Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye that makes all the difference!!

On a separate note how come obesity has become such a problem when millions are relying on food banks and soup kitchens!!?

You clearly haven't had to live on 17p horse lasagnes from Tesco.

Cheap food is shit. Healthy food is expensive. Nutrition 101

Food you can afford when living on the poverty line isn't exactly healthy for you.

You clearly haven't had to live on 17p horse lasagnes from Tesco.

Cheap food is shit. Healthy food is expensive. Nutrition 101

Load of nonsense, you get fat by over eating/drinking and not taking exercise, not because you're skint !!

Still not sure what that's got to do with the Independence debate though.

If the Scottish Government choose to enlist the help of a private provider to address the issue, that's fine by me!

Load of nonsense, you get fat by over eating/drinking and not taking exercise, not because you're skint !!

If the Scottish Government choose to enlist the help of a private provider to address the issue, that's fine by me!

Well you were the one who brought it up.

As part of my job I do a fair bit of driving around the Dundee/Perth/Angus/Fife area; main roads and country roads.

The only people who seem to be displaying NO banners are farmers.

Farmers are c*nts.

This.

Farmers, without exception, are p***ks.

On a separate note how come obesity has become such a problem when millions are relying on food banks and soup kitchens!!?

:1eye

Seriously, why would you make a comment that shows you know absolutely f**k-all about the subject?

Anyway, the number of people living in poverty, and needing to use foodbanks in Scotland, is a very important consideration in talking about independence. The budget that is given to Scotland is likely to be cut if we vote no and poverty is likely to get worse as a consequence.

Its you that's claimed that over a million people are on the poverty line is not mate! That's millions isn't it?

Of course, you'll be able to provide evidence of me saying that?

I said an extra 100,000 people over the next year pushed into poverty. Those are facts, Rob.

Wake up.

ETA: The million was the amount of people dependent on foodbanks last year. Also a fact.

Seriously, why would you make a comment that shows you know absolutely f**k-all about the subject?

Anyway, the number of people living in poverty, and needing to use foodbanks in Scotland, is a very important consideration in talking about independence. The budget that is given to Scotland is likely to be cut if we vote no and poverty is likely to get worse as a consequence.

I've done my time down that road mate believe me, albeit some years ago.

Of course, you'll be able to provide evidence of me saying that?

I said an extra 100,000 people over the next year pushed into poverty. Those are facts, Rob.

Wake up.

ETA: The million was the amount of people dependent on foodbanks last year. Also a fact.

Fair enough, but was sure you'd mentioned 'over a million people' a couple of times, that's all.

Fair enough, but was sure you'd mentioned 'over a million people' a couple of times, that's all.

Probably in relation to the amount of people fucked over by ATOS.

Vote Yes Rob. You know you want to.

The biggest foodbank apologists seem to be Daily Mail types whos only food crisis in a lifetime was when waitrose ran out of that coffee which comes out a civets arse.

We were fucking broke around 1982 thanks to Thatcher. Family saw us through. A lot of folk these days don't even have that so where do you go when nobody has your back and a letter from the broo has left you with four quid for the week?

It's outrageous and a solid reason why I'm yes all the way.

The biggest foodbank apologists seem to be Daily Mail types whos only food crisis in a lifetime was when waitrose ran out of that coffee which comes out a civets arse.

We were fucking broke around 1982 thanks to Thatcher. Family saw us through. A lot of folk these days don't even have that so where do you go when nobody has your back and a letter from the broo has left you with four quid for the week?

It's outrageous and a solid reason why I'm yes all the way.

It genuinely angers me.

We are being ruled by a Government who think it's acceptable to spend £100bn on a nuclear weapons programme we can never use.

We have spent multiple billions of £s on an aircraft carrier that cannot take aircraft.

More multiple billons are being spent on a rail network that few Scots will ever use.

And all this goes on while there's a 400% rise in foodbank use and people are going days without eating due to benefits sanctions.

How the hell can you consider a No vote in the face of all this?

Archived