Scottish Independence

xbl

And you are presenting your opinion as fact because........?

He wasn't suggesting his opinion was fact - he was putting forward his opinion (without saying 'in my opinion' - hardly a crime).

I get a wee bit annoyed by Yes supporters who somehow deny that there will be a period of uncertainty. Of course there will be a period of uncertainty - this kind of shit has never really been done before (with the unique circumstances that are in play here).

One of the reasons I'm so looking forward to a Yes vote is the interest it will bring to politics. I quite like the 'f**k it - it'll be a laugh' version so beautifully articulated by Kevin Bridges.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No of course not. However the opportunity-loss to Scotland will be huge in areas such as:

Scottish currency

Central banking

Financial regulation

A plethora of other regulatory authorities

A constitution

Tax regime both personally and for companies.

Welfare regime

Welfare systems

Possibly the largest IT project in world history to write new programs from scratch.

An approach to diplomacy

Diplomatic missions

Relationships with entities like NATO and The UN

Consulates

European Union integration, timescales and conditions

Defense policy

For me? I'd prefer to put all that time, effort and money in to developing Scotland as is rather than spending billions on replicating what we already have.

Are you just randomly flicking through a dictionary and posting all the words which sound vaguely relevant?

Oh noes, not an opportunity loss in relation to a plethora of regulatory authorities. :lol:

The polls are 50/50 with ten days to go, this is about as uncertain as it gets.

Granted their might be some wobbles during the negotiations and the embryonic period but I'm sure after a short period of time when it becomes obvious Scotland is on course to become a stable and successful country the markets will have worked themselves out.

Erm and pray tell, how short a period of time do you reckon we're talking about here?

Just interested like

HOLD THE BUS, EVERYONE!

JK Rowling has just tweeted that she would still be financially well off after a yes vote (no, really, I am not shitting you, she has just tweeted that!)

Now that we know a multi-millionaire will still be a multi-millionaire no matter the outcome I am sure we will all be able to sleep at night.

Are you just randomly flicking through a dictionary and posting all the words which sound vaguely relevant?

Oh noes, not an opportunity loss in relation to a plethora of regulatory authorities. :lol:

Haw cunto, if you'd ever posted on The Big Thread you'd ken that the word is 'thesaurus'.

BTW everything I posted in the list that you quoted involves much time and money. Frankly that effort and cost could be better spent elsewhere. Not one bawbee nor a minute of the effort will make us any more Scottish.

HOLD THE BUS, EVERYONE!JK Rowling has just tweeted that she would still be financially well off after a yes vote (no, really, I am not shitting you, she has just tweeted that!)Now that we know a multi-millionaire will still be a multi-millionaire no matter the outcome I am sure we will all be able to sleep at night.

Aye well I can vote with a clear conscience now. The only thing that was possibly making me waiver at the last moment was the thought she might have to visit the food bank. I feel so relieved.

Haw cunto, if you'd ever posted on The Big Thread you'd ken that the word is 'thesaurus'.

BTW everything I posted in the list that you quoted is involve much time and money. Frankly that effort and cost could be better spent elsewhere. Not one bawbee nor a minute of the effort will make us any more Scottish.

If we take the cost of Trident out we won't have any issues.

BTW everything I posted in the list that you quoted is involve much time and money. Frankly that effort and cost could be better spent elsewhere. Not one bawbee nor a minute of the effort will make us any more Scottish.

The Big Thread - brilliant.

:):lol:

Does the referendum sub-forum continue in perpetuity after the 18th? Does it become a kind of Gold forum? Or rumble on like the Big Thread?

Do you speak English as a second language? Well done. You're quite fluent really.

Aye well I can vote with a clear conscience now. The only thing that was possibly making me waiver at the last moment was the thought she might have to visit the food bank. I feel so relieved.

I was genuinely worried.

She has gone on to say the people she worries about are the people who will suffer poverty. Obviously her support for the Bitters has shown how much she cares for those who are suffering poverty.

3/4 of your list we have in place already.

Further, if we are to assume a proportionate share of debt, I think it reasonable to assume we take a proportionate share of the asset. That includes any fixed assets in Scotland, but also a share of UK foriegn diplomatic missions and BoE reserves. You cannae have it all ways.

I would also suggest that the implentation costs will be more than offset by saving on such turds as Trident, HS2, London xrail and Heathrow 2.

Before I read the posts on here and comment, can Iust say that today on the BBC feels like the day the white paper was unveiled, the very levels of coverage that pushed me from NO to YES, shamefully one-sided.

I've lived in England for a year now. I won't get a vote. I've felt absolutely shite about that. Went in to work today, spoke to my line manager, told her not being alble to vote was making me sick to my stomach and I needed to dissapear for the week before the vote to volunteer for Yes Scotland. I might not make a difference, we might not win but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do something. I thought it might be a tough sell as we've got a big project starting this week. She absolutely loved it.

Scotland here I come! :thumsup2

I've lived in England for a year now. I won't get a vote. I've felt absolutely shite about that. Went in to work today, spoke to my line manager, told her not being alble to vote was making me sick to my stomach and I needed to dissapear for the week before the vote to volunteer for Yes Scotland. I might not make a difference, we might not win but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do something. I thought it might be a tough sell as we've got a big project starting this week. She absolutely loved it.

Scotland here I come! :thumsup2

How did you keep a straight face?

That said, perhaps you've just been sacked but don't realise it.. ;)

Archived