Scottish Independence

xbl

Did Lord George Robertson really just describe Scotland as a 'minor entity in North Britain'? #Scotland2014 #indyref

I am sure Nicola and the Yes Scotland campaign will be pissing themselves...Labour just keep committing suicide, Millibands wee trip North to bolster the No camp has just been torpedoed

Any link to Georgie boy's comments?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking love walking down Perth Road and taking the bus to work, Yes stickers absolutely everywhere.

The number of Yes stickers and flags in Edinburgh shocked me. Not traditionally fertile Yes ground I would have thought but they were very obvious. Funnliy enough the only No ones I spotted were 'Team UK' banners in fermer's fields.

I've long compared this referendum to Motherwell getting into a Cup Final. My gut instinct is that good stuff doesn't happen for the wee team and it'll go tits up. Though I can't help but get excited that it just might happen, that we're in a position to make it happen, that maybe - just maybe - we'll get the result we need on the day... and what a glorious day that would be. Here's hoping that the metaphorical Stevie Kirk pops up in extra time to nod this home.

Dare to dream.

Sky news are claiming some Northern Irish Unionists fear a "yes" vote would encourage the terrorist campaign of dissident Irish republicans.

Link

Sky seem to be recycling stories as that was doing the rounds a while back, at the same time the BBC were interviewing those in Northern Ireland looking to get a similar sort of quote only to find most people doing that Alan Partridge shrug.

Edit: Jesus, just checked, it's Ian fucking Paisley's son. That is possibly some of the most dreadful journalism going.

Laughed at Crystal Palace fans "don't know" category:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=11963578

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be given its independence ?

Yes - Good luck as your own country 203 46.45%

No - Look you are part of the UK and so you should be 141 32.27%

Could not give a highland moo 93 21.28%

ETA again: Some of the comments from the FIRST PAGE on that forum:

"

Even people with Scottish sounding names should be sent back.

Hadrian's Wall can be fully rebuilt, much bigger.

The only trouble is, the Sweaties will claim the oilfields belong to them and claim past monies to support the scroungers up there. They forget that without "English" input they'd never have found let alone exploited the North Sea in the first place.

I see that as even; let's just pull the plug on them and they can try to survive on former glories such as discovering some stuff 200 years ago and Archie Gemmill."
"just **** 'em off and take the likes of Brown with you and that smug moron Alex Salmond.

Even with the North Sea oil and gas they've got to be, along with Wales and Northern Ireland a net drain on England's resources."
"Unhealthy bunch and they go and give them all free precriptions. Well down Jocko McPloppo"
"
People are under the belief that the oil and gas belongs to Scotland for some reason.

SNP et al really ought to read up on that, they would be rather surprised I suspect."

Laughed at Crystal Palace fans "don't know" category:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=11963578

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be given its independence ?

Yes - Good luck as your own country 203 46.45%

No - Look you are part of the UK and so you should be 141 32.27%

Could not give a highland moo 93 21.28%

ETA again: Some of the comments from the FIRST PAGE on that forum:

"

Even people with Scottish sounding names should be sent back.

Hadrian's Wall can be fully rebuilt, much bigger.

The only trouble is, the Sweaties will claim the oilfields belong to them and claim past monies to support the scroungers up there. They forget that without "English" input they'd never have found let alone exploited the North Sea in the first place.

I see that as even; let's just pull the plug on them and they can try to survive on former glories such as discovering some stuff 200 years ago and Archie Gemmill."

"just **** 'em off and take the likes of Brown with you and that smug moron Alex Salmond.

Even with the North Sea oil and gas they've got to be, along with Wales and Northern Ireland a net drain on England's resources."

"Unhealthy bunch and they go and give them all free precriptions. Well down Jocko McPloppo"

"

People are under the belief that the oil and gas belongs to Scotland for some reason.

SNP et al really ought to read up on that, they would be rather surprised I suspect."

My immediate line manager and friend when I worked in London was a Palace fan. He was a funny guy. Those comments are pretty funny, if you take them with a pinch of salt.

Archived