken, to assume those voting No are those who are happy with the setup would be a huge mistake. To be fair the vast majority of UK citizens think it's broken as well. We are simply taking the only chance we have been given to change that.

Shit just got real ladies & gents....

Headline news 8pm in Thailand, Scotland's Independence i'm like waaaaaaaat, this is country that 95% couldn't point Scotland a map. We've famous!!!!

Well my dad landed in Thailand a few hours ago so there's one more that can :P

edit: his postal vote came through the door this morning and he is a strong No voter - so that is one less to worry about.

Well my dad landed in Thailand a few hours ago so there's one more that can :P

edit: his postal vote came through the door this morning and he is a strong No voter - so that is one less to worry about.

Have you returned it on his behalf yet?....

Archived